27 or 40??

Old 08-13-2002, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

At the end of the day you can run anything up to 300mhz apart from 36mhz for the planes. This puts it into the L to VL bracket on the Spectrum.

And who is really going to give a crap if you turn up at a race meeting with a 75mhz, 27mhz, 40mhz or 29mhz anyway. Like they dont even check Stock motors

Ok ok I take back the last coment

I'm still to be conviced that 27 and 40 are legal in Australia.

Coxy.

Last edited by Coxy; 08-13-2002 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-14-2002, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if you have a look at the lipd licence ( go here! taken stright form the aca site)

you will find heaps of spectrum available, but the catch is that transmission is measured in milliwatts/microwatts not the 1 watt we use!

and there is no 41/75mhz spectrum available under this licence if you have a look...

i spoke at length today with an aca representative and he assured me that they will only 'freak-out' if they detect something (he said they are listening ) or someone who has a licence for that part of the spectrum you are disrupting complains

after looking at my frequency table he said that it fitted with in the lipd licence so long as the transmissions were not greater than allowed.... i sent an email to get written conformation for you coxy!
Old 08-14-2002, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

It seems the Australian Government Depts don't know if they are Arther or Marther !!!!
In reading the guide lines that are published and Gazetted, that LIPD's do have a fair spectrum to work with,
BUT then if you read the This out take from there web site

"Other low power radiocommunications devices, such as radio controlled models, are authorised under separate class licences. These class licences include:

Radiocommunications Class Licence (Radio-controlled Models);"

Then proceed to the page that the link for radio controlled models takes you to, you get the list of 29 to 36 megs !!

Now I don't doubt that contact will have further information when he receives his e-mail from ACA, But how bloody confusing can this Gov Dept get ?
Old 08-14-2002, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by fastolfart

Now I don't doubt that contact will have further information when he receives his e-mail from ACA, But how bloody confusing can this Gov Dept get ?
Well they have to have somthing to do don't they.
Old 08-14-2002, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Yer but the thing is they don't do anything anyway. You have to remember that our government isn't full of dinamo's. Hey look who's prime-minister.