Tech Regular

Yeah plenty of times ive reset it and nothing
Old 10-23-2014, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What car,,electrics etc ?
Old 10-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

D413, Novak Pulse V2/Vulcan 6.5 sensored.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

It could be diffs wrong way..
In 44.3 you have to turn gear diffs around if running shorty config due to motor being turned around on other side of motor plate,,

Have a good read of your instructions..
Old 10-27-2014, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zachattak
Hey Ray!
Im having problems reversing my speed controller. It runs fine....in reverse
Ive tried reversing motor wires, but it just stutters. Any help would be awesome
Thanks!
Sorry for my slow reply - had a pretty crazy week last week with work, funeral and nationals and now just catching up!

When you look at the pinion end of the motor, the correct rotation should be anticlockwise when you go forwards.
- If it moves clockwise, you have a problem
- If it moves anti-clockwise, you probably have the diffs in the wrong way (you need to swap them over for shorty / saddle configurations)

Im pretty sure that there is a reverse direction option with the Pulse, so if the motor is actually turning the wrong way, make sure that this hasnt been enabled.

Ray
Old 10-27-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Ray,,how was 44.3 at the nats,,did u like it more than 44.2,,?
Old 10-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by doorz
Ray,,how was 44.3 at the nats,,did u like it more than 44.2,,?
Hi mate,

the car was really good in practice and I was very happy with it (similar to my pre-nats test at Keilor). Unfortunately on 4wd day I was unwell in the morning and the track changed a lot after the rain (became much bumpier with high grip) and we went the wrong way with setup. It was a hugely deep field so I missed the A. So not the most successful weekend in 4wd.

In saying that, Cam Zammit won 4wd stock with his 44.3 and it was really good on the track. They used a carbon chassis (used the 44.3 chassis as a drill template) and had modified a 72T spur gear to fit the centre diff. Was a great result for a great kid who has a huge future.

After truck finished we tried a few other things and were happier with the car. It seemed to like heavier oils and softer front springs and the 44.2 carbon chassis helped it jump better.

The next big event will be the Vics (end November at Knox) so Ill start testing there this weekend.

Ray
Old 10-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Yes,,i've changed my centre diff oil to 100k for this weeks clubbie,,at last clubbie , i had book setup with oils etc,,and noticed i shagged a set of front tyres very quick,,must have been centre oil.
Car felt awesome,,gets the power down quickly,,gave a couple of losi and kyosho drivers a go, and they loved it.
Looking foward to finding that sweet setup soon,,

Please post any setup advice as you learn more about car,,

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by doorz
Yes,,i've changed my centre diff oil to 100k for this weeks clubbie,,at last clubbie , i had book setup with oils etc,,and noticed i shagged a set of front tyres very quick,,must have been centre oil.
Car felt awesome,,gets the power down quickly,,gave a couple of losi and kyosho drivers a go, and they loved it.
Looking foward to finding that sweet setup soon,,

Please post any setup advice as you learn more about car,,

Thanks.
As I posted last week, we have definitely found the 100K gives more forward drive and better braking than the 60K oil. I tried the 60K at the nats and it stabilises the car a lot more on power but didnt brake as well in the bumps so I still think the 100K is better overall for our tracks. On a slighty lower traction track the 60K definitely lets the front tyres spin more and wears them out faster.

Ray
Old 10-28-2014, 01:25 AM
Tech Adept

Big thanks Ray from Kyle Francis, we couldn't get the setup right on the old girl but your advice helped get her into the last qualifying spot for the 2wd Shortcourse A final. We moved forward a couple of spots in the finals but just didn't have the car speed of the seasoned SCT racers. Thanks Again Ray, Darrin.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey Ray, sorry if it's been asked before and feel free to tell me to search back but I was after your opinion on which car (B5/B5M) suits which condition best and does one stand out as the more versatile car?

Thanks
M.Ellis
Old 10-28-2014, 03:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quick question Ray.

Mate what were the corner weight scales you were using at the Nats? I've been looking to move on from four individual scales up to something that calculates totals and F/R percentages.

Cheers.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gunna
Big thanks Ray from Kyle Francis, we couldn't get the setup right on the old girl but your advice helped get her into the last qualifying spot for the 2wd Shortcourse A final. We moved forward a couple of spots in the finals but just didn't have the car speed of the seasoned SCT racers. Thanks Again Ray, Darrin.
My pleasure guys. Kyles driving and attitude realy impressed me in WA last year and was glad to see him do well at the nats this year. Making the A final in 4wd in that field was a huge achievement. Hope to see you guys over here sometime soon.

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
Hey Ray, sorry if it's been asked before and feel free to tell me to search back but I was after your opinion on which car (B5/B5M) suits which condition best and does one stand out as the more versatile car?

Thanks
M.Ellis
Hi Mike,

In general the rear motor car suits lower traction / lower power.

The mid motor car suits higher traction / higher power, but with some weight tuning it can be made to perform similarly to a rear motor car. I only use the mid motor car nowadays because of this. So I guess to answer your question, it is the more versatile car.

In the lower power classes, you dont have as much of an issue with wheelstands so the rear motor car is fine and gives better traction off the line. The B5 is also lighter than the B5M which helps in stock (although we have put a carbon chassis on Cameron Zammits B5M which he TQ'd the nats with over the weekend and this helps).

This is the setup I would recommend for very low traction:
http://keilorrc.org.au/setups/2014_B...Keilor_Cup.pdf

This is for higher traction:
http://keilorrc.org.au/setups/2014_B...Munday_MM8.pdf

Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.