R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   Bradd Vercoe quits as AARCMCC EP section head (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/771450-bradd-vercoe-quits-aarcmcc-ep-section-head.html)

Radio Active 11-13-2013 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by bigtez (Post 12723478)
Perhaps somebody who was present at the LS nats could fill us in on the details of the AGMs held there. I believe 2 positions were voted on?

The election of more than one person is optional under the present constitution, and exactly how many you elect, whether it is 1, 2, or 3 is presumably up to the individual section (under rule 5.1(b) I quoted earlier).

It is my belief that EP ONR needs 3 people at the moment, especially as it administers 2 different scales of racing, that in some other bodies around the world are dealt with by different sections. I digress.

18.1 Each Section;
(a) will elect at least one, to a maximum 3, associate member(s) from affiliated members at their respective sections' annual general meeting under clause 19, to represent and manage the affairs of the respective section
(b) may appoint or elect State delegates at the direction of the officers of each section. These delegates will only participate within the section they are appointed.

18.2 The Section officers may be elected as follows, dependant on the needs of the individual section;
(a) section head
(b) up to two representatives, including section secretary

Test Driver 11-13-2013 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by bigtez (Post 12723478)
Perhaps somebody who was present at the LS nats could fill us in on the details of the AGMs held there. I believe 2 positions were voted on?

Yes they voted on Largescale President and Secretary as they always do at the LS Nationals.

graham1234 11-13-2013 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by NR (Post 12723496)
LOL every time AARCMCC feel threatened they use legal action as a scare tactic, I find it rather amusing lol. Or in my case, I was told I couldn't race Aarcmcc events, when I questioned the transponder debacle.

So let me get this straight? Because you went to the ATO audit office, to "check" the credentials of AARCMCC you were threatened with legal action from Aarcmcc? So in retrospect they have something to hide?

Nathan

Hello Nathan
No, I told them unless I received the relevant financial information I would use whatever means necessary to acquire It, without being specific. Micheal Turner told me in the letter on Monday if after signing away the clubs rights, if I took financials to any third party they would take steps to legally restrain us and then would pursue us for damages, basically stated. However at the time I had no financials. I contacted the ATO after the letter of demand, I asked for an immediate response and got it around a couple of weeks later from AARCMCC.

I acted before signing anything about a week ago. I have also been threatened more then once with legal action directly and indirectly through others by them. To be fair I have given as much as I have got.
I am sure AARCMCC will weather a tax audit with no problems, they also have Audit Insurance to cover the cost of Accountants fees.
AARCMCC however lack a Not for Profit Status, this could be problematic.

What was the transponder debacle?

Regards Graham

Coxy 11-14-2013 01:42 PM

Such a shame to have it come to this, but glad he has done all the work to keep it together. Good work Bradd.

Coxy.

Gav- 11-14-2013 02:30 PM

Thank you Bradd for all the Orange.

Vince.D 11-14-2013 03:29 PM

I'd like to thank Bradd for all the work he has done while at AARCMCC.

Regards,
Vince.

A Ilievski 11-14-2013 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Vince.D (Post 12725671)
Can everyone see why I was pissed off about this whole AARCMCC thing a while back on the AARCMCC thread. It's just pathetic the way Mr Davis and his little bitches handled the lead up to the Nats. Adelaide now has enough entries to run a small club meet!
Davis and his men blocked Bradd Vercoe from having anymore to do with the nats because he was against what Davis was planning...

After the shit hit the fan and the entry list to the nats became disgraceful Mr Turner blames Bradd Vercoe for not fixing the problem...

Ps, if I have offended any of the AARCMCC committee by calling you bitches, then take off your blouse and pull your head out of Mr Davis' ass!

Regards,
Sto Kuts .

Sto Kuts for PM!! :nod:

Besercoe 11-14-2013 07:05 PM

Hi All

I apreciate the support guys, but be careful about the sledging.

I hope that some discussion of the issues can lead to improvements for the future. AARCMCC as of itself as a governing structure is not at fault, merely the operation of the structure.

I would hope that the next person to take on the role gets the required autonomy to act as required.

My only hope in the current scenario is that Michael Turner acts in the best interests of AARCMCC and reigns in Brad Davis instead of spectating him run gunshot. So in your court Michael.

Vince.D 11-14-2013 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Vince.D (Post 12725671)

Regards,
Vince.

Next time edit sto cutz!

trevor waye 11-15-2013 01:07 AM

what a sad state of affairs. i hope this sqabbling gets sorted out soon. can we look after us. the racers.

matrix101 11-15-2013 01:29 AM

I think that's the whole idea, a representative of the racers to put forward suggestions for change and move the sport forward as a whole. By the sounds of things, the opposite of what's been occurring in recent times.

mangoman 11-15-2013 08:35 AM

Although i'm not involved in racing much these days, it makes me sad to have just read this and Bradd's resignation from the committee is a great loss to the RC community (especially from the electrics side).

Thank you Bradd for your service!

Chickentrader 11-16-2013 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by empty (Post 12722765)
Interesting the short memories that people have. Funny that everyone seems to forget that Bradd Vercoe came into the position on the request of Brad Davis.

Were are you going with this Michael? Are you saying that Berco owes Brad for that; and should show complete loyalty to him, at the expense of the sport? Berco may also have (perhaps bigger) reasons to be loyal to both those that are accusing Brad of “shonky deal”s at the other forum, and to our sport.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Radio Active 11-17-2013 02:27 AM

I make the following statements without taking sides at all.

I've seen some posts in recent months where people have said they aren't happy with Brad Davis. A couple of those have come from people in IC ONR clubs and with some experience in RC administration. Yet, no one thought it worthwhile to nominate to run against Brad at the AGM held last month. I find that astounding.

There were two nominations for the vacant EP OFR Secretary position at Easter, and two for President. We had votes for both positions. Just saying.

RogerDaShrubber 11-17-2013 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Radio Active (Post 12731695)
I make the following statements without taking sides at all.

I've seen some posts in recent months where people have said they aren't happy with Brad Davis. A couple of those have come from people in IC ONR clubs and with some experience in RC administration. Yet, no one thought it worthwhile to nominate to run against Brad at the AGM held last month. I find that astounding.

There were two nominations for the vacant EP OFR Secretary position at Easter, and two for President. We had votes for both positions. Just saying.

+1

I have been doing my best to no post on this thread, but finally someone has said something that I have been wanting to say a number of times.

"If you do not like how things are run, Man up and nominate for the job"

It is all really that simple, NOMINATE, get on here and tell us all why you would make such an excellent rep, get proxy votes from clubs not attending and go for the win.

SIMPLES.