Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome Back

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 05:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Welcome Back

It's been a while, but I'm back on an RC kick thanks to my 9 year old son's interest.

He's not a fan of my Nitro vehicles so I bought him an electric Stampede based Monster Jam truck which he's loving. And so I can play with him I've gone out and purchased a new E-Revo brushless to replace my Revo 3.3. Dang is it quick!

I'll be looking to sell off the old Nitro stuff soon since I'm more of a basher anyway and don't need lots of vehicles cluttering up the place. That or I look into doing electric conversions
Old 03-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Well done mate! Where are you located?
Old 03-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Rookie

There we go, updated my profile with some details I'm out Campbelltown way, used to race down at Albion Park back in '06/'07 until the children sort of took over my life. Raced at Liverpool once or twice but it was far more competitive and full on, also I'm really only a glorified basher so something a little more easy going it better for me.

Don't know that I will really get back into racing, but will likely hit up a track or two to play on as well as any quiet skate parks I happen to run across

I'm a Volkswagen nut (so will likely be looking for an appropriate shell for the E-Revo sometime soon (when the shock of the purchase price wears off). While I tell myself I'm not going to go nuts this time around and I'll keep it stock... well the same has been said about various cars (both RC and real) over the years and it's rarely true.

Time is currently split between a wife and three kids, work and a little VW forum I run over at VWWatercooled. Luckily RC cars seem to mesh well with at least one of the children (so far) so it looks like it should fit in nicely
Old 03-25-2014, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

If you and your son are interested in a social bash, have a look at this thread.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...ch-racing.html
I'm aiming to get a few guys together once a month. Campbelltown is a little drive, but your traxxas cars sound ideal ;-)
Old 03-25-2014, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The_Hawk
There we go, updated my profile with some details I'm out Campbelltown way, used to race down at Albion Park back in '06/'07 until the children sort of took over my life. Raced at Liverpool once or twice but it was far more competitive and full on, also I'm really only a glorified basher so something a little more easy going it better for me.

Don't know that I will really get back into racing, but will likely hit up a track or two to play on as well as any quiet skate parks I happen to run across

I'm a Volkswagen nut (so will likely be looking for an appropriate shell for the E-Revo sometime soon (when the shock of the purchase price wears off). While I tell myself I'm not going to go nuts this time around and I'll keep it stock... well the same has been said about various cars (both RC and real) over the years and it's rarely true.

Time is currently split between a wife and three kids, work and a little VW forum I run over at VWWatercooled. Luckily RC cars seem to mesh well with at least one of the children (so far) so it looks like it should fit in nicely
There are 2 off road tracks 1 at Liverpool the other at Castlehill both have web sites and are on RC Tech and there are some guys who race on Henry Lawson Drive Lansdowne Park area.

VW bodies are made will try and find who does them for you.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys. I'm still working on basic setup and getting my son across the concept of "take it easy", but plan on getting out to some tracks soon.

I'd love to get any info on VW bodies. I've seen a few beetles around, but I'd love to get my hands on something like an Amarok body or one of the 4WD's (Touareg or Tiguan). I'd also be very interested in a Golf body.