Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
GCRC Raceway Gold Coast Indoor Off Road Racing >

GCRC Raceway Gold Coast Indoor Off Road Racing

GCRC Raceway Gold Coast Indoor Off Road Racing

Old 08-26-2012, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

Default GCEORRCCC (Gold Coast Off Road Racing)

Hi everyone, welcome to the new thread for indoor off road racing in the Gold Coast. It is a purpose built 1/10 track, with viewing platforms for spectators. It is also the home for GCEORRCCC. Classes we run are 1/10 2wd buggy, 1/10 4wd buggy, mod and stock, Stadium Truck (10.5T blinky), 2wd Short Course (10.5T blinky), 4wd Short Course, on club Saturday's. Every Tuesday we run Tuesday Truckin Madness, for Short Course and Stadium trucks, every second Wednesday we run Wheeler Wednesday, for buggies , and every second Saturday normal club Sunday in Super Saturday Club Racing. We do have hire cars available if you're starting out, and a shop on site. We're at 49 Newheath Drive, Arundel, 4214. 07 5580 0448, www.gcrcraceway.com.au. You can also find us on Facebook.
Attached Thumbnails GCRC Raceway Gold Coast Indoor Off Road Racing-gcrc_final_opaque.jpg  

Last edited by MartyMN; 06-21-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

About bloody time!! Great track, Great people
Old 08-26-2012, 02:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good to see this new thread to pop up.the website looks awesome aswell.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bigleftie View Post
Good to see this new thread to pop up.the website looks awesome aswell.
Thx Bigleftie! Website still work in progress, but we'll get there! Working on the iPhone and Android app too, they are up and running, but one or two small glitches, which will be sorted soon
Old 08-26-2012, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just a reminder,this saturday coming ( 1st of sep) is the first swap meet starting at 12.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Well after 8 hours of fault finding and dissembling the rear of my SVR and putting it back together , I believe (touch wood) I can say that I have fixed the issue.....Dont know what it was or how I fixed it must of been the 6th time of putting it back together See you all next race meet to put down my first lap.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by schrammy79 View Post
Well after 8 hours of fault finding and dissembling the rear of my SVR and putting it back together , I believe (touch wood) I can say that I have fixed the issue.....Dont know what it was or how I fixed it must of been the 6th time of putting it back together See you all next race meet to put down my first lap.
I had a few issues with the diff in my Cougar, but let's not go there, all sorted now, thx to Mark I actually just wanted to test him...
Old 08-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi Marty , in your first post it says you will be racing stadium trucks Tuesday and Wednesday , is this te case ? I will be coming Tuesday to race stadium but in future would do wed and race stadium and buggy . coming from Brisbane so would prefer to come on a day where I can race more than 1 class . cheers gopes
Old 08-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Stadium trucks will run on both nights as some of the SCT guys have got them and will run for points on Tuesday nights

We also have some buggy guys looking at getting them as well for some fun so it will depend on numbers if there is a points system for Wednesday

Main night will Tuesday for trucks that's for sure.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You will have to get a 2wd sct too Gopes
Old 08-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gogi108 View Post
Hi Marty , in your first post it says you will be racing stadium trucks Tuesday and Wednesday , is this te case ? I will be coming Tuesday to race stadium but in future would do wed and race stadium and buggy . coming from Brisbane so would prefer to come on a day where I can race more than 1 class . cheers gopes
We will definitely have stadium trucks on Tuesday nights, as most guys now have 2wd SC and then Stadium Trucks. On Wednesdays, we need a few more people and classes, to make it worth while, so we felt we need to start running them then too, to hopefully get a few of the buggy guys involved who would normally only race a 2wd or 4wd buggy. We will start it this Wednesday, to see how we go. It will probably only be a demo class for the first few races, to see if we can get more into it. The way things are, we have a few people who can only come on a Tuesday, who run SC and Stadium, and like your case, people would prefer to only run Wednesday, which is understandable. We are very happy that people are coming down from Brisbane, that's great, so would try to make it as easy as possible!! So stick with us, we're trying to make it a class on Wednesday as well
Old 08-26-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

cheers guys , looking forward to my first run on the new track . see ya's tomorrow . cheers
Old 08-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i tested my stadium truck today on the track ( second time ive ever driven a 2wd ) and im terrible with it but there awesome to drive.
MASSIVE thanks to marty and co. for providing an outstanding indoor establishment for off-road
see you guys tuesday night
Old 08-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yew, more stadium trucks!
Are you ready to take on the current stadium truck champion?
(Yes, I'm milking this for as long as possible, which is most probably tomorrow night!)
Old 08-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

So in saying that SC is becoming more and more popular (and seeing how stable they where on Sunday) what is the more preferred class to Run 2wd or 4wd? Stock or Mod?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.