Search
Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

dirt bikes rearly arnt all to blame, they dont do as much damage as you think

where i ride my thumpstar the track stays in better nick than mv without anyone even touching it

its our cars which are doing the damage not the bikes
Old 03-14-2007, 12:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coopz
I'm saying if u put a good surface down it will still get wrecked by dirt bikes, those things carve up anything, especially the bigger one's that get ridden around that place.

I agree with you Coopz. I dont think people understand what a waste of time resurfacing this track will be.. It would be an extremely labour intensive and probably costly effort which wil be destroyed in a wink. Anyone who thinks the bikes wont cause huge amounts of damage, even to a good clay surface are crazy.

I dont see the point in maintaining a track that anyone and everyone has free rain on regaurdless of wether they care for it or not.

This issue needs to be adressed just as much as fixing what we have now!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 12a_rx2
dirt bikes rearly arnt all to blame, they dont do as much damage as you think

its our cars which are doing the damage not the bikes
absolutely spot on!!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Guys...

The surface is rubbish.... its that simple...

The reason the surface basically falls apart is because there is too many different soil types... from yellow clay, gawler river loam to back fill..... There is alot of clay there... the current surface basically sits on top of the clay... hence being so easily destroyed and why there are 'wash outs" when it gets wet...

A good surface WILL be easier to maintain than what is currently there... but there is also alot of clay etc to remove... whatever is underneath needs to drain well...

Anyways ask some of the more experienced guys for their opinions...

Clay is THE BEST surface if done right... unfortunately its expensive to set up in the first place...

Glenn
Old 03-14-2007, 01:02 AM
Tech Addict

Fix the track then, and well see!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

the track should be left in it's current condition... my 8ight aches for the rough stuff
Old 03-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

My Hyper likes rolling over for no apparant reason I hate bumps
Old 03-14-2007, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

I know those little bikes do make a mess mostly to the jumps, but its the rc cars that crack through the surface and keep digging away at thr powder underneth till they hit a hard spot. None of the holes out there were cause by those little dirt bikes because there wheels are just to big to make thoses kind of bumps. Yes i adgree they flaten the jumps out and put ruts in the track but they dont really tear it to peices. I agree a new surface is what it needs.

Dose anyone know how the water restrictions apply to us at the track. Having a bad serface when it dry makes the problem 10 times as bad and the wear on vechiles so much worse.

This is just my opinion, im not saying this to argue with anyone or whats right and wrong because at the moment there is no black or white answer. But I strongly believe somthing has to be done, look at how big of an issue this is just on this forum and there is also alot of other people out there that feel the same way about the track that dont realy talk on this fourm
Old 03-14-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Is this the same Timmy_G who said the track is near shagged?

Originally Posted by Timmy_G
the track should be left in it's current condition... my 8ight aches for the rough stuff

Yep looks like it is

Originally Posted by Timmy_G
most importantly, when are we going to have a working bee? the tracks near shagged after last race meet. It's pointless laying the rope on the track in it's current condition.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Rhys, for the benefit of other drivers
Old 03-14-2007, 05:57 PM
EG1
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rookie 4.6
Fix the track then, and well see!
Yes we will see bro, been there done that. Like we've said its the surafce/RC's that are the issue. If we have some wood available we can build the jumps and then cover them with clay which will make the track tough as nails.

There is no need to remove the old surface. Level it, fix the watering system, roll it and start the new track on top.

All this talk of kids ruining the track yet I've seen no proof of it. Bikes & 80cc motorbikes don't do any damage, except perhaps rounding the jumps off. Look where all the damage is, corners and hard braking zones. Those poor jumps have actually stood up VERY well considering they have had ZERO work done to them since who knows when. Prove me wrong and post the damage done by kids...besides the stolen sprinklers.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Some of that shitty old clay needs to be removed....

It is that simple... no point lay good stuff straight over it because that stuff doesn't drain well/quick enough...
Old 03-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Some important news for those attending the Monsters Tour Of Destruction this saturday at wayville.

Enter royal show grounds via the rear entrance, next to the train line on Leader Street (leader street runs off goodwood road)

Give the guy at the gate your name and you will get a wrist band for free entry and pit access, and any spectators/family will have to pay full price.

once you pass the security gate immediately turn right and follow it down to the pit area where you will need to display your wrist band to get past security and into the pits. (ill get a map up of where to go/park posted here in a minute)

Family can sit on the grass mound directly left of the pit gate, so you can leave your RC stuff in the safety of the pits and go out to gen admission and sit with the family until its our turn in the arena if you like..

you can bring an esky with drinks (no bottles) but theres no alcohol in the pits. (buy/drink in gen admission area, then re-enter pits if you need a fix)

Today i was introduced to the promotor of ALL events at wayville showgrounds, he was very impressed with the Whyalla show and he wants to get us at every one of his shows if we are interested. (i need to follow this up)

Mark Riscuito from the crows donned' full race gear and sat in the truck and posed for a few photo's.. he was supposed to drive it but something about he better not coz hes out with an injury or something?

Arrive anytime between 2pm + 4pm, you could probably get in earlier and watch practise all day if you like..

oh and for those dudes that were at whyalla, remember the motoX rider that come a cropper real bad and was chucked in the ambo?
he was out there and will be back this weekend, he said the other riders wussed out of 65ft jump and moved the ramp to 50ft and thats why he missed the ramp and come down super hard, clothes lined himself over the bars
Old 03-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

so how much notice does the machinery need? and how soon can we get the dirt? has anyone approched a brick company yet? i feel we need to sort something out sooner rather than later as nice as the 8ight goes through the bumps and ruts i much prefer a track where a racing line is needed not a hole avoiding line!
Old 03-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

some more maps, for those attending (please call me to confirm your spot if you havent already)
Attached Thumbnails Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-google-map.jpg   Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-show-entry.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.