Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
2005 Challenge Cup -On Road >

2005 Challenge Cup -On Road

2005 Challenge Cup -On Road

Old 03-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

TJ,

Please let me know if the IB3600 packs are allowed for the club challenge rounds?
Old 03-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default TJ - PM

TJ You have PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:42 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Originally posted by danjoy25
TJ,

Please let me know if the IB3600 packs are allowed for the club challenge rounds?
As it was last year it is ARRCMCC rules apply ( unless stated in the rules) regarding this years competition.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally posted by TJ
As it was last year it is ARRCMCC rules apply ( unless stated in the rules) regarding this years competition.
I'll ask again. YES or NO would be more acceptable. Can we use IB3600 cell in Lithgow (Club Challenge)??
Old 03-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think that means no as they are not yet approved.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by danjoy25
I'll ask again. YES or NO would be more acceptable. Can we use IB3600 cell in Lithgow (Club Challenge)??
The only cell >3300mAh that is currently AARCMCC approved is the Sanyo 3600.

Visit the AARCMCC website for the update to rules and battery list.

Last edited by vr01; 03-23-2005 at 02:43 AM.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:28 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

vr01, when do you think the the ib3600 will be accepted
Old 03-25-2005, 03:04 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Default The Lithgow Delta Cup

Entrey forms are now up on the web site.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/raceway/

To save time right click on the PDF link and click (save taget as....)
it will then download the file, if you have any problems please email me.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TJ
vr01, when do you think the the ib3600 will be accepted
IFMAR are supposed to release updated motor and battery lists 4 months prior to the worlds (Offroad in August). So we should have something within the next month. AARCMCC follows suit 3 months after IFMAR. So provided the battery and motor manufacturers have had their products submitted, and IFMAR has approved them, we should see them AARCMCC legal around July / August.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:18 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

All those drivers that want an entry form for the Challenge Cup for the end of next month hard copies will be at Castle Hill Raceway from this Friday on. Please remember get your entries in ASAP other wise you might have to pay gate entry fee for the weekend.
Also drivers are only allowed to bring in one other person on they entry fee. So if you have car load of people you might have to pay some gate entry fee.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Clarification

Hi TJ,
With the whole B/L thing this year. Do the Brushless motors have to meet the IFMAR specs to be able to run?

Sorry to drag this up again but previous posts are too ambiguos. Wouldnt it be easier to just run BL as a seperate class as per the National rules? If there are not enough entrants in B/L, then those two or three people can surely chuck in a brushed motor for the event rather than disadvantage everyone else running mod for literally 1 or 2 people?

Cheers
Paul.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:52 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Default Re: Clarification

Originally posted by Atomix
Hi TJ,
With the whole B/L thing this year. Do the Brushless motors have to meet the IFMAR specs to be able to run?

Sorry to drag this up again but previous posts are too ambiguos. Wouldnt it be easier to just run BL as a seperate class as per the National rules? If there are not enough entrants in B/L, then those two or three people can surely chuck in a brushed motor for the event rather than disadvantage everyone else running mod for literally 1 or 2 people?

Cheers
Paul.
As I have to talked to the AARMCC delegates in this matter. I am joining the two classes togther for this years competition so those motors that are legal for the brushless class can run in the standard modified class for this years event. Seeing that most times that a brushless class has been able to run no one has entered or there wasn't enough to run the class. so to me it makes sense to join the two together.
I hope this claers up your concerns.

Last edited by TJ; 04-03-2005 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

It doesnt really matter anyway, these arent AARMCC santioned events, so the challenge doesnt have to comply with any governing body, though for the benefit of racers, the rules are mostly the same, its like asking walter to not run 23T
Old 04-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by NOFX
It doesnt really matter anyway, these arent AARMCC santioned events, so the challenge doesnt have to comply with any governing body, though for the benefit of racers, the rules are mostly the same, its like asking walter to not run 23T
Im aware that the events are not sanctioned, but it was suggested earlier that the ARCMCCA rules were being followed. Given that the Modified rules have changed considerably since last years events, I thought it was fair to ask.

And its nothing like asking Walter not to run 23T...........
Old 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Have no problems with people asking questions . Its better to ask now and have the meeting go smoothly on the day. If we had a special class for brushless add's to the time for the meeting and if we get the same number as last year we are going to be pushing it to finish before dark. We didn't have problems with brushless last year can't see a problem this year.
For those drivers that raced last year at Lithgow the track will be in reverse as the club has a new drivers stand and by the time of the first round new PA and race control could be under the drivers stand. The club has another club meeting the weekend before the challenge so could be the best time to get some practise. Entries already are up to thirty so get your entries in ASAP

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.