Search
Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 03:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MY_LST

Today was a blast on the tabletop.
Yeah your LST looked smooth on that tabletop, handled the landings well 2 !

The movies are too big to email, i am going to try and upload them again 1st thing in the morning, will repost new links as soon as they finally work
Old 12-18-2005, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey paul my v-spec was going nuts today.im gonna
have to go to a 15 tooth bell i reckon.your vids dont seem
to work.too bad about the infield hey that stupid horse!!

names andrew by the way

cheers
Old 12-18-2005, 04:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec
hey paul my v-spec was going nuts today.im gonna
have to go to a 15 tooth bell i reckon.your vids dont seem
to work.too bad about the infield hey that stupid horse!!

names andrew by the way

cheers
Hi Andrew, yeah i forgot to ask your name 2 put in the movie, welcome to RCtech too !

Yeah your OS V-Spec was so quick, reminded me of my Rossi when i had the original piston liner (44,000 revs) with 25% nitro, the engine was fitted with the wrong spec liner and one thats suited to high grip grass tracks like in Switzerland, my new rebuild only revs to 37,000rpm now.

RCpics is down 2night, i will upload my movies again in the morning and post new links so check back here soon

The Wiggles made a guest appearance at MV 2day in style in there own RC car ! lol
Attached Thumbnails Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-100_1750.jpg_scaled.jpg  
Old 12-18-2005, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

thanks i have put the blue restrictor back in because it already has soo much
torque and bottom end so ill just get some more top end [better hold on hey].
it was also running fairly rich and was bang on 100degc.cant wait to lean it out.ran about 1.5 litres through it today so i can start to lean it out a bit more.that table top is sick after you left i was nailing it every time and was getting so much more air.cant wait till yours is going.
oh by the way i was gonna do that exact paint scheme on my new body!!
Old 12-18-2005, 04:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

lol, i am saving my new body and my b'day present: my OS V-Spec for the Hobby Habit indoors launch, i was going to run my Nosram V-tec engine i got a while back but i am more keen on the v-spec (after seeing yours fly 2day) ! sometimes having my b'day so close to christmas makes for a nice joint better present ! especially when its a new motor (thankyou Halie! )
Old 12-18-2005, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

Well, what can I say. I new the track was going to cop a bit of a flogging from ferals but who would of guessed some nit-wit on a horse. The possibility of this happening often is probably high and a decision needs to be made on how serious we are about keeping this track. The damage it has sustained so far is thankfully repairable, but if a car was to career around the entire track it would most likely need another rebuild. Not to mention the cost to us to hire equipment, etc. Erecting signs would be a band-aid measure. What are the chances of the council erecting some sort of fence? I know the cost to them wouldn't be cheap. It is unfortunate that this has happened so soon I DON'T want to lose this track to mindless hoons.
Anyone got any ideas?
Old 12-18-2005, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

we.....could......um........shoot all horses on the premises ,sometimes im so smart lol!!
yeah saving the v-spec could be a good idea but as you know things can be awful tempting when they are sitting there looking at you.you could always break it in and get it tuned than set it aside for later.nothing we can do to really stop hoons no matter what we do if they want to they will find a way to destory glens and everyone elses hard work ,idiots!!. any way sleepy time
cheers
Old 12-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

On the other forum, i mentioned that an official letter on SDMCC letterhead could be sent to the horse club up the road and CC'd to our contact in the Council so they're aware of the problem too. The trick would be to word the letter in such away so that it doesnt blame the horse club for the damage to the track but just makes them aware of the time and effort we've all invested into the track - and perhaps thier members will think again next time they think its a showjumping course...

Council needs to hear about it as ammo towards getting a permanent fence to keep things like horses and motorbikes out
Old 12-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

there was at one point in time a fence about 1m(H) around the track to stop things like this happen. all it was, was star droers n chicken fence(know what i mean?). the fence will help with the spectaters too.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

if there was a fence around it in the past, hopefully the council won't have any objections to have it rebuilt now. a pine post fence at waist height will stop cars & motor bikes and be easy to strap the bunting to on race day. cost may be an issue though. i doubt the council will let us use stardroppers for a new fence.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Angry

No go with RCpics, there is 'still' a problem with the server does anyone know another server i could temporarily upload 2 movies to?
Old 12-19-2005, 01:47 AM
Tech Regular

Oblivion has a web server maybe he can host them until RCPICs is operating?

How about it Glen?
Old 12-19-2005, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

yeah good idea lst, i really want to see the vids of my hyper on that table top.
hey paul are you gonna go up on saturday [wheather permitting].my lst it was a bit freaky marshalling your car when you have a 10 pound behemoth
flying towards your head!!! you have that table top sorted you had about 10
smooth landings in a row they looked great
Old 12-19-2005, 03:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

mayb we could get the gear off of the cancle n we could have a nother bee to put up the fence??
Old 12-19-2005, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

there was only ever a fence along the back of the grassed area behind the rostrum, about 15 metres or so long. it didn't stop dickheads driving cars and motorbikes onto the track, and the council actually asked us a few times to remove it for some reason. might be a good deterrent for idiots on horses, though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.