Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Old 11-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking Vic Titles

Originally Posted by ringo
hey nick,

i think andrew foord and 'team r/c hobby zone' went over. i've been looking around to see who won, but the best i've found so far was the results of qualifying: matt griffin t.q.'d, then steven drygalla and craig laughton.

i guess we'll find out how they all went when they get back...
We had an absolute blast

Robby had a good day on friday with only minor hiccups with his hellfire, the rest of his Quals on Saturday weren't so good but when it came to the semi late Sat he pulled it all together and made the Final Sunday came and he prepared for his first ever 45 min final - got the engine tuned the best its ever been - put it on pitlane for the warmup and IT drove itself straight out of pitlane , down the straight, through the fence and some poor kids legs at WOT . Being a sanctioned event we were able to invoke a delay rule which gave us 10 mins delay.....after a couple of mins testing we decided it was definately some form of interference and converted his truggy to spektrum and reset it all and had him ready in under 5 mins - he made the start (he had to start from pitlane - but all were happy he was starting at all!) It took him a few laps to get used to the feel of the different tx and settings and he did exceptianllay well to get out of the faster drivers way and bought it home for a 9th place with a blown rear diff - literally it rolled up pit lane and crossed the line on its last lap - probably wouldn't have made another lap WELL DONE ROBBY

Peter had an exceptional run for reliabillity - I can't remember his buggy failing/flamming out or breaking anything all weekend - He had the honour of being the first of us to drive the track and I think we were more nervous after watching his first lap than when we first seen the track - he only crashed at every corner on the way into it and on the way out of it after that he obviously got on top of the nerves coz he drove the wheels off his buggy and ended up in 40th place overall. WELL DONE PETE a great effort.

Ralfy ran both his hellfire and buggy - he arrived a little late on Friday and missed his first buggy run, again his buggy was unbelievably reliable (as per petes) I can only remember it popping out a lower arm once (lack of driver skill - not the buggies fault ) and running out of juice once (again is this the buggies fault ) On sunday he ran his race in the worst conditions of the day - the track was at its muddiest during this race - we'll get some pics up on our website but the thing looked like a mudbrick with wheels - we couldn't tell any of the buggies apart - until his was driving away from us we could see his shiney purple shock tower . ended up finishing 41st. Nice one Ralfy. He had a couple of tuning (I think) issues with is hellfire and ended up 15th - He'll need to elaborate on his truggy experience as I was in his races so don't really know what was going on with his truggy.

My efforts weren't so fruitfull I couldn't finish any practice or Qual on Friday - the truggy had the pace and I was driving it ok but it kept running away and doing really weird stuff - ended up pretty much writting off the back end in a very heavy hit with the fence Tested and tested and turned out to be a broken spektrum rx , got hold of someones spare one and it all came together for me during Sat Qual. I managed to finish all of sats Quals in full without any issues at all. Then came my semi - (the same one Robby was in too) the truggy was doing great, the driver was feeling comfortable then after only 5 laps (just the time when you start to settle the nerves) it all came unstuck - flew around turn one - all good, went wide - thats normal for me - slipped off the track got impatient and gave it fist full off throttle to get it boack , flicked it around and launched it into a star-droppper front right completely smashed - race over, weekend over coz needed to finish in top 3 to advance - noone to blame but me.

I can't stress enough how well SRCCC ran this event and how much fun we all had. We all learnt so much. The track was incredible can't wait til we take the team back again for the Nats in Feb.

It is a road trip that will stay with me for a very long time - lots of great memories. I'm sure the guys will have their own stories to tell as well, so I'll shutup now.

Andrew was doing very well too until he lost/broke a pin that he couldn't seem to find a replacement for - ended up 49th over all - well done mate

Sniffer

Last edited by Sniffer; 11-13-2006 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Congrats 2 all the guys that went over to Vic, a nice quiet club meet here for Halies blast with my Hyper 8, check out footage of Halie trying 2 control my buggy in the Pull-Start class here <<<
Old 11-14-2006, 12:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integrated
Congrats 2 all the guys that went over to Vic, a nice quiet club meet here for Halies blast with my Hyper 8, check out footage of Halie trying 2 control my buggy in the Pull-Start class here <<<
Noticed that Halies' confidence grew by the end of the day by how cleanly she was taking the jumps. Nice work. . Although it's always impressive to see a buggy stop suddenly, nose first, from 5 feet up and leaving a divot Tiger Woods would have been proud of.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:08 AM
Tech Regular

I wonder if i can get hold of an 8ight truggy before the nats in feb?.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking

welcome back all who went to the vic titles hopefully no major damage and hope you all had fun.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:31 AM
Tech Adept

Default 2006 vic titles - Shepparton

What a weekend!!
Having been racing at MV now for 12 months and I am (was) accustomed to 2 things.
1. MV cars drive clockwise - anti-clockwise racing at Shepparton
which for me that was like trying to write left handed. Loved it in the end!
2. At MV i can see the cars at all locations easily - this event tested my eyes
greatly as turn 2 (hairpin) seemed a mile away! had quite a lot of eye-strain
the guys can back me up as my eyes were "BLOODSHOT" at the end of each
day .

Both of these 2 issues made for FANTASTIC RACING which at times I wondered if I would be able to keep my cars in one piece!

THIS WAS GREAT RACING !!!

The HOT BODIES buggy was very reliable - no breakages - 1 bent drive shaft
the LRP .21 team spec 2 was not quite dialled-in enough to keep up with the
top competitors - i will need to work on this.
Fridays practice session was difficult - lap times were down but it got better on Saturday.
Sunday morning arrived with some overnight rain. The first buggy race (semi-final - knockout with 3 bump up) got a very sticky track however the second race (another semi), my do or die race, was a disaster for all . It was a 20min race that seen my buggy completely caked with mud . Each time i pitted Sniffer and Robbie removed handfuls of mud from many locations on the buggy.
At times i had to roll over jumps (no power to weight) and slide around corners (no turning circle) - lucky i had aluminium clutch shoes . On my final pit the guys made a tuning adjustment which when i returned to the track did not feel good. I called out to them that power was down quite a bit. They replied " thats because it was 200degrees C and it prolly weighes 4 times what it should! "
After the race, i couldnt lift the buggy with 1 hand! - 20mins with the hose
and wire brush revealed the buggy. A very eventful race. I HAD FUN!!

The HELLFIRE went well on Friday and Saturday however a blown front diff
in the last qualifier sent me packing .

I would like to thank MERV for coming along and pitting for me with my 2 cars - couldnt get on the track without him! and the TEAM RC HOBBY ZONE GUYS who make it a very memorable weekend.

Thanks to all the guys in Shepparton for a great race meeting - i will see you all at the 2007 Nationals.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HSVRALFY
2. At MV i can see the cars at all locations easily - this event tested my eyes
greatly as turn 2 (hairpin) seemed a mile away! had quite a lot of eye-strain
the guys can back me up as my eyes were "BLOODSHOT" at the end of each
day .

Are you sure that the 'bloodshot' eyes weren't from what is in the attach photo!!!!!

also have attach a photo of the track at shepparton! the main straight is meant to be straight it looks like that because i have join 3 photos together.

I had a great time at shep! I was the first one to hit the track out of our team on friday and it was not pretty! i was all over the place because it was further away than what i was use to and also the opposite direction.

Come saturday i had fiddle with the steering speed settings on my radio which help my driving cause i was oversteering all the time so i slow it down. By the end of saturday i was a lot better at driving around the track but still if i got off line it was ugly.

After some rain through the night we were greeted with a wet track which appear ok at first but once the buggies got to it, it was a mud pit. I was in the first 20 min final on sunday and probably raced my best race of the weekend and manage to pull 6th in that race but not enough to get bump up!

To sum it all up it was an awsome experience, the lightning pro 2 didn't have a single thing break or go wrong even though i probably crash the most out of our team! can't wait for the nationals!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-ralphy-efforts.jpg   Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-shepparton-track.jpg   Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-peter-mud.jpg   Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-ralphy-mud.jpg   Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-mud-track.jpg  

Old 11-15-2006, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What a massive track.
Looks cool though
Old 11-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

has a pretty nice looking soil/surface too.
(pity ours isnt)
Old 11-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oblivion
(pity ours isnt)
and a fence
Old 11-16-2006, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

that track was "smooth as silk"
Old 11-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oblivion
(pity ours isnt)
from what i heard, it's just the natural ground with the grass scraped off of it. if only we had it that easy....
Old 11-19-2006, 02:36 AM
Tech Initiate

I went down for a drive this arvo, I can't believe how rough it is. Good fun though trying to get car setup to handle it. I see the old lap times suffered last meeting too. Ripped ut 2 sets of old tires in about 2 hours, they are full slicks now. ha ha ha
Old 11-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://monsterblog.lzsportsource.com/video.htm

top video in the list, 35mb.. or for those lazy peeps click here

at 7min 15 theres a fantastic wheelie, he goes the entire length of the fair ground with the rear bumper grinding away in a shower of sparks

one loses a wheel, another rolls it from turning too quick.. gotta love those crazy monster truck drivers!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Do you yourself a favour and go pick yourself up a copy of the December issue of wheels. They have an article about the 1/10th nitro worlds in QLD. Very well written article from someone who didn't know anything about RC cars. A "Tas" gets a mention pitting for Simon Camilleri. This is the guy who races at MV right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.