Wiki Posts
Search

Brush Farm

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 01:55 AM
AC
Tech Regular

Default Brush Farm

Brush farm racers, whats a good foam tire compound (front and rear) for racing there, as i have been racing with rubbers, and it feels like my car is running on ice.
And hows it been there? i havnt been in a while, due to school work. Is it C O L D???
Old 08-25-2002, 03:36 AM
Tech Adept

Seeing as no one has replied...
I'll help you.

Theres nothing wrong with running rubber out at the farm. I ran rubber last Friday. They were just as fast as my foam set up. 22 laps with rubber! Just to prove it can be done. If you wanna continue running rubber, pick up a set of Sorex 24R with B-Firm inserts. That is perfect for this time of year at night. 28Rs would also work but you would need probably A-Med inserts. Dont go putting any other brand inserts in, it will mess up the set-up. Stick with my suggestions. You can pick up the tyres, inserts and rims too at super prices at Southern Cross Hobbies. The numbers in Racing Lines.

As for your Foam inquiry. This time of year and at night. 30R or 35R for the rear. 35F to 40F on the front, depending on your driving style. The main thing to remember is F's are for the front ONLY!!! R's you can run either rear or front depending on the amount of grip required. Ask the shop dude, if he doesnt know... leave and find someone who knows.

Hope that helps.
Good luck.
Old 08-25-2002, 04:44 AM
AC
Tech Regular

Thanx dude..... I'm running Take-Off CS27's, with matched inserts. Ill see how they go.
Rob seemed like he was going alright with them..... and he was in mod!!
Old 08-26-2002, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

While its still C O L D you might want to try Takeoff CS22's with the matched inserts.

With foams although most have the shure ratings on the pack if you are working in colour codes it equates to either purples up front and pinks on the rear or reds up front and purple on rear. Definitely take note of what tabmow69 says with regards to front and rear compounds, though funny it might sound.

Last edited by vr01; 08-26-2002 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-26-2002, 08:40 PM
Tech Rookie

if u want rubbers wich are fine to use ( i have )
i suggest sorex 22-28 depending on the temperature of the night
as for foams im not really sure as to what compound but i ran ellegi 40s last week and they were fine after about 1 or 2 laps thanx to the help of some tyre warmers ( heheheh)
talk l8er
rob
Old 08-27-2002, 03:44 AM
AC
Tech Regular

About how much are the team sorex's?
Old 08-28-2002, 02:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Depends where you buy from.
Anywhere from $25-$35. The odd number's (if you can find) in Sorex seem to have more grip and last longer than the even's. I had a set of 23's that seem to grip like my 20's but lasted like my 32's. I guess the difference is between the Japanese and American version's, (Japs being the odd numbers).

Rubbers seem to be the go for stock up there. Take Off 22's worked well. I hear they are only $20pr in Melbourne.

Mod not bad but foams still rule this class. Coxy ran the new Orion 27's ther a month or so ago. They worked quite well.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:10 AM
AC
Tech Regular

Thanks for the advice! Illl attempt to find some sorex's around, or take off 22's in sydney somewhere, for a decent price. Radiomodels.com.au are selling the 27's for around $25 at the moment, but i already have a set of those. Damn, wish they sold the others!!
Old 08-28-2002, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

southern corss hobbies have a wing of sorex tyres in (afterall they import the brand) ph: 9791 3129

all the sorex tyres ive had are made in japan - including the even numbers
Old 08-28-2002, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AC
Thanks for the advice! Illl attempt to find some sorex's around, or take off 22's in sydney somewhere, for a decent price. Radiomodels.com.au are selling the 27's for around $25 at the moment, but i already have a set of those. Damn, wish they sold the others!!
Just a word of warning. It going to get warmer real soon so I think 22's might be a bit soft if your going to go out and spend a heap of money on new ones. I would tend to just keep on going for now and use up what you got. It's up to you but just keep that in mind.

Coxy
Old 08-28-2002, 06:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Sorex tires at $22.15 a pair at SCH 28's and 32's in stock.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

tamiya type A's also work well with tamiya blue or black inserts
Old 08-29-2002, 02:26 AM
AC
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Coxy

Just a word of warning. It going to get warmer real soon so I think 22's might be a bit soft if your going to go out and spend a heap of money on new ones. I would tend to just keep on going for now and use up what you got. It's up to you but just keep that in mind.

Coxy
Yeah i think you are right, anyway, i wont be racing till it gets a little bit warmer... too cold for me. hehe
Old 08-31-2002, 02:53 AM
Tech Regular

yepz - its gettin warmer - so everyone wll come out of thier holes "to play"
Old 08-31-2002, 02:59 AM
Tech Champion

the weather was fine last night, no jacket required! (or was it just me?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.