Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club >

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Old 02-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oblivion
hmm last time i seen his truck he had more bling than "MR T" and a honda civic Ricer combined!
That was his old one he is now running a brand new truck, savage x ss the kit version, it was out there on sunday. It is going very well just has to dial it in for the track!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:12 PM
EG1
Tech Regular

That truck was stolen, he is now running a stock X w/ Nubz...I think.

The X makes a great basher.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Coopz
A question from my cousin who is looking at getting a monster truck. He has his eye on the HPI 1/8 Savage X 4.1 RTR kit. Just wondering (seems to be a few at the club) on what the overall opinion is on them? I think he is leaning more towards bashing and having fun rather than racing. Are they pretty strong? Any negatives?
Iv'e had my limited edition Savage for six months never driven before this one and am really hard on it. I havent had a serious breakage as yet (touch wood), and have given it hell.

I would highly recommend buying one they are great to thrash but can still get out on the track. I picked mine up off Darren at RCHOBBYZONE. Check them out.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EG1
That truck was stolen, he is now running a stock X w/ Nubz...I think.

The X makes a great basher.
You are correct eric his first one was stolen, but he got another one and built it a few days before the meeting!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Kinda thinking of getting one myself now, how much do mid range MT tyres cost? Are the parts similair in price to buggies?
Old 02-27-2007, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

average price for proline tyres is about $45 pr, and 30ish p/pair for rims but they last a lot longer than bug tyres.bug's are tyre munchers!

edit: once youve got trucks, you can never go back to a bug!
Old 02-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Coopz
Kinda thinking of getting one myself now, how much do mid range MT tyres cost? Are the parts similair in price to buggies?
go to his website, the phone number is there and give darren a call and have a chat with him! Call him between the opening hours(listed on the site) or call him at zone 3 during normal hours, not sure what that number is though have to look through the yellow pages!

www.rchobbyzone.com.au
Old 02-27-2007, 02:20 AM
Tech Adept

thanks adec - yep blew a plug just after the second last turn and then Darren
just mosied on past! bugger

thanks for pitting for me too mate - very much appreciated
Also, as always, big thankyou to Gizmo for pitting/marshalling the club needs
more guys like him!!

It was a great day of racing despite the category 5 winds!! BBQ and drinks
went off! - great to see people supporting the club.

catch you all soon
Old 02-27-2007, 02:35 AM
Tech Initiate

maybe Ralfy and Darren should set up a 1/18 micro track down at the shop for those that cant get enough. A la latest driver mag.

Those boys are obsessed. Whish i could have there job.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

dont forget ppls, no racing next weekend (march 11) because its a long weekend and we will be in Whyalla for the inter club meeting..

anyone who needs a ride down there pls PM or phone me, there is a few of us car pooling and theres always room for a few more to split the fuel costs.

MT support act at whyalla on sat 10th
Inter club meeting at whyalla Sun 11th.
(Im coming to beat you on your own turf Tony Wright!!!)

public holiday on the 12th..

Its going to be a kick arse weekend, i hope more of you can attend!!

edit: best of all, i get to race and watch some other sucker organise the event!
Old 02-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Eric is correct, whilst I was in Shepparton at the Nats, my new Savage X SS (which I used for one day only, mv's first race this year) was stolen along with my Micro RS4 1/18

Pete is also correct, I built another new Savage X SS a couple of days prior to our last race meet, and it is stock except for the Nubz and the Stage 5 Massive Mod

Plans for it are: add the Savage suspension conversion, tweak the shocks (oil and springs) and try 40 series but thats it - the rest stays stock

I guess this is as good a time as any to ask you guys to keep an eye out for us.

My savage wasn't the only one stolen, we actually had a considerable number of kits (mostly savages and hellfires) stolen from the shop as well

Its made it extremely difficult for us, basically 12 months of building up our stock ALL LOST

If you hear of any "cheap" HPI kits/cars/trucks getting around, please let me know. And keep an eye out at the track for any new cars - you never know where one might show up.

Coopz - come and see us or call - we are very keen to get the turnover happening so we can begin rebuilding.

BUGGY drivers - I'm trying to get a bulk buy on crimefighters, if your interested pm me some numbers (how many you would like, what price range you think is fair) and I'll hit the distributor with an offer that will hopfully help you guys out and us as well. The more we order , the cheaper they'll be for all!

We might be down but we will fight on and race on

Darren
Old 02-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

The old RTR Hellfire went really well this meet even though I was upside down at the back doubles for a good 15 seconds due to there being no marshall there... The savage was going great in the final until the last 10 laps were my rear shock tower basically fell off!!!

Thought you were sticking with nubz Darren...??? I knew you wouldn't be able to resist the 40 series urge!!

ERIC - Give me a call on 0439203880 regarding Whyalla.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Default Thanks!

Just thought Id put in a quick post to say thanks again to Darren and Glen from Rc Hobby Zone. Things have come along way since that thrash at Aba. BMX track!! I think this year will be a good one.

I highly recommend that anyone thinking of getting in to RC or looking for parts visit RC HOBBYZONE. There service is second to none, and you can gaurantee that someone will be there to help and give advice if you need it.

Good on ya guys... Keep up the good work!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Think a monster truck is going to be on the things to buy list for next month, just gotta pay a shitload of bills tomorow (car rego, bike rego, rates, bike insurance ) so it's going to take a lil' while to rejuvenate the bank account
Old 02-27-2007, 11:22 PM
EG1
Tech Regular

Yeah all the RC Hobbyzone crew are really cool guys.

I just talked to Roby and figured I'd let people know that I'm following Roby & Glenn up in my car and have enough room for at least 2 more people. So if transportation was stopping anyone from going your good to go now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.