Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

KNOX Offroad Vic

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 06:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi All,

Can somebody please explain to me about the 17.5 control motor? Is this what is used for all events at Knox or is it just the larger AARCMCC sanctioned events. During the club days can any 17.5 motor be used.
I got hold of a Fleta ZX 17.5T Brushless motor Type-W Fixed Timing Version Part Number: M-AARCMCC175WF and compared to my trinity monster it isnt very fast. Admittedly I haven't played around with the gearing much yet. I'm just wondering if I should just run the control motors in my cars or if they wont be competitive at club events.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

You are not required to run the control motor except at aarcmcc sanctioned events. Most people do not run it on club days.
DanOK likes this.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

So I have been planning this for a while.... and now the time is right

Massive thanks to Ren at RAB hobbies - getting a full new setup; choosing Techno 4WD stock class
Also my young bloke is 8 years old now and keen to get in to it - he will be getting a Techno 4WD for rookie as well

Can't wait to catch up with everyone again
Old 10-02-2018, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Race this Sunday!

Built my Tekno 4WD, wify has B5M and the young gun has his RB6 rocking along for junior 2WD.

Come join in the fun!!
Old 10-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How many cars are you getting for stock 2WD and stock 4WD these days??

I've got 2 virtually brand new cars I haven't used for almost 12 months just sitting in the garage. Thinking of dusting them off but to be honest I can't determine if its worth it. Following this forum and the club facebook page both have been like a ghost town the last couple of years.

My son is now 7 and racing karts. He's always been keen on rc and drives my cars. I was thinking of giving him a run in the 2WD while I use the 4WD. Are there any juniors at Knox or are they mostly racing at Keilor??
Old 10-08-2018, 10:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Jouster
How many cars are you getting for stock 2WD and stock 4WD these days??
I've got 2 virtually brand new cars I haven't used for almost 12 months just sitting in the garage. Thinking of dusting them off but to be honest I can't determine if its worth it. Following this forum and the club facebook page both have been like a ghost town the last couple of years.
My son is now 7 and racing karts. He's always been keen on rc and drives my cars. I was thinking of giving him a run in the 2WD while I use the 4WD. Are there any juniors at Knox or are they mostly racing at Keilor??
Hi Jouster,

Well I enjoyed the club day and there was 7 drivers in 4WD stock,. our young bloke and 4 others were in junior \ rookie... had a great time.

Numbers are getting up there with the VICs - come on down!

Last edited by RaZz0R; 10-21-2018 at 02:15 AM.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:28 AM
Tech Adept

Well that's not exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Hopefully things will sort themselves out. Somehow they need to attract a huge number of new people so they can rejuvinate things with fresh interest. That's gonna take a huge change of thinking from the current members though. In my opinion hey need to rip the covers off the track so everyone can use it at any time and welcome all the hackers that turn up mid-week with their kids. Obviously nobody will get premium conditions to race on...but hey...at least there will be more people introduced to the sport. It is off-road...the surface isn't supposed to be perfect.

Yet again I've said more than I should. I don't think I'm even a member now. No idea when membership was due. I've never received a notice for renewal.

Fingers crossed it builds up again. I'd really like to race my car...although I'm sure I'd be worse than ever after so long off the transmitter.

Last edited by Jouster; 10-10-2018 at 04:23 PM. Reason: change of opinion
Old 10-09-2018, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sad to hear this too. I haven’t raced in a year and was looking to come back. Might hold off now and give onroad a try.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Try Keilor. A family-orientated club that has a thriving junior class.

And you will be welcomed , I'm sure.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

What a lot of carry on. Some people on the commitee dont get along so they have stood down and will be electing a new commitee. Not the end of the world really. I have never felt unwelcome or encountered any hostility at the club. All this negative discussion is counter productive and hurts the hobby generally.
B.D.R likes this.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lookieaefanboi
What a lot of carry on. Some people on the commitee dont get along so they have stood down and will be electing a new commitee. Not the end of the world really. I have never felt unwelcome or encountered any hostility at the club. All this negative discussion is counter productive and hurts the hobby generally.
Agreed. My previous post is not gonna help in any way. Still my opinion...but in reflection it's part of the problem and I'd prefer to be part of the solution. Will delete now and give some thought to pulling my cars out again once the committee situation is resolved.

I truely do hope to see driver numbers return to those of 2015-2017.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

Originally Posted by lookieaefanboi
Agree
@Jouster; bring a car down and you will find the racers are all awesome! Help from everyone. Very much like the days of old.

Last edited by RaZz0R; 10-21-2018 at 02:21 AM.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

every single person there has been great and offered help.
Which makes it all awesome

Last edited by RaZz0R; 10-21-2018 at 02:21 AM.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by kiwiazbro
Sad to hear this too. I haven’t raced in a year and was looking to come back. Might hold off now and give onroad a try.
Originally Posted by Jouster
Well that's not exactly what I was hoping to hear.
Please accept my apologies for my last few posts - I read the situation very wrong.

Over the last month .. maybe 2? I have been to each meet. The people are all awesome and the assistance my partner has gotten with her new car has seriously floored me, not to mention the help I got as well.
Today I had a cracker day and awesome racing with everyone. 4WD 13.5t stock and 2WD 21.5t. Smiles all round, laughs - the good times I remember and want our Son to have as well.

To top it off we had a BBQ going today and all sorts of goodies to buy. (Huge thanks to all that ran that as well!!)

Please do come on down and say "Hi" and see for ya self
Old 10-22-2018, 05:00 PM
Tech Rookie

hi guys, I am going to hopefully be at the next clubby. I am a Keilor member (I'll join Knox shortly to support). What are your juniors like? I've got an 8 year old that is keen to race just need to get some time into practicing for him. Is the track available for practice outside of club days?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.