Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TURNIGY LiPo Nano Tech Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MM1
Ahh this is a battery thread not a motor thread.
You want a Chevy badge for your Holden?
Attached Thumbnails TURNIGY LiPo Nano Tech Batteries-hitler.jpg  
Old 12-06-2013, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Just pulled the trigger on the Turnigy 5600's, fingers crossed that they work out for me
Old 12-06-2013, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grumpy_Mark
I've just ordered a 4200 Nano stick pack, that I hope will fit in my Mini, I'm just waiting for it to arrive..

Mark.
Is this the one you've ordered: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...Lipo_Pack.html

Let us know how it goes (whether it fits to start with). I've ordered some nano techs for my TC, but I need one or two for my mini too.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Is this the one you've ordered:

Let us know how it goes (whether it fits to start with). I've ordered some nano techs for my TC, but I need one or two for my mini too.
Yes, that is the battery that I ordered for the Mini..

I will let you know if it fits or not.. I'll also put a post up on the Hobbyking site to let others know either way..

Mark..

PS..(I would have posted the link, but it seems that I am not allowed to yet, my post count is not high enough??)
Old 12-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by evochick
Ok I pick up my Turnigy from the post office this morning
The one I ordered was the 5600 50-100C

I ran a couple of cycles and these are the numbers

After 1000 Mah used

Voltage 7.960
Average volt 8.132

After 1200 Mah used

Voltage 7.890
Average volt 8.101

After 1500 Mah used

Voltage 7.819
Average volt 8.049

So a little off the Reedy 's but at half the price still very good numbers, they seem to hold their voltage very well considering the capacity. Resistance was good at 4.9

I will run the Reedy and the Turnigy back to back this Friday and Saturday and see if I can feel the drop off in 13.5
FWIW my very old GensAce 50c nearly TQ'd and set the fastest time at SMA on Tuesday in 21.5....

Beth.

How did you test this? Not meaning to be rude, but if you tested Lipos by charging and discharging to see at what voltage they sit at after you have taken 1000mah out of the pack isn't the way to test performance.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
Guys stop promoting the SMC packs, clearly all you guys race or are good mates with the importer.

I've gone back to back (Nosram 7200 vs Turnigy). No difference in lap times at all, no loss of punch through the 6 minute runs. Heck I chose to use the Turnigy packs over the Nosrams at the NSW Onroad State Titles, which I TQ'd and won. I also used a new Reedy pack in the last final, no difference at all over the 6 minutes.

I sold my Nosram packs and purchased a few other Turnigy packs. For the price they are great batteries.

Alex
Originally Posted by nexxus
I've given the SMC importer a few warnings about promoting his packs and he has been quite good about it, but I am not too impressed with all these mates and followers with the shameless plugs left right and centre. We know you guys love SMC, fine, nothing more needs to be said! I don't really want to be putting the 'mean mod' hat on and giving people nasty pm's.

Hi guys, I've only just stumbled across this thread and it's interesting, I must say that I am the importer of SMC and other brands and I can say that all the comments from people in this thread about SMC i do not know, I did start a thread to tell people about our stuff but as Nexxus has said I got a Stern talking to and it was shut down, I have also had a cpl of local racers plug my products thinking they were doing me a favor but actually got me another slap over the knuckles, the moderator has been helpful in this and I'm trying to start my own thread were we can talk about stuff freely but it seems a very slow process as I've only recieved 1 email over a 3 week period but I'm working on it.

I won't comment on our packs but I am happy that people are happy with them, I myself have had a lot of nanotechs and they have been awesome packs for the money, I did feel as though they did drop a little over time but most packs will, the only real problem with them that I noticed both with my packs and guys i raced with was in 4x4 shortcourse the bullet packs would get hot enough to melt the case around them, this happened with saddles (desc-410) and stick pack 4x4 SCT's, this wasn't the case on all batteries just the odd few,I do believe that most batteries failures comes down to operator error or poor charging practices, if you keep your packs stored correctly at 3.8 volts is best, they do not need to be stored in the fridge as it has no impact on them plus this takes us valuable fridge space that should be used for BEER. Also if you run packs that have enough mah set you LVC to higher then default, your packs will love you for it, also I believe that the better chargers do a better job of charging packs then some of the other chargers, I myself use a icharger 4010 duo and while it's expensive it's also very easy to use and gives real time IR readings to monitor packs and it slows the charge towards the end of the cycle so that your packs actually hold there charge better, just some of my thoughts and I hope no one bags me for my comments just my opinion, keep this thread going though as there are a lot of new and old racers out there on a budget and these types of threads will help people choose wisely and hopefully bolster our hobby in Australia, as someone already has said the more the merrier.

Cheers Justin
Old 12-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Black Dahlia
How did you test this? Not meaning to be rude, but if you tested Lipos by charging and discharging to see at what voltage they sit at after you have taken 1000mah out of the pack isn't the way to test performance.
10amp discharge, the figures were at the time, discharging was not stopped,
I cant export the discharge graph off the charger else i would post them up as well.

And yep your right its not race conditions, its a just a flat discarge rate, but gives a good figure on how a battery holds its voltage.

So after 2 days of racing with the Turnigy pack i am very impressed.

I set my fastest qual time at the stock shootout with the Turnigy over the Reedy, missed making the A by only a few seconds but it was very close and its where i expected to be, Same result with Castle hill on Friday night, my runs were very consistent (0.15 with worst 2 lasps dropped) and i didnt notice ay drop off.

I am sold..

Beth.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:14 PM
MM1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

10amp discharge, the figures were at the time, discharging was not stopped,
I cant export the discharge graph off the charger else i would post them up as well.

And yep your right its not race conditions, its a just a flat discarge rate, but gives a good figure on how a battery holds its voltage.

So after 2 days of racing with the Turnigy pack i am very impressed.

I set my fastest qual time at the stock shootout with the Turnigy over the Reedy, missed making the A by only a few seconds but it was very close and its where i expected to be, Same result with Castle hill on Friday night, my runs were very consistent (0.15 with worst 2 lasps dropped) and i didnt notice ay drop off.

I am sold..

Beth.
Hi Beth,

Was that with the Turnigy 5600 /100c?
Old 12-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MM1
Hi Beth,

Was that with the Turnigy 5600 /100c?
Yep sure was.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:30 PM
MM1
Tech Regular

Yep sure was.
Did you feel a burst of power using that battery?
Old 12-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MM1
Did you feel a burst of power using that battery?
Yep it was just as punchy as the Reedy,
But the trick with blinky racing is to be super smooth and keep your corner speed up,

After watching Simon/Craig/NR etc yesterday they didnt look fast but were keeping their corner speed up and linking up the corners so there was much less on and off the throttle..
Old 12-08-2013, 03:00 AM
MM1
Tech Regular

Yep it was just as punchy as the Reedy,
But the trick with blinky racing is to be super smooth and keep your corner speed up,

After watching Simon/Craig/NR etc yesterday they didnt look fast but were keeping their corner speed up and linking up the corners so there was much less on and off the throttle..
Thanks Beth. Good to know
Old 12-09-2013, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

one issue ive found with turnigy pack or nano tech packs for that matter is they puff after a while and they dont like the heat.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

make sure you register the batteries immediately after you receive them for the warranty.
from their website "If you have received a battery with one of the new warranty stickers, you must enter the code in the box below within 24hrs of delivery to validate your warranty."
Old 12-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by I)arkness
one issue ive found with turnigy pack or nano tech packs for that matter is they puff after a while and they dont like the heat.
Thats funny, I found exactly the same thing with my IP LiPo's that cost more than twice as much..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.