B.R.C.C.C (Tingalpa)

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 02:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Wink B.R.C.C.C (Tingalpa)

Thought it was time a thread was started for the "Goat Track'!

Old 08-12-2002, 02:08 AM
Tech Addict

Default Alein Sighting @ Wynnum!

Rumors have it a "Unidentified Low Flying Object" was sighted at Wynnum today travelling at high speeds.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:36 AM
Tech Master

I hope you obtained clearance from Brisbane Tower before takeoff ...you wouldn't want to spoil their day!!
Old 08-12-2002, 02:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by vr01
I hope you obtained clearance from Brisbane Tower before takeoff ...you wouldn't want to spoil their day!!
OPPS!
Old 08-12-2002, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

Luck for you there is only F-111's at Amberley, no FA-18's
Old 08-12-2002, 03:01 AM
Tech Addict

Anyone got any suggestions or comments on the track and the club?
Old 08-12-2002, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Well I love it.

Maybe it's a bit narrow but otherwise it's great for Stock Electric.

I love the slopes and camber changes and that you have to think about setup a bit rather than just a flat track

Ever thought about painting the surface with bitumen paint so that we can use foams
Old 08-13-2002, 01:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by heavy
Well I love it.

Maybe it's a bit narrow but otherwise it's great for Stock Electric.

I love the slopes and camber changes and that you have to think about setup a bit rather than just a flat track

Ever thought about painting the surface with bitumen paint so that we can use foams
Thanks David for your imput

It has been certainly discussed. But the Workers club has made it quite clear to us that we have no future at our current location and that we are in the way of their future developments of the club. With knowing this we have decided to limit the spending we do on the current track and put as much a side as we can for the new track. This is unfortuantly were the has stopped at the moment with dealing with the councils and governments to get a new location available.
Old 08-13-2002, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by hooked_on

Thanks David for your imput

It has been certainly discussed. But the Workers club has made it quite clear to us that we have no future at our current location and that we are in the way of their future developments of the club. With knowing this we have decided to limit the spending we do on the current track and put as much a side as we can for the new track. This is unfortuantly were the has stopped at the moment with dealing with the councils and governments to get a new location available.
Boys......... has there been any progress with Vikings AFL Club on kianawah rd??????. Shayne was saying that he was thinking of contacting them. He also said that he originally sought after the location at the AFL club and it was already to go but they backed out...... is this correct?. It would be great to build a track on the lower oval as it is unused these days....... any thoughts?
Old 08-13-2002, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Actually I find teh traction is fine with the concrete but the track is a tad narrow, especially for passing. With the rope all round there isn't much room for error but I think it is like 1:1 racing where they race on different tracks each week and some (like Surfers for example) and other street circuits have concrete walls all round. You just have to take teh rough with the smooth.

On the subject of a new place to go. There is an area on the corner of Creek Road and Old Cleveland Road (Carindale) where the road used to go before they built the new intersection. (Inbound on Old Cleveland Rd look down to you left at teh intersection.) The council East office is right there and it might be worthwhile for someone from the club to go in and have a chat with the Recreation Officer about securing that area. The area is fully tarmac but too rough to race on so would need a resurface but that would not be as expensive as starting form dirt. Noise would not be a problem there either.
Old 08-14-2002, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Actually I find teh traction is fine with the concrete but the track is a tad narrow, especially for passing. With the rope all round there isn't much room for error but I think it is like 1:1 racing where they race on different tracks each week and some (like Surfers for example) and other street circuits have concrete walls all round. You just have to take teh rough with the smooth.

On the subject of a new place to go. There is an area on the corner of Creek Road and Old Cleveland Road (Carindale) where the road used to go before they built the new intersection. (Inbound on Old Cleveland Rd look down to you left at teh intersection.) The council East office is right there and it might be worthwhile for someone from the club to go in and have a chat with the Recreation Officer about securing that area. The area is fully tarmac but too rough to race on so would need a resurface but that would not be as expensive as starting form dirt. Noise would not be a problem there either.
Top suggestion... i never even thought of that area..... but then again it is amazing how many places u miss when u r driving somewhere and how many there could be when u sit down and think about it.

Andrew.... pass the suggestion on????
Old 08-14-2002, 02:00 AM
Tech Addict

Default New Track!

Originally posted by opel92

Boys......... has there been any progress with Vikings AFL Club on kianawah rd??????. Shayne was saying that he was thinking of contacting them. He also said that he originally sought after the location at the AFL club and it was already to go but they backed out...... is this correct?. It would be great to build a track on the lower oval as it is unused these days....... any thoughts?
The lastest i heard from our previous committee meeting was that we were 95% certain we would be going to the BMX track on Wynnum Rd. The Netball Assosciation is also looking to find a new home at the same location and the council was looking at how they are going to fit everyone in. The tip we received from the council was that the Netball Assosciation would most likely get the back field from the AFL Club on Kiwanah rd and that the land on the corner of Wynnum & Kiwanah would be bought back and we would be assigned this area. I am not sure what the progress has been since our last meeting and will let you all now how it is going when i know more at the next meeting.... And yes our previous committee were cleared to use that field at the AFL club when we looking to move from the McDonalds car park, but decided the Workers Club was the better option?????????
Old 08-14-2002, 02:01 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks David, i will pass the suggestion on at the next meeting.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Wink

Maybe that is the tip of the year andrew.... at least with elec, you would get better run time.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:40 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Heavy good to hear that you haven't retired yet.
Are you coming down to Sydney soon , either for TCS or the State Title.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service