Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indoor onroad at Wynnum(brisbane)?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Indoor onroad at Wynnum(brisbane)?

Hi, does anybody know when the new indoor onroad track at wynnum will be open? This rain is un-relenting.cheers.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dragobrat
Hi, does anybody know when the new indoor onroad track at wynnum will be open? This rain is un-relenting.cheers.
Hey Dragobrat, you can go out there anytime you want .
The drivers stand is up and the track is painted so all should be good to go I would think. They might not be finnished with all the minor details but you would be able to practice and have a run .

watched some F1 on the track the other day . Looks agood as well.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Hi. Thanks for the info.
Whats the address there? Is there a street no.? I went to that road "millenium pl" the other day but couldnt find the track..

Originally Posted by postbox
Hey Dragobrat, you can go out there anytime you want .
The drivers stand is up and the track is painted so all should be good to go I would think. They might not be finnished with all the minor details but you would be able to practice and have a run .

watched some F1 on the track the other day . Looks agood as well.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragobrat
Hi. Thanks for the info.
Whats the address there? Is there a street no.? I went to that road "millenium pl" the other day but couldnt find the track..
No problem Mate.
Its 31 Millenium place

http://goo.gl/maps/UfdCH
Old 02-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What cars are they planning on running there. 1/10, 1/12. What motors and tyres. Is it carpet or concrete.

I cant find any website for it.

Im on the Brisbane Northside unfortunately, it would take me an hour to 1.25 hours to get there plus the tolls each way.

Then again, this rain has spoilt racing for the last 3 months.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by El Nitro
What cars are they planning on running there. 1/10, 1/12. What motors and tyres. Is it carpet or concrete.

I cant find any website for it.

Im on the Brisbane Northside unfortunately, it would take me an hour to 1.25 hours to get there plus the tolls each way.

Then again, this rain has spoilt racing for the last 3 months.
Hey mate, its concrete with a painted on asphalt surface. It has alot of traction, trust me alot!!! Very flat surface and no bumps Yeah 1/10 and 1/12 also minis and F1's. You pay and play with what ever you have. Not sure on details of a club yet. Most guys are just running their rubber tyres. I live at Murrumba Downs and takes me 35 minutes to get there (legal speed) but yes the tolls suck.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi could anyone tell me what the hours and days the track is open thanks.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TrentD
Hi could anyone tell me what the hours and days the track is open thanks.
Hi,
I'm new to rccars indoor looks like a great idea cause of the rain
How much is it for membership and does that cover racing do you run gas indoors

Pete
Old 03-02-2013, 02:23 AM
Tech Adept

The interest in this new indoor track is terrific. They are still working on a website. The new venue is not yet open and the facility is not yet completed.

However, due to the interest shown and the continual rain, they are prepared to stop work tomorrow (Sunday 3rd March) and from 12pm - 5pm they are allowing people to have a run on the track for a $10 donation. It is for all types of electric cars. No nitro. The address is 31 Millenium Place, Tingalpa.

You can keep up with the progress on their Facebook page, "Millenium Raceway".
Old 03-02-2013, 03:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team La Spina
The interest in this new indoor track is terrific. They are still working on a website. The new venue is not yet open and the facility is not yet completed.

However, due to the interest shown and the continual rain, they are prepared to stop work tomorrow (Sunday 3rd March) and from 12pm - 5pm they are allowing people to have a run on the track for a $10 donation. It is for all types of electric cars. No nitro. The address is 31 Millenium Place, Tingalpa.

EP Bikes ok too?
Old 03-02-2013, 04:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah for sure. They are keen to run anything. So bring it down for a run
Old 03-02-2013, 04:21 AM
Tech Adept

A bloke was there last week with a vintage car. Some kids brung their buggies. Would be great to see the EP bikes.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Been interested in this since I first heard about it, so I had a look at the track after work today. Even got to drive a few laps with a borrowed car (brave to lend me a mod powered tc).
Track was nice and smooth and as others have said, has plenty of grip. Nice big drivers stand for those who like to dance while they drive as well. Look forward to seeing how things develop.

Keith M.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YOKOMOSHO
Been interested in this since I first heard about it, so I had a look at the track after work today. Even got to drive a few laps with a borrowed car (brave to lend me a mod powered tc).
Track was nice and smooth and as others have said, has plenty of grip. Nice big drivers stand for those who like to dance while they drive as well. Look forward to seeing how things develop.

Keith M.
You going to go for a run today Keith, I might try and sneak down for a few hours at lunchtime, u are welcome to borrow my car if need be, I might bring my 1/12th scale down too, still trying to get my head around driving those things.
Kingsley
Old 03-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team La Spina

Can you confirm the track is open today from 12 - 5pm. I need to get out of the house. Its a long drive though, so would like to be certain its open today.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.