Kyosho V1S vs GV BV1?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Kyosho V1S vs GV BV1?

Hi Guys...

Serious question time, no bashing by any means

I have been in an out of r/c car racing for a few years now. In the past i have owned a few orginal V1S's a V1R, NTC3 an many more... My question is, when you compare the GV BV1 to a V1S S2, the GV comes with tie rods, alloy threaded shocks & an awsome OS engine. The kyosho leaves the tie rods out as an option, give you crappy shocks and they throw in an average motor to get you started out...

Looking at it, the BV1 is great value for money. So why then do people dish it and when it comes time to go racing are the pullstart numbers mainly V1S's?

I look forward to hearing from you shortly...

H-O

Last edited by hooked_on; 06-10-2005 at 04:16 AM.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:31 AM
Tech Addict

not sure if the OS engine is classified as stock class. if so, i rather put it on the v one s.. that will be much better...

I guess it is the handling... GV... option parts doesn;t make it do better cornering.. and alloy shocks doesn't mean a thing...

If the OS CV engine is allow in stock class. sure it is better than the GS15R..

But i recon the v one has a better design even it is plastic...
Old 06-10-2005, 02:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Franky
not sure if the OS engine is classified as stock class. if so, i rather put it on the v one s.. that will be much better...

I guess it is the handling... GV... option parts doesn;t make it do better cornering.. and alloy shocks doesn't mean a thing...

If the OS CV engine is allow in stock class. sure it is better than the GS15R..

But i recon the v one has a better design even it is plastic...
Most clubs i know of are changing there rules for the stock class (Gas Tourers / Pullstart) to cater for the .15 engines... IMHO alloy shocks make it easier to make ride height adjustments than using stupid plastic clips, but everyone to there own i guess.

H-O
Old 06-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Tech Addict

Default SHOCKS?

Hey,

V1S for sure GV is shit compared to what u can do to a Kyosho even though Kyosho is Plastic i can GARENTEE Yyou its stronger than the GV. And with the Shocks Issue the Metal shocks are S%@t the bnd or even have a lil default there goes tweak, prfeably id rather a broken shock then chasing Tweak problems cause of a metal shock. But the OS is all so not very good a 15 is better than a 12 we all knoe that but it depends on how u gear it u can gear a Kyosho but not a GV. And when the GV stripps a gear once then thats the end of your gear box!!

Hope this helps, Davo
Old 06-11-2005, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Davo
Hey,

V1S for sure GV is shit compared to what u can do to a Kyosho even though Kyosho is Plastic i can GARENTEE Yyou its stronger than the GV. And with the Shocks Issue the Metal shocks are S%@t the bnd or even have a lil default there goes tweak, prfeably id rather a broken shock then chasing Tweak problems cause of a metal shock. But the OS is all so not very good a 15 is better than a 12 we all knoe that but it depends on how u gear it u can gear a Kyosho but not a GV. And when the GV stripps a gear once then thats the end of your gear box!!

Hope this helps, Davo
I did have a closer look at the BV1 today an the Shocks are not all that crash hot on the car... But a simple upgrade
Old 06-11-2005, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

Default If your goin to Upgrade those Shocks??

If your goin to Upgrade those Shocks the just upgrde the V1S shocks and you got a very well manageable STOCK CAR!!
Old 06-11-2005, 02:24 AM
Tech Addict

Talking

somebody just never listen ...
Old 06-11-2005, 03:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default GO THE Vone S

GO THE VONES. especially the new S3 which you can buy o/s for as cheap as a GV, sure the kyoshos dont come with radio and the S,series come with spacer shocks. i had the S2 and it was a fantastic car. infact it was my first RC car. They drive well they handle well and go hard for somethng outa the box. if u wna be really compeptive in pullstart you can always buy yourself a novarossi CTX12 Pullstart motor and get the 2 speed and all you need from there is some shocks of the V one RR series and SWEET ASS bro

thats my 2c
Old 06-12-2005, 04:57 AM
Tech Addict

Default who?

Originally Posted by Franky
somebody just never listen ...
Who me or him??
Old 06-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Davo
Who me or him??
I think it was directed at me
Old 06-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default NTC3+ RTR

The NTC3+ RTR is a much better option than both the V one S and GV. Much easier to work on, come with a 2 speed, very adjustable and tough! I know most LHS dont carry associated parts but RC hobbies in Petersham does. They have a great website and are very fast and reliable!
www.rchobbies.com.au
Old 06-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Rody:

The only problem with the NTC3 is the larger diameter axle, i have recently purchased a Hudy setup station and don't want to drill the holes out to make it fit onto the NTC3

H-O
Old 06-13-2005, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Just drill it! it is only a tiny amount.

As for the BV1, have to agree if you are looking at racing then the voneS is the car to get. the bv1 has a high CG and the suspension doesnt do the engine it carries justice.
but in the end u have to be happy with what you get. maybe the new tamiya, lloks really nice or even a hpi, or ........... just kidding
Old 06-13-2005, 02:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

i think i would rather have a car based on a V1RRR (V1S3) over the NTC3 (old technology)
Old 06-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

IMHO forget both the GV and the Kyosho and buy a HN racing LD3 or CD3 rtr
Both great cars come with 2 speed, radio, Big pit bag, and assembled both are very low CG, another good little car is the HN racing Z10 or they are also sold as Eureka Pro Aussie muscle car.

Tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.