Search
Like Tree116Likes

Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coopz
Just regarding Offroaderfest, ok to register and just race on Sunday? Have a family thing on Saturday =(
Yep. You'll miss possibly a few qualifiers though.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks Jeff
Old 10-04-2017, 02:32 AM
Tech Adept

Track is now open.

Sorry for the delay. We had to make sure to get the jumps right on the upgraded left side and put plenty of water into the clay.

We're having a control practice for this coming Saturday, with timing to get traffic on the track and lay down some rubber to bed in the surface in readiness for Offroaderfest 2017.

Track will open for timed practice from 10.00am to 4.00pm. After 4pm the track will remain open for general use.

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Just a few questions for the Offroader fest, does the club have hand out transponders, is there a favourite tyre people are using and if need be would there be a spare gazebo available to borrow.
Cheers people.
May His favour be upon you.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jagman1
Just a few questions for the Offroader fest, does the club have hand out transponders, is there a favourite tyre people are using and if need be would there be a spare gazebo available to borrow.
Cheers people.
May His favour be upon you.
Sadly no hand out transponders, but a few members have spares which may be able to be loaned.
We have some tents available. How many spots? Do you need a table?

What kind of cars will you be running?
Old 10-06-2017, 01:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Holeshots and rebars seem a popular choice also 3ds can be good.2wd fronts dirt webs are popular
Old 10-06-2017, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default .

Thankyou people. Looks like I have the tyres covered, just after the one space for the tent and I have a table. I have one transponder I could just swap between cars if I need to.
Unfortunately I sold my Hotshot about 20 years ago and the Procat is in the rebuild stage, never owned a Dango 10th scaler though, so I will be dropping a Yoko yz2 in stock and a Losi wheeler in stock as well.
I've seen some of the changes made to the track, the vids are awsome, excellent for lounge room practicing interstate. We were blessed by the setup you put on for the Sa titles, so I am sure we will be blessed again at the Offroader fest.
Cheers guys and girls and thanks again.
May you find your rest in His peace.
Steve.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Today's controlled practice has been delayed till 12.00pm start due to this mornings rain. With a nice 26* today it should dry out well.

Cheers, Phil
Old 10-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default .

And also, (yes it may seem like question time " But we perish through a lack of knowledge").
In regards to the "Rulings"
Rule 1 in question. "A class requires a minimum of 6 entries to run".
Is this 6 paid entries by the entries cut off time, or is it 6 cars on the track at the start of the first race.
Rule 2 in question, "Competition entries close Sunday 8th of October 2017".
Is this time Sunday night midnight.
So lets just say "Junior Mcracealot" entered and paid, but was unable to attend on the race day and did not seek a refund, or if an entrants car was damaged beyond repair during practice and was unable to grid up and race, leaving the field with "less than the minimum required number", would the class continue.
Cheers people.
May you all have an excellent practice day.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jagman1
And also, (yes it may seem like question time " But we perish through a lack of knowledge").
In regards to the "Rulings"
Rule 1 in question. "A class requires a minimum of 6 entries to run".
Is this 6 paid entries by the entries cut off time, or is it 6 cars on the track at the start of the first race.
Rule 2 in question, "Competition entries close Sunday 8th of October 2017".
Is this time Sunday night midnight.
So lets just say "Junior Mcracealot" entered and paid, but was unable to attend on the race day and did not seek a refund, or if an entrants car was damaged beyond repair during practice and was unable to grid up and race, leaving the field with "less than the minimum required number", would the class continue.
Cheers people.
May you all have an excellent practice day.
Ok the minimum is for 6 cars on the track at the start of an event.
this includes the practice session prior to qualifying and racing.
but if there are lower entries in this class than needed at the entry close, it is up to the committee if they run.
this rule is base on AARCMCC entry requirements to qualify as a sanctioned class.
Juniors on the other hand we will always try to run, independent of numbers, as they are the future for the club

if a paid racer doesn't show for a race day but has paid they will still be on the timing and the class will still run.

your second question is yes entries always close at midnight on the stated day.

the committee will finalise all classes after scrutineering has been completed.
all cars must go through scrutineering Saturday prior to going on the track.
cars can only be scrutineered on Sunday by prior arrangement via our email.
[email protected]

I hope this helps
Old 10-06-2017, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Yes it does plus more, thank you.
You got where I was coming from when you mentioned juniors.
Really looking forward to it.
You folk be blessed in all that you do
Old 10-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone have a Tekin Gen3 10.5T or Reedy Sonic m3 I can try/buy in my SCT? My current motor is getting a little long in the tooth.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:48 AM
Tech Adept

Due to the expected storms and high rainfall forecast for Wednesday I've decided to close the track from lunchtime tomorrow as this will give me the time for final track prep and paint the ropes before Wednesday because it may not be possible to do it on Thursday and Friday if track doesn't dry out quick enough.

What ever happens Wednesday the rains will be a welcome boost for the track just before Offroaderfest which should give a fantastic racing surface.

Cheers Phil,
ARCR Track Manager
Old 10-10-2017, 02:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

WANTED
----------

Volunteer BBQ Operator required for Saturday and/or Sunday lunch time shifts at Offroaderfest. Preferrably non-racer. Must have experience with turning snags. Basic cash handling skills. All food and equipment supplied. Pays rates below minimum award rates, to be truthful, but the unending gratitude of literally dozens of club members is guarenteed.

Enquire within - [email protected]
Old 10-11-2017, 01:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

How many qualy we are going to run on Saturday? One or two? Any grid list? Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.