R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   2005 Challenge Cup -On Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/65413-2005-challenge-cup-road.html)

TJ 03-06-2005 06:02 PM

2005 Challenge Cup -On Road

I thought I better separate the two section of the Challenge Cup so people don't get confused.
We have just received the final details from Lithgow on the Delta Lithgow Cup that will be held as part of the Iron fest this year. The organizer are estimating 7000 to 10000 people will go through the gates for the three day festival. So should have plenty of people looking at the racing over the two days, The track will be open for practice on the Saturday with controlled timing and racing will be on Sunday. Both Electric and nitro races will be run. The nitro will only be a display class, were the electric will be the first round of the challenge cup for 2005.
Entry forms will be out hopefully by the end of this week or the next but here is the difficult part of the event. All drivers that wish to take part will have to enter a week before. We have organized that the drivers and friend can get into the iron fest for free but if there is any late entries there will have to pay fifteen dollars entry to get into the showground were the race meeting is being held. We had 100 entries last year and we hope to do the same this year, so when the entry forms come out get your entries in ASAP then you won't have a problem.
The off Road side of the series went of with get success so we hope we can do the same with the on-road side. Will keep you informed.

Trevor J

One other thing the event will be on the 23-24th April 2005 .Check the lithgow web site for club meetings leading up to Ironfest.

danjoy25 03-06-2005 06:21 PM

Brushless??

I they allow brushless again, I will be there for sure.

TJ 03-06-2005 11:48 PM

you can run brushless in Modified

DJB 03-07-2005 02:36 AM

hey does anyone no the websites for all the different clubs associated with the on road club challenge?? for ideas on how to get there and what the track look like etc etc thanks

Besercoe 03-07-2005 02:56 AM

Originally posted by DJB
hey does anyone no the websites for all the different clubs associated with the on road club challenge?? for ideas on how to get there and what the track look like etc etc thanks
check out the links on the castle hill website, there are links to each of the clubs involved

murfy 03-07-2005 04:09 AM

for the people attending the lithgow CC (club challenge). that cant make it there for the pracitce on sat with the be time at the start of the sunday to have pracitce.

if yess what time will the track be set up from?? and what time is the racing commencing??

Dragonfire 03-07-2005 04:36 PM

Originally posted by TJ
you can run brushless in Modified
I thought we used arrcmacca rules for the club challenge.. Is this rule the only exception?

Besercoe 03-07-2005 04:56 PM

Originally posted by Dragonfire
I thought we used arrcmacca rules for the club challenge.. Is this rule the only exception?
I guess this is a quaestion for Mr Ellis, as IFMAR has approved the use of Brushless motors in the open class, and ARCMACCA's use the IFMAR rules, then when will the ARCMACCA's rules be updated to reflect the IFMAR change? is it an automatic adoption?

Coxy 03-07-2005 05:20 PM

Originally posted by Besercoe
I guess this is a quaestion for Mr Ellis, as IFMAR has approved the use of Brushless motors in the open class, and ARCMACCA's use the IFMAR rules, then when will the ARCMACCA's rules be updated to reflect the IFMAR change? is it an automatic adoption?
If you base it on other brushed motors/batteries getting the green light straight away then I think you know your answer.

Coxy.

TJ 03-07-2005 05:43 PM

Originally posted by Dragonfire
We were allowing brushless last year so I can't see why not this year. The other change as far as I can see is in the 540 motors. as i have stated earlier that there could be restricted to tamiya J motors and the old grey motor 683. There are a few different kinds of motors getting around one of which has a fan in it of course these will not be allowed.
In regards to the brushless debate I think IFMAR has to have an approved motor list in regards to the brushless. It will be interesting what motor are accepted and what are not.

TJ 03-07-2005 05:55 PM

Up date on Lithgow have said that there were up grading the drivers stand last weekend and hope to move race control under neither it hopefully for the delta lithgow cup.
YES PLEASE :D :D :D :D

Mad Mackem 03-07-2005 06:29 PM

They might include a heater in there Trev.

vr01 03-08-2005 04:17 AM

1. Brushless are already AARCMCC legal - in the Brushless Modified ISTC class. Last year they started off in the one modified class and ended up going to two. Trev can combine them together if he likes for the Club Challenge as they are not sanctioned events.

2. Once we have an IFMAR motor list (hopefully late April / early May), those motors listed will be legal in the Modified ISTC class.

Dragonfire 03-08-2005 06:33 AM

Originally posted by vr01
1. Brushless are already AARCMCC legal - in the Brushless Modified ISTC class. Last year they started off in the one modified class and ended up going to two. Trev can combine them together if he likes for the Club Challenge as they are not sanctioned events.

2. Once we have an IFMAR motor list (hopefully late April / early May), those motors listed will be legal in the Modified ISTC class.

Sorry guys.. not trying to make trouble... but I remember that aarmacca adopted a seperate brushed/brushless class last year. I figured the club challenge would follow suit... but togther is fine with me....

414play 03-12-2005 03:15 PM

looking forward to the start of this years challenge cup,should be huge.just one suggestion for the lithgow round, i would like to see a designated pit area with no car parking. i think this makes for a better atmosphere and with the expected number of spectators from ironfest will make it easer for racers to get to there races and look after each others equipment whilst racing.