Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
WMCC, Whalan Model Car Club. >

WMCC, Whalan Model Car Club.

Like Tree9Likes

WMCC, Whalan Model Car Club.

Old 03-25-2018, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the PM. It'll come in handy closer to the date.
Hmm, I'm a little worried I might be required to buy an entirely new set up.
The only on-road chassis I have at the moment are:
TA02 (probably at my skill level, but I definitely don't want to damage it)
TA06 (not at that level yet)
TRF414 (Definitely not at that level yet)
I really don't want to be breaking anything. My only goal is to not be so slow & to not annoy everyone else/get in the way. And at all costs - not crash.
The only 2.4GHz I have is a generic Tamiya entry level type and 8 channel stick. Both of which are rubbish. Is it not possible to use my analogue radio?
I probably don't have anything that's roar approved... Does this mean I'm going to need to buy pretty much everything again, from batteries, esc, motor, radio, chassis, tyres, body etc etc? Maybe the only thing left would be my charger?
I have no intention to be competitive - just have fun. Maybe I'll just stick to practice days?
Cheers.

Last edited by ModeratedUser30082018; 03-26-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Koro Koro there are no requirements to come down and have some fun, if your only goal for now is to enjoy , not be too slow and not get in the way then set up your ta02 with the 27 t silver can run your older radio gear and just run for fun, avoiding crashes is hard when your learning but if your not going to fast it is achievable , your radio won't clash with anyone else's because everyone else is running 2.4 ghz so if your comfortable with it then use it, practice is the best way to learn and when you feel you want to go faster you will be able to buy a used racing kit for not too much coin and work your way up from there, also don't worry about getting in the way, when you see someone coming up just move over and let them pass. the guys are all friendly at the track especially addicted 1 he is more then happy to help with tips and setup and he knows his stuff ( he is current stock class national champion ). my advice is to come down any time and have some fun, you don't have to be the fastest guy out there to have fun, I am not and probably never will be. but that doesn't mean i wont stop trying with my outdated kits and limited driving skills.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Racing

When is the next club meeting?
Old 05-19-2018, 01:28 PM
Tech Rookie

When are the club race days held and what classes do you currently race?
Old 11-02-2018, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default Racing Day

Hey all, we are having a practice day tomorrow (4/11) feel free to bring your racing gear and have a run!