Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club >

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Old 06-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MrLosi88
When's will we know if racing is on or not??? Car still in bits from the tri series and don't want to build it to pull it apart again and do the maintance it needs for whyalla tri series.
Normally i would post on Saturday around 5 - 5:30 pm. As i will be at the track from Saturday morning to repair the damage to the straight caused by rain erosion, and place some carpet at the start of the straight instead of the steel sheets that are currently there. I will post early before midday.
Rain is forecast for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday so depending on how much rain the track gets and condition it is on Saturday morning will determine whether racing goes ahead.

Last edited by Grandpa; 06-11-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

In my opinion i would steer clear of hosing down your car with water unless you really need too and if it's an absolute must ie. caked in mud etc it will stuff your bearings, As troy has said simple green is your best bet liberally spray you car with engine and radio tray removed then use a compressor to blow it dry, May take two going overs with this process but you car will be much better off, you shouldn't need wd40 on your car unless your racing in wet weather if you clean it right it won't be needed if you need to lube your parts up use greases etc where it's needed as if you are building a fresh kit, also for cleaning your motor either use simple green or a degreaser block all openings carby and exhaust port spray it with your front bearing facing up so you don't get shit in the front bearing you do not want to spray any where near the front bearing and spray it off with a compressor again steering clear of your front bearing with the air also carby too. Another tip once in a while remove your flywheel to remove the built up dirt that builds up behind your flywheel use a light brush being careful not to brush dirt into your bearing seal.

that's my good deed rant for the day
cheers Muhammad
Old 06-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

where do you get smile green from
Old 06-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

sorry simple green
Old 06-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bunnings or any other good hardware store.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:16 AM
Tech Adept

A stiff mix of dishwashing detergent and water in a spray bottle works a treat too!

I'll normally spray a little $2.00 'Export' brand water dispersant before putting it away - doesn't hurt.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

My gear has been locked in the shed since the Port Lincoln event earlier this year, now my backyard is done, might do some racing, anyone got a good way to get rid of cobwebs???
Old 06-12-2013, 04:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks guys
Old 06-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by magnuts
My gear has been locked in the shed since the Port Lincoln event earlier this year, now my backyard is done, might do some racing, anyone got a good way to get rid of cobwebs???
Yeah spider-webs are tricky . . . . when I let spiders play with my car, I simply ask them to tidy up afterwards.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by magnuts
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...2-whyalla.html
Old 06-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bill8Truggy
Yeah spider-webs are tricky . . . . when I let spiders play with my car, I simply ask them to tidy up afterwards.
I reckon Andrew's trying a new hybrid buggy......plastic/organic.
Or...... there Nano tech spiders, programmed to do maintenance schedules.
Just hope he doesn't take the car out for a few laps, there'll be a hopeless spider community for it.....
Old 06-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thought long and hard about that one, and decided maybe not. But keen to do the enduro in August if it is still on.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grandpa
I reckon Andrew's trying a new hybrid buggy......plastic/organic.
Or...... there Nano tech spiders, programmed to do maintenance schedules.
Just hope he doesn't take the car out for a few laps, there'll be a hopeless spider community for it.....
LOL,

Should see them in the little blue overalls and the tiny rattle guns. With eight legs they clean the car very quickly, wax on, on, on, on, on, on, on, on, wax off, off, off, off, off, off, off, off.

Wondering is the spider going to be faster than me, wouldn't be too much of a challenge really. I Shall call him Sebastion. But he would have to be a German spider.

"Little Blue Dune Buggy" by the Presidents, have even got a song written about the spider in my buggy.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Weather permitting us to race I'll have at my table for sale,
Nova 21-4C engine $40
O.S. VZB engine $40
Werks 4-shoe clutch $15
or $80 as a lot.
I haven't run either of these engines so assume they need a rebuild, I'm happy for anyone interested to have a close look at them first. The clutch comes with an assortment of springs and some near new shoes.

Regards,
Michael.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
Weather permitting us to race I'll have at my table for sale,
Nova 21-4C engine $40
O.S. VZB engine $40
Werks 4-shoe clutch $15
or $80 as a lot.
I haven't run either of these engines so assume they need a rebuild, I'm happy for anyone interested to have a close look at them first. The clutch comes with an assortment of springs and some near new shoes.

Regards,
Michael.
If the engines are complete and turn over with compression then i'll take them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.