Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adjustable Rear Wing - LOSI JRX

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Under the general rules and guidelines for vintage it is acceptable as a reliability upgrade and doesn't change geometry of the car. Plus this box was in XXTs so there should be no issue with date cutoff

I'll get Mikey or Daniel to confirm so it's above board... hopefully

Cheers
Old 05-09-2013, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey stu

Sorry man ive had a chat to the guys. Retro fit came out too late. Losi didn't put it out till 93. As much as I'd agree that it seems unfair that stealth is ok but not the xx tranny, the reality is in 90-91, associated had a better tranny and losi had probably the better chassis (not trying to get into and associated vs losi debate though) reliability upgrades for transmission we stated were things like a slipper which can certainly be added to an LRM or more modern universals which might bemore readily available but not the entire tranny. B3 rims look cool but check the resulting width. Ive seen jrx pros with them on and id reckon they'd struggle to get through the box

Cheers

Mikey
Old 05-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Ill bring the regular offset rims on the day just in case, in that regard - but will that put me in Classic instead cos of the gearbox? Took me so long to get this box and now it cant be used for that class... what a bummer. I was going along the guidelines of "not changing the geometry of the car etc".

Continued Conversation in http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...21-22-a-6.html

Cheers

Last edited by ViGiLaNtE351; 05-09-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Yeah sorry mate. As I say I thought it was pretty clear the geometry statement was in relation to suspension parts and the transmission we offered specific examples of what was ok ie slipper. If in doubt, best thing you can do prior to going ahead on a particular path is ask. As it is, all you need to do is find a cheap jrx pro, throw your retrofit in it and youll have a classic runner plus your vintage runner with the LRM. Ive just got myself a retrofit coming actually, I bought it off jamesl, I'll throw that in my pro se and run in classic with that or the Dyna storm depending on which I'm liking more

Cheers

Mikey
Old 05-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Yeah looks like ill be in Classic with you then - all good. I still get to have a run with it. Thats all that matters!

Cheers