Like Tree13Likes

KNOX Offroad Vic

Old 06-21-2006, 05:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by richard 1000
I agree with it all dude keep up the good work, ah is anyone in for a new track in northern subs.
hi richard
we are building up our track at the moment,so come down and check it out....we could be a bit busy.......what do you run?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Richard is not a newbie..He used to run at Knox a couple years ago in 540...
Old 06-22-2006, 03:41 AM
BG
Tech Addict

richard1000 have a word to kimbalion7 for starting up a new track facility. He is in the middle of getting one up and running.

Cheers

BG
Old 06-22-2006, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

who needs a new track when the furher, BG and Timmey have made the track of all tracks!!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Melbourne desperatly needs a track in the West.
One that can accommodate Nitro.

One Offroad track in Melbourne? Are we serious? What ever happened to Keilor?
It does'nt take two years to build a drivers stand.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

unfortunately the keilor park council has a 5 year plan to change every thing around! over past the footy fields are a few soccer fields and a part of the plan is to rearange them, which means that the footy fields have to be moved to basically where the off and on road tracks are. They want to move both tracks to 1 facility further into the sporting complex which puts us up near the basketball center.

One of the problems that we face is that the council wont let us put any perminate structure there, and when we finally get the materials and the man resources they speak of moving us with this 5 year plan.

When this does happen, and it sounds like it will be soon, it basically means that they have to get rid of both the on and off road tracks first, so that the footy fields can move over. The time from when they kick us out till we get some fresh land to mould into a track is uncertain but i think we will have a little while before there will be off road racing at keilor park again.

but when this does happen i hear it will leave us with a facility fenced off so that we dont have to worry about people with bikes and big gas cars wrecking the track, so it looks like we will have to play the waiting game which is really unfortunate, but i think in the end we will have a better racing facility than we've ever had.

I know its hard but pacients is key. Its been 2 years, but things are moving and we have a representative going to council meetings to make sure the we dont get shafted. Racing will return to Keilor and when it does Off road in VIC will be bigger and better than ever
Old 06-22-2006, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Here lies the problem.

Gas cars are popular. I'll go out on a limb and say more popular than EP Offroad.
Sure the Guys who buy the 'big gas cars' are'nt full on racers, they still want a place to go and have a bash, or organised club race.

Wodonga has included Gas cars, it works, Look at Bendigo, 42 entries last Sunday.
Shep is going well with Gas as well.

Like it or not we need to incorporate different disciplines. Strenghth in numbers.

Why not have alternate weekends? Weekend 1: Nitro, Weekend 2: EP............
Old 06-22-2006, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Kelior would be the only local track that the Gas guys are bashing at, Now that Dandy Offroad is closed, There's needs a GP track on this side of town again.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

When building or changing tracks have a car there to test the changes that you are making as it is easier to change before the ground or dirt consolidates and secondly think about marshalling of the new changes.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

And thirdly, please consider 540's smashing into the 2nd jump of a set of doubles.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

When was the last time a 540 was on the track?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:13 AM
BG
Tech Addict

I would have to agree with Neil on this and the direction he is heading. Knox doesnt see any 540 drivers on club days. Only at sanctioned or trophy meetings. We need to consider if this class is really viable anymore.
I vote for the entry level class being the 27' stock class. Lets move on
Old 06-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Tech Regular

Think about the newcomers, if theres any, They would want to start there way up from 540 then eventually move to stock and so on.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can't open the entry form for this years Vics atm, but I would expect 2wd 540 to be included. It was certainly raced at Wodonga at the interclub shield recently, and half the stock field and most of the 540 field were upside down at that stupid double jump, every single race. Must have been 100 crashes there; a tabletop would have been better, and CAUSED no crashes. The mod guys cleared this jump by 3 feet, so it may as well have not even been there for them.
For Knox, what I'm saying is, don't just run an 8 single 4wd over the track to test it, run all powered cars to test it.
History shows that the Keorca track needed one particular double to be filled in to become a tabletop, because it just ruined 540 2wd racing there.
You guys are doing great work, and no-one is picking on you. Just please consider everyone if you want offroad to keep growing.
Cause if it aint fun, they wont come!
Old 06-23-2006, 01:15 AM
BG
Tech Addict

Hello Low Voltage.

You need Acrobat viewer to see the entry form. 540 has been included for the Vics

Cheers

BillyG

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.