Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2002 AARCMCC Electric Australian Championships

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Besercoe
Contact - Stop making comments regarding tires and the discussions will not be centred around them, on every thread you are usually the instigator.
More importantly....what's the tip...what rubbers for Kamba? Never been there before!!!

Cheers

A
Old 08-06-2002, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

hey wrxmy99 u going .. if so. i wouldnt mind going as well. we should get a group from our club to go what do u think..
gabes
Old 08-07-2002, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Yes the event format has been changed from what was originally posted.

Basically stops most people from running 2 classes unless they have enough batteries - team drivers and those who are loaded with cash!!! Not to mention the hassle of continuously having to change between cars.

Might as well call it the touring car nationals as for a lot of people, pro 10, 1/12th and F1 are their second cars that only come out for big two day meets. So these classes which could have a decent turn out will suffer. What about guys who race stock tourer but now can't have a go in mod?

IMHO regardless of whether its the Nationals or a club meet you want as many people racing as possible. Besides if you are travelling don't you want to race more than one class?

Old 08-07-2002, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

However, I do agree with all the unofficial classes being dropped from the event.
Old 08-07-2002, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i think its a good idea to have some demo classes that dont have national status... just like supporting events at major 1:1 race meetings..

there are issues of time though, i think many people would be attracted to major race meetings if there were 'accessable' calsses for them to race in... many potential first time racers are put off by the compeditive nature of stock and the expense of mod (both really) thats not that 540 is not good racing, i think first time racers would feel more confident at a major race meeting in such a class, especially if it was not a champ race and the 540 regulars were chasing a championship
Old 08-08-2002, 02:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by vr01
However, I do agree with all the unofficial classes being dropped from the event.
i disagree with the way in which these classes were "removed" from the event...the deal had been done with the club and the entry forms were out!
Old 08-08-2002, 03:19 AM
Tech Regular

BK

Didn't see any of those classes and timings in the entry form that I downloaded...but then again it may have been changed.......

I wish ISTC stock qual and finals was run on the one day rather than over the two...

Cheers

A
Old 08-08-2002, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

BK - I'll restate and say that I don't think those classes should have been there in the first place but I agree that once the entry forms were out the event format / classes SHOULD NOT have been changed.

Contact - I see your point but you won't see me backing 23 turn tourer. On the other hand I am probably being a bit harsh on 540 tourer considering its strength at CH and no doubt a few other places around the country.

Most people (everybody?) start in 540 something... 540 F1, 8 minute races with 1400's and 1700's were the GUN battery as long as you didn't have SCE's (which blew up!!)... those were the days...!

Back to my original point:

How many people were considering running 2 classes but now probably won't due to qualifying for all classes being conducted over both days?
Old 08-08-2002, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

the is a large group of racers that normally would not bother turning up to the National title, but these same people would have travelled to ACT though to race the 23turn and 540 classes. Now they will probably just stay home

but this is not an issue anymore, the event will be great and i'm sure it will be an exciting event, and as always Bob and the ACT Club down there at Kambah will do a great job.

Last edited by black-knight; 08-08-2002 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-08-2002, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

the pressures of sponsorship

but bk is right kambah will put on a show worth the trip for sure!
Old 08-08-2002, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Hell you guys moan a lot.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

There will always be people who bitch and moan, doesnt matter what choices are provided, two days is probably the main improvement, as the first round is always a throw out round in canberra, with everyone always a lap or so slower than later in the day, although a drwback is that most will only run one car now. Dropping numbers significantly. as someone stated it may as well be the ISTC Nationals.

Personally i dont really care about the format, everyone is in the same boat, everyone has the same opportunities, i am sure it will be a great meeting. I just want to go and race and have fun, and every meeting would be a success if more people held this view.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ixlr8nz
Hell you guys moan a lot.
ive seen the odd complaint or 2 about 'things' here as well
Old 08-08-2002, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Besercoe-san, you are most wise... we are your humble servants ;-)

Seriously, I'll be there with bells on enjoying the competition regardless of format. Just won't be running 12th as I had intended.

Scotty P
Old 08-09-2002, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Well if the conditions at Kambah are like Berscoe suggests why bother with the 2 qualifiers on Sunday morning? If you're not in the 'A' by Sat arvo you're not going to be there for the finals... ...There's a challenge for someone to prove wrong!!!

You'd think by making it 6 qualifiers they'd take you're best 3 qualifying rounds instead of it still being one run wonder stuff (not taking anything away from the top drivers)... OOPS another can of worms

Look I'm still probably going (once RL stuff is sorted), I'm just unhappy that the F1 will have to stay at home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.