Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club >

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Old 08-26-2013, 03:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Shano1
Will the track work be done Sunday morning or Saturday?
Normally done on the Saturday morning, could be done Sunday morning if ppls are enthusiastic enough.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

I should be there if weather is good.....
happy to help with the track too either sat or sun....
I recon a sunday morning mini prep is the better option unless several want to help sat....
Old 08-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone have any spare lipo batteries i could borrow that fit losi receiver box, need some before saturday . if so it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well it looks like the weather has got us again for this weekend, thank god for hobby habit( something is better than nothing)
Old 08-26-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PAGIE #536
Does anyone have any spare lipo batteries i could borrow that fit losi receiver box, need some before saturday . if so it would be greatly appreciated.

Yep - PM sent
Old 08-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well Well Well, what to do-- have a family day-being a father!! or taking care of a needed fix?? I looked at track Tuesday, spoke with our beloved president Phill Tuesday, yes the track is in major need off prep, especially the straight, all the jumps are washed down, and track ground is very rough, A major weekend WORKING BEE will be held very soon when we have some clear weather, Ill be spraying out track sunday as you could graze sheep on it now, phill will mow and whipper snip this week some time-SUNDAY- needed for race meet is min of 12 drivers- 6 to race, 6 to marshal, and that will give us 2 classes. If not im sure the fellas that turn up will be keen to have a Quick track prep and we can practise sunday arvo?? GOOD LUCK to all the Whyalla drivers, may the best team WIN.
Sponsor-Mannum Express-Model Flight, RC Hobby Zone, VP race fuels
Old 08-28-2013, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Regarding Sunday ..we may not enough ppls to run a meet, which is a bummer considering the weather is finally going to be good.
So we do have options,
1) we can do a tune and test day with timing.
2) Just timed practice sessions...which ever way we go its better than cancelling again.

I'm open to suggestions if anyone else has some ideas.

Ill be doing track maintenance on Saturday 9.00 - 2.00. if anyone can lend a hand.

Cheers
Old 08-28-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's disappointing that sdmcc won't make any money cos of the enduro this weekend, would have been nice to get a bit of cash for the club considering the track needs a major patch up !

Does anyone know if whyalla have lights for where the pit tables are going to be ? I'm sure they thought about the 3.5-4 hours people will be pitting in the dark for. ?
Old 08-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grandpa
Regarding Sunday ..we may not enough ppls to run a meet, which is a bummer considering the weather is finally going to be good.
So we do have options,
1) we can do a tune and test day with timing.
2) Just timed practice sessions...which ever way we go its better than cancelling again.

I'm open to suggestions if anyone else has some ideas.

Ill be doing track maintenance on Saturday 9.00 - 2.00. if anyone can lend a hand.

Cheers

Whatever we end up doing on Sunday, I'll come by and give you a hand for a few hours on Saturday.

As it's Fathers Day I can't make it down for the full day on Sunday, but I could pop down for a few hours if that's ok.

I wont be there to register my transponder if you are timing runs, but I don't care if my runs are timed or not - I'm just hankering to get out on the track (my Truggy is embarrassingly clean!) - and I've fitted a new pipe so I would like to get a tune into the engine before the next race meet (which hopefully wont be too far off) . . . and I would like to test the handling as I've changed the shock oil weight . . . and ride height . . . and shock towers. . . . and rear caster rod position . . . and the brake bias . . . oh yeah, and the clutch springs

(This is what happens when you get rained in on weekends and have too much time to fiddle!)
Old 08-28-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Default FATHER"S DAY MEET

Gentlemen's

We've come up with a plan for Sunday's meet which should hopefully benefit those Dad's on Father's Day. And also give those Dad's with big toys....some time to play.

So the proposal is as follows: 12:00pm start, 4 or 5 rounds of 6 or 7min heats, best 3 to count for the win. The entry fee will be $10. We need minimum 12 driver's to run. This is a championship round as per calender date.

The late start will allow Dad's time to spend with the family in the morning and it will also allow time for those returning from the Whyalla Enduro to join in if they wish.

The track maintenance will still take place on the Saturday as planned with some touch up's on the Sunday morning.

It would be much appreciated if we could have some ppls there early to help setup.
Thankyou Jarrod....

Cheers,

Last edited by Grandpa; 08-28-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:59 AM
Tech Adept

Oh yeah, now we're talking, I can do a half day of racing!

Ill be there with bells on (whatever the f that means!)

See ya Saturday for track prep.

Last edited by Bill8Truggy; 08-29-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nafhan
Does anyone know if whyalla have lights for where the pit tables are going to be ? I'm sure they thought about the 3.5-4 hours people will be pitting in the dark for. ?
Last time the whole area was pretty well lit up like AAMI Stadium, but there were a lot of shadows in the pit area, so a head lamp, or battery operated camping lantern is a good investment.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pagie you got pm I got a lipo If you need it
Old 08-29-2013, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know if whyalla have lights for where the pit tables are going to be ? I'm sure they thought about the 3.5-4 hours people will be pitting in the dark for. ?[/QUOTE]

Nathan we have flood lights in the pits but is it enough to do all the fine work on your car is another question, there will be a generator running in the pits so that we don't draw to much from that one power point. It would pay to bring a 10 amp cord 10ish meters long to cover the area and light just in case you don't have enough light for where your pit table is.
Every other time we have done a night meet we have used the portable generated flood light you can hire from Coates this time we have our own light towers installed so I hope it's good enough I'll find out tomorrow night if I have to get anything else.
I hope this helps Nathan
Old 08-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks magnuts and Paul

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.