Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Do stadium trucks still exist? >

Do stadium trucks still exist?

Do stadium trucks still exist?

Old 05-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Do stadium trucks still exist?

I know you can still buy them and that they're a listed class still but there's not much talk of them anymore and a lot of people are saying the class is dead etc. So I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to race them or just to get a buddy and do that.

I'm in Melbourne so there's Knox, AA and a few others where I can race them. I'm just wondering if it's worth my time or not.

-Jeremy
Old 05-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silberpfeil
I know you can still buy them and that they're a listed class still but there's not much talk of them anymore and a lot of people are saying the class is dead etc. So I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to race them or just to get a buddy and do that.

I'm in Melbourne so there's Knox, AA and a few others where I can race them. I'm just wondering if it's worth my time or not.

-Jeremy
Yes they still exist.. Who says they're dead?

There is a fairly good group of them that run at Knox consistently - I have 3 in my house alone.

I find them the most fun to run - alot more forgiving, jump control and speed.

Most of the ones I see around the tracks are either the T4's or the Kyosho RT5 (which I run) - So if you get one of those you'll be right for parts and advice at any track.

If you're thinking about it - Just get one.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ruck-dead.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/arizona-...s-dead-az.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-...m-truck-2.html

Etc. I was thinking that if it was dying out in the US or was dead there, there wouldn't be a point as it would be dead here too.

I use to love driving my DuraTrax evader with a 7.5 in it a few years ago. It drove great but well wasn't the strongest thing ever though I did get a 3rd with it at my first race meet at Knox in 2008 or so.

I'm actually thinking of running a rustler. I have a ton of slash parts and with the slash 2wd been closely based on it, a lot of parts got developed for it so I could make a decent race car out of it. Though I know it'd never be as good as a T4 or RT5 etc it'd at least be a fun project.

-Jeremy