Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club >

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Old 05-02-2014, 09:55 PM
  #18991  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
mallee RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mannum
Posts: 326
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Well gentlemen, what else can we say but BUGGER- im sure everyone's got itchy finger's bye now!! the weather play's such a huge part in our sport, we can only hope this year we can catch a break with our racing weeks.
Anyhow- hahaha my track is killer now its rained and is damp, have spent my morning running in a new Nova CLEO, with the changes nova has made to this p5, run in was so easy, now with a ltr or so on it, and yes its lapped, ive race tuned this little ripper, and with a 2013 pipe it has all the power a buggy can handle- nice!
Now my afternoon will be some fuel threw my new keepoff-7/6Tr, hoping to put a ltr threw so its ready for racing, and to put some wear on my newly built truggy.
enjoy your weekend boys- racing will happen-lets hope!
stewy
SDMCC- secretary
mannum express racing
phill, dave, chucky, matt, danny, stewy
BIG thanks to our TEAM sponsors/your support counts!!
mallee RC is offline  
Old 05-02-2014, 11:09 PM
  #18992  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Adelaide, Sth Aust
Posts: 993
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Any chance some membership cards will be coming out sometime soon Stewy?
Novarossilosi is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 01:14 AM
  #18993  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
mrbusta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Adelaide Australia
Posts: 1,572
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mallee RC
Well gentlemen, what else can we say but BUGGER- im sure everyone's got itchy finger's bye now!! the weather play's such a huge part in our sport, we can only hope this year we can catch a break with our racing weeks.
Anyhow- hahaha my track is killer now its rained and is damp, have spent my morning running in a new Nova CLEO, with the changes nova has made to this p5, run in was so easy, now with a ltr or so on it, and yes its lapped, ive race tuned this little ripper, and with a 2013 pipe it has all the power a buggy can handle- nice!
Now my afternoon will be some fuel threw my new keepoff-7/6Tr, hoping to put a ltr threw so its ready for racing, and to put some wear on my newly built truggy.
enjoy your weekend boys- racing will happen-lets hope!
stewy
SDMCC- secretary
mannum express racing
phill, dave, chucky, matt, danny, stewy
BIG thanks to our TEAM sponsors/your support counts!!

who lapped it?
mrbusta is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 01:38 AM
  #18994  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
mallee RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mannum
Posts: 326
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hi shane, a fella in Qld does lapping, talk to rusty mate, its well worth the coin!! and yes Darren, now I have my computer back, ill get on to posting out members cards.
stewy
mannum express racing
SDMCC- secretary
mallee RC is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 02:37 AM
  #18995  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Adelaide, Sth Aust
Posts: 993
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Shane'o and myself went up this afternoon for and hour or 2 to sweep out the puddles and lay some dryer soil over the top.
Would've been great if we could have rolled it. It's certainly a lot dryer than when we started.

Dare say it would make for a pretty reasonable practise day tomorrow as the weather is looking quite reasonable at this stage and now with the standing water gone it should dry reasonable quickly with a few cars cutting some laps?

Job well done Shane, Thanks mate.

(swept out the gap between the Double on the Straight after the photo was taken)
Attached Thumbnails Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-img_0234.jpg  
Novarossilosi is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 02:49 AM
  #18996  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
mrbusta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Adelaide Australia
Posts: 1,572
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mallee RC
Hi shane, a fella in Qld does lapping, talk to rusty mate, its well worth the coin!! and yes Darren, now I have my computer back, ill get on to posting out members cards.
stewy
mannum express racing
SDMCC- secretary
pod is that who you speak of?
mrbusta is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 04:04 AM
  #18997  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
mtbkym01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Oz
Posts: 1,725
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mrbusta
pod is that who you speak of?
Definitely know its not Pod, pretty sure they're getting done in NSW now, not sure where though, I've had my new Bonito done aswell, and Mick E also had a Clio done. I know this, I will never not have an engine lapped again, this is my 2nd one, and it is the single best thing that can be done to an engine IMHO, much easier run in, and the engines seem stronger too, fantastic.
mtbkym01 is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 05:10 AM
  #18998  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
mrbusta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Adelaide Australia
Posts: 1,572
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
Definitely know its not Pod, pretty sure they're getting done in NSW now, not sure where though, I've had my new Bonito done aswell, and Mick E also had a Clio done. I know this, I will never not have an engine lapped again, this is my 2nd one, and it is the single best thing that can be done to an engine IMHO, much easier run in, and the engines seem stronger too, fantastic.
I know a reasonable amount about the lapping process. I was just asking
Who did it local. I didn't know of any in Australia I have had many from a
Modder over the other side of the pond! but not heard of anyone from here
mrbusta is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 08:17 AM
  #18999  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
mallee RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mannum
Posts: 326
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Shane, if you need your new p5 done, call in and see Darren, he sends them to Qld, like I said, ive had my last 6 engines lapped threw this guy, it was back within a week, mine and my lads last engines were also flow rate tuned, now that my engine is broken in, the needle settings are at exactly what he set them at when lapped. And I agree with kym, they are really strong engines threw his lapping. The cost wasn't much either mate.
Sounds like Darren and shane have been busy with some track waterworks. I should bring down the big bag off sawdust ive collected from a customer, and dump it in a pile next to dirt mound, its excellent for soaking up water/mud, and binds the soil together well. just need to lift the bag in-

stewy
mannum
mallee RC is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 08:45 AM
  #19000  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (10)
 
scross178's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 511
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Hi Shayne,

If you want engines lapped just give me a buzz at the shop or message me and I
can sort it out. I have got a new engine over there now myself being done, he is in Aus. and does a great job.
scross178 is offline  
Old 05-04-2014, 02:29 AM
  #19001  
Tech Master
iTrader: (30)
 
WildManDriving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Radelaide
Posts: 1,412
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

How was the track today?

M.Ellis
WildManDriving is offline  
Old 05-04-2014, 03:01 AM
  #19002  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Adelaide, Sth Aust
Posts: 993
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
How was the track today?

M.Ellis
A touch dusty on the surface (late this afternoon) but otherwise pretty darn AWESOME...!
Novarossilosi is offline  
Old 05-04-2014, 04:02 AM
  #19003  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
ringo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 1,084
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Michael, replied to your message. Sorry for the delay....
ringo is offline  
Old 05-04-2014, 05:02 PM
  #19004  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
hyper7vspec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Adelaide , South Australia
Posts: 2,528
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Thanks to the work Shane and Darryn did the track was pretty awesome, if anything it needed some water in the arvo. When I had a run at 12 the car came off pretty clean apart from some dust.
hyper7vspec is offline  
Old 05-05-2014, 05:06 AM
  #19005  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Adelaide, Sth Aust
Posts: 993
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Just wondering as with this time of year the weather starts turning sour, will there be any makeup meets or Unscheduled calendar meets at all?

Just interested...
Novarossilosi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.