Central Coast/Newcastle Drift Club >

Central Coast/Newcastle Drift Club

Central Coast/Newcastle Drift Club

Old 02-14-2015, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Central Coast/Newcastle Drift Club

Hello Drifters

I am looking to form a drift club on the Central Coast/Newcastle. I don't want to just laying out some carpet, and a million guys have a bash. What I am wanting to do is get something going where we can get a venue say on a Saturday/Sunday and setup a quality drift track and get into some awesome drifting.

What I am finding being on the Central Coast is that I need to spend 2 hours travelling down to Sydney, with that and the travelling expense, on top of an entry fee it can be a $100 day for me. By getting something going locally I am hoping that I can attract enough interest to then go out and start to look to get it rolling.

It would be awesome if I could get some feedback on the idea and see how many people would be interested in supporting this on the Central Coast. I have already spoken to a local hobby shop, who have shown an initial interest in the idea and would like to see this up and running.

So I would like it if any interested people offer up any feedback good or bad is all welcome.

Cheers David
Old 02-15-2015, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CCDrift
Hello Drifters

I am looking to form a drift club on the Central Coast/Newcastle. I don't want to just laying out some carpet, and a million guys have a bash. What I am wanting to do is get something going where we can get a venue say on a Saturday/Sunday and setup a quality drift track and get into some awesome drifting.

What I am finding being on the Central Coast is that I need to spend 2 hours travelling down to Sydney, with that and the travelling expense, on top of an entry fee it can be a $100 day for me. By getting something going locally I am hoping that I can attract enough interest to then go out and start to look to get it rolling.

It would be awesome if I could get some feedback on the idea and see how many people would be interested in supporting this on the Central Coast. I have already spoken to a local hobby shop, who have shown an initial interest in the idea and would like to see this up and running.

So I would like it if any interested people offer up any feedback good or bad is all welcome.

Cheers David
Dave, MORCC had recent discussions with Taylor from Rampt indoor skate park at Morrisett on the freeway 30min from newcastle and 30 minutes from the central coast. They are looking to open one of australias largest indoor BMX and skate park to RC, They have a large enough space for your drifting and they even hinted at a painting down a circuit to attract people with RC. They will even take group bookings over 15 people for launching your 8 scale cars skywood. \

You can get in contact with them on FB or call them direct. Impressive indoor centre the building is 50m x 50m with ramps and jumps. There just wasn't enough floor space for an indoor offroad circuit because of the jumps. But more than ample space for a drift circuit in and around the jumps.

You can't go wrong.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello Drifters

Cheers David
There's a group that drifts on carpet at Cameron Park. I don't know much about them, but there is some info here: http://www.morcc.com.au/smf/index.php?topic=5359.0
Old 02-17-2015, 11:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rusty Old Fart
Dave, MORCC had recent discussions with Taylor from Rampt indoor skate park at Morrisett on the freeway 30min from newcastle and 30 minutes from the central coast. They are looking to open one of australias largest indoor BMX and skate park to RC, They have a large enough space for your drifting and they even hinted at a painting down a circuit to attract people with RC. They will even take group bookings over 15 people for launching your 8 scale cars skywood. \

You can get in contact with them on FB or call them direct. Impressive indoor centre the building is 50m x 50m with ramps and jumps. There just wasn't enough floor space for an indoor offroad circuit because of the jumps. But more than ample space for a drift circuit in and around the jumps.

You can't go wrong.
Hi Rusty

Thankyou for the information in regards to the skate park. In Queensland they used to run the drift comps in an indoor skate park before they got alot more organised and setup, now they have devoted drift complexes and shops to drift till you drop.

Did anything come about from your clubs enquires, as I am more than happy to align what I am thinking of with someone who is also thinking the same way. The more people that can get behind something , the better off it is.

Kind Regards
David
Old 02-17-2015, 11:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Radio Active
There's a group that drifts on carpet at Cameron Park. I don't know much about them, but there is some info here: http://www.morcc.com.au/smf/index.php?topic=5359.0
Hi Radio Active

Yeah I had a look at what the guys are doing, and it looks like a good start. What surprised me was the number of guys that turned up and the amount of guys running some nice looking cars and trucks, one guy even dragging his touring car race body out for a drift.

Everyone who is into rc cars or trucks, once they have a drift most are looking to do it again, it is so much fun and a huge laugh. The kids even love it and in some cases are even better at it due to the time spent on gaming consoles.

It would be awesome to hear from some of the guys that organised that meeting to talk about what they thinking they would like to do with this going forward, it sure looks like the numbers are there to get something rolling, and it can only be expanded upon.

Larger area would be awesome for you guys but for now great to see someone getting something going. When is the next meeting and where as I will make sure I get there and support it.

Cheers David
Old 02-18-2015, 05:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Radio Active

Yeah I had a look at what the guys are doing, and it looks like a good start. What surprised me was the number of guys that turned up and the amount of guys running some nice looking cars and trucks, one guy even dragging his touring car race body out for a drift.

Everyone who is into rc cars or trucks, once they have a drift most are looking to do it again, it is so much fun and a huge laugh. The kids even love it and in some cases are even better at it due to the time spent on gaming consoles.

It would be awesome to hear from some of the guys that organised that meeting to talk about what they thinking they would like to do with this going forward, it sure looks like the numbers are there to get something rolling, and it can only be expanded upon.

Larger area would be awesome for you guys but for now great to see someone getting something going. When is the next meeting and where as I will make sure I get there and support it.

Cheers David
It doesn't surprise me too much the number of guys having a go out there. We used to average 45 entries a meet at Warners Bay indoor centre just a few years ago. The indoor centre changed the surface which made it poor for racing, and the club chose to move all the way out to Raymond Terrace rather than pursue a more upmarket option. The other racing club in the Newcastle area is at Williamtown which at that time was at Edgeworth, so there are no racing clubs in Newcastle proper, when there used to be two.

The demographic that used to be captured by the two racing clubs is now being snapped up by the drifting club, as there are plenty of people who feel Port Stephens is further than they'd rather go. To many RC is RC. It's something fun to do hanging out with their friends, doesn't matter if it's racing or drifting. It also helps that it's a pleasant indoor environment.

Last edited by Radio Active; 02-18-2015 at 09:33 PM.