Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club >

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Old 01-26-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by julius_makewar
Kane0r - Samra and a few others are aware of my Sanwa MT4 issues which have been ongoing for almost 12 months. My radio would drop out with no response.

I have tried 6 servo's, 3 receivers, 2 MT4 transmitters and 2 Rx batteries as well as many settings in the Tx. I switched out my Sanwa for an old DX3R this past weekend and had no issues. The only difference was the lead from my battery to my receiver which is now new. That is the last item I have to try with the Sanwa MT4 radio.

If it does not solve the issue It will then be sent to be checked. However, the MT4 has worked fine in my electric cars so I cannot see it being the MT4. Other internationals have had range issues with some batches of Sanwa radios and had them replaced or repaired.

I will keep you updated with my progress and pass on any info I find.

Cheers
Great so it just sounds like I have a dud controller......thanks for letting me know, now I can tell Darren. Problem is I can't afford a new controller and receiver for a very long time. Looks like I'll be out of action for a while. This whole hobby thing is starting to become a drag.....
Old 01-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There obliviously some truth to it or why would you bother commenting ?
Old 01-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kane0r
Great so it just sounds like I have a dud controller......thanks for letting me know, now I can tell Darren. Problem is I can't afford a new controller and receiver for a very long time. Looks like I'll be out of action for a while. This whole hobby thing is starting to become a drag.....
If the transmitter/reciever was bought new, and is less than 12months old, then ya should have some sort of warranty on it? Also I don't think juliusmakewar is saying that ur tx is the prob, as he said, he has tried other rx, servos, even different tx, and his mt4 works fine in his electric cars?..have you tried giving ur radio/reciever to someone else to put in their car, and see if they have the same issues, maybe worth a try...good luck..
Old 01-27-2014, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kane0r
Originally Posted by GRANPA 67
If the transmitter/reciever was bought new, and is less than 12months old, then ya should have some sort of warranty on it? Also I don't think juliusmakewar is saying that ur tx is the prob, as he said, he has tried other rx, servos, even different tx, and his mt4 works fine in his electric cars?..have you tried giving ur radio/reciever to someone else to put in their car, and see if they have the same issues, maybe worth a try...good luck..
The MT4 is a Sport radio and receiver. I know of people who have had the issue of the radio gear cutting out in Nitro cars due to the heat of the vehicles and the receiver not being able to operate in those temperatures.
It is frustrating when things dont go well, however the thrill when its all going far outways the frustrations!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 001casey
Hey Stewey
That`s so far from the truth its not even funny.
Just yanking ya chain casey, id love to have more time to come race with you guy's, after seeing your xray at HH, I told you id like one, neat ride--just not enough time on our weekends

Now on to another topic--

Mannum Express Racing would like to welcome our newest team member for the JQ White drive- team vote was 5 votes- MATT SAMRA------
So matt welcome to our team for 2014.
Hope you all the best for this years racing, you deserve the chance matt to show your skill's with the Latest ride, congratulations .

To ALL the other's that applied for this position, sorry this time round- my team and I wish you all the best for the up coming season.

With all that said- thanks phill for bring up the water today, hot weather all week ahead, we are unsure for Race Meet next week- sure they said 40 sat, sunday??

Mannum Express Racing
SDMCC-secretary
TEAM 2014
Phill . N- 3.0b
Matt S- JQ
Chucky- JQ
Dave H- MP9- maybe truggy too??
Stewy B- A8T/ Mugen MBX6T
Troy R- 2.0
Danny B- MBX6R
Huge THANKS to our TEAM SPONSORS- without you we wouldn't happen
Old 01-27-2014, 03:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Originally Posted by mallee RC
Just yanking ya chain casey, id love to have more time to come race with you guy's, after seeing your xray at HH, I told you id like one, neat ride--just not enough time on our weekends

Now on to another topic--

Mannum Express Racing would like to welcome our newest team member for the JQ White drive- team vote was 5 votes- MATT SAMRA------
So matt welcome to our team for 2014.
Hope you all the best for this years racing, you deserve the chance matt to show your skill's with the Latest ride, congratulations .

To ALL the other's that applied for this position, sorry this time round- my team and I wish you all the best for the up coming season.

With all that said- thanks phill for bring up the water today, hot weather all week ahead, we are unsure for Race Meet next week- sure they said 40 sat, sunday??

Mannum Express Racing
SDMCC-secretary
TEAM 2014
Phill . N- 3.0b
Matt S- JQ
Chucky- JQ
Dave H- MP9- maybe truggy too??
Stewy B- A8T/ Mugen MBX6T
Troy R- 2.0
Danny B- MBX6R
Huge THANKS to our TEAM SPONSORS- without you we wouldn't happen
Firstly id like to say congrats samra on ya new ride, u deserve it mate the way you've been driving the last few meets

in relation to next weeks meet with the heat would it be viable to have 3 finals at 10 minutes each so people aint marshalling out in the sun for long or is there more to it than just that? if its not the bloody rain its the sun, we cant win
Old 01-27-2014, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure the meet gets canceled if it 36 degrees or above
Old 01-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

The club has a temperature ruling of 35 degrees. So if the temperature forecast by BOM as of 500.pm on the Saturday evening is 35 degrees or higher then the race meet will be cancelled.

It's no fun Marshalling in hot weather out on the track during a 20 minute main with no shade.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

2014 AARCMCC SA IC Off-Road Titles

Entries are open for the 2014 AARCMCC South Australian IC Off-Road State Titles. on http://e-laps.com/

Dates:
March 28-30

Host:
Southern Districts Model Car Club Inc.
Wilfred Taylor Reserve
Wheatsheaf Road Morphett Vale SA

Classes:
1:8th I.C. OFF ROAD Buggy Pro and Sportsman Class
1:8th I.C. OFF ROAD Truggy Pro and Sportsman Class
1:8th E.P. OFF ROAD Buggy - a minimum of 10 entries is required for this class to run.

Finals:
Buggy and Truggy are 15 car finals
Sportsman finals are 20mins for each Buggy and Truggy class.

'Sportsman class entries on e-Laps will be available soon.'

All entries must be paid by 16 March.....no later.

NOTE...A $30.00 LATER ENTRY FEE will apply.

The event will run under the 2014 AARCMCC event format.

This is a sanctioned event and is part of the National Series, (round 2 which will be counted towards the overall champion)

This event is strictly limited to 120 entries in total, please note the drivers acceptance will based when you have paid rather then nominated.

Entries:
$60 for first class, $40 for extra classes.

Payments to:
Credit Union SA
BSB No: 805-007
Acct Name: Southern Districts Model Car Club
Acct No: 00198060
Please include your name in the reference.

Last edited by SDMCC; 01-28-2014 at 03:51 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by too twisted
The MT4 is a Sport radio and receiver. I know of people who have had the issue of the radio gear cutting out in Nitro cars due to the heat of the vehicles and the receiver not being able to operate in those temperatures.
It is frustrating when things dont go well, however the thrill when its all going far outways the frustrations!
That's good to know. Mine cuts out when it's cold though. A few times it dropped out with 5 seconds of running it, so I'm really unsure. Lucky I just bought a ps4 to keep me entertained in the meantime.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SDMCC
2014 AARCMCC SA IC Off-Road Titles

Entries are open for the 2014 AARCMCC South Australian IC Off-Road State Titles. on http://e-laps.com/

Dates:
March 28-30

Host:
Southern Districts Model Car Club Inc.
Wilfred Taylor Reserve
Wheatsheaf Road Morphett Vale SA

Classes:
1:8th I.C. OFF ROAD Buggy Pro and Sportsman Class
1:8th I.C. OFF ROAD Truggy Pro and Sportsman Class
1:8th E.P. OFF ROAD Buggy - a minimum of 10 entries is required for this class to run.

Finals:
Buggy and Truggy are 15 car finals
Sportsman finals are 20mins for each Buggy and Truggy class.

'Sportsman class entries on e-Laps will be available soon.'

All entries must be paid by 16 March.....no later.

NOTE...A $30.00 LATER ENTRY FEE will apply.

The event will run under the 2014 AARCMCC event format.

This is a sanctioned event and is part of the National Series, (round 2 which will be counted towards the overall champion)

This event is strictly limited to 120 entries in total, please note the drivers acceptance will based when you have paid rather then nominated.

Entries:
$60 for first class, $40 for extra classes.

Payments to:
Credit Union SA
BSB No: 805-007
Acct Name: Southern Districts Model Car Club
Acct No: 00198060
Please include your name in the reference.
will you guys confirm payment has been made?
Old 01-29-2014, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

Do you have to have some sort of qualification to race at state titles,even in sportsman class? Or is it open to all? Also wondering,if I do come over ( flying over)if fuel may be available to buy on the day? Nitro is classed as a dangerous good and cant bring it over on the plane.

Last edited by greencommie; 01-29-2014 at 04:35 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-29-2014, 04:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by greencommie
Do you have to have some sort of qualification to race at state titles,even in sportsman class? Or is it open to all? Also wondering,if I do come over ( flying over)if fuel may be available to buy on the day? Nitro is classed as a dangerous good and cant bring it over on the plane.
Hi, it is open to all and you don t need any sort of qualification not even for sportsman class.

About fuel, if you use Neo+ just give a call to Darren and I am sure he will organize it for you.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Cheers Marco.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Is it to my understanding that only Non-Sponsored drivers can enter the Sportsman classes or has this rule been altered?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.