Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shit Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Suspended

Default Shit Batteries

Purchased 2 A grade Fukuyama batteries as people raved about them so I bit the bullet and to my dispear I may as well of thrown my money on the ground and let it blow away as these packs have been the shitties packs I have ever owned. My one year old Yokomo Batteries are just as good.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Shit Batteries

Originally posted by Safe SX
Purchased 2 A grade Fukuyama batteries as people raved about them so I bit the bullet and to my dispear I may as well of thrown my money on the ground and let it blow away as these packs have been the shitties packs I have ever owned. My one year old Yokomo Batteries are just as good.
hhmmm i found the same thing with my fukenyukies. i have some unmatched packs i made out of loose cells and the fukenyukies are only marginally better. the punch is better,..marginally, and runtime is better, marginally, but i wouldn't say that these points are $69 us per pack better! the numbers on my packs are supposedly good ones as well.

mind you i am using a brushless 6T hacker. maybe with a brushed motor the difference is alot more noticable?
Old 01-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Shit Batteries

How many charges have you gone through with them??
Old 01-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Suspended

Default m

From the very first charge they had been ordinary so reluctant to use them they have had approximately 8 - 9 charges. And if you want to know the numbers on the pack thay are 1.177 with a sec 416. So value for money you would be better off buying GP unmatched packs.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Default AS IF

i bought some fukuyamas about a couple of weeks ago brand new with 1.165-1.169 and 412-434 numbers and they hammer . You proberly got duds call up the place that you go them from . Mind me i have only used them once but up for sale might get out of the hobby look in the FOR SALE thread if you want them
Old 01-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

My Fuks hammer as well, I got 1.165+ packs and 420+ runtime and they make my 8 turn fly, at least the same power as other guys I race against. Never run them in stock so cant speak to that.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

1.165-1.169 are very good for mod they seem to have a lot or run time unlike the 1.17and 1.18 packs

if your going to run in stock i would go for the higher voltage packs not runtime and visa versa
just my 0.2 cents
Old 01-15-2005, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by (V)r>?ä®?@¢uD@

if your going to run in stock i would go for the higher voltage packs not runtime and visa versa
just my 0.2 cents
I think every stock racer in the world has established this already.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tim_Gaukroger
I think every stock racer in the world has established this already.
HAHAHAHA

Anyway, i have 2 Fukuyama 1.175+ packs and they are very punchy, i have no complaints about them...

Did you build the packs yourself? Sure you didnt kill a cell during assembly??
Old 01-15-2005, 03:40 AM
Suspended

Default m

I have built enough battery packs to know not to over heat them. I have purchased another brand of batteries and are far superior than fukuies for less money.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:07 AM
MDL
Tech Adept

I wouldn't have a clue about what you are talking about. Have heard alot about them never seen them, sorry i'm in the sticks lol toowoomba.

Anyway all it know is that my $150 charger that i just brought isn't as good as i thought it was. Only charger my sanyo 3000's at 3 volts.... this isn't good is it?

And for some reason they have to be hot to get a charge above 2500.

Anyone want to help me?

MDL
Old 01-15-2005, 04:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What brand charger.........3 volts or 3 amps???
Old 01-15-2005, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: m

Originally posted by Safe SX
I have built enough battery packs to know not to over heat them. I have purchased another brand of batteries and are far superior than fukuies for less money.
I'm glad that you made up your mind and went with someone elses cells. I can assure you that Fukuyama puts out only a quality product. We have a patented zapping process that no one can touch and we hold the highest tolerances for matching. Maybe you got a pack that's been sitting on a shelf for too long? Maybe you overheated a cell while soldering (Believe me, I know it can be done quickly....)

If you still don't trust me, buy a Fukuyama 1.18+ HQ pack and then tell me if my company is shit. I can bet you won't be disappointed. Since we've opened, I've only got 2 complaints that the cells were performing poorly.

Cheers,
John
Old 01-15-2005, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Hi Ya Safe.
Just curious Did u approach the shop or the company about those packs first??

or have u just opened this thread.. No matter what product u buy there is always going to be a dud. I have guys in my club that run fuks and they hammer I personally use another brand and i am impressed with them ..

I am not having a go at u but normally if u approach the companies first they are mre than willing to replace or refund ur costings .
As John said maybe it was too much heat as i have been caught myself , may be the packs were old ..

I just dont like seeing people bag a product unless they have tried discussing the matter first with the manufactures

I hope i havent ofended u I appologize if ihave
Old 01-15-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think you are right "addicted."

Certainly if there is a problem with a product, I always try to resolve the matter which whoever I bought the product from. For example:

I bought a Much More Racing Zero-V discharge Tray and I was unimpressed with the fact that the screw holes were reamed out too much and it was losing contact with the batteries. I went back to who I got it from, got the contact post replaced and I was off again. Unfortunately, the same thing happened again and I lost total confidence in the unit. Now while I wouldn't recommend using the Zero-V tray, I can see its benefit. It's for the guy who wants a tray, cheap. I ended up getting my money back and I bought a Novak Smart Tray. My god, what a difference in quality and it was the best decision EVER!!!!

Strayed off topic but the point is, I gave them a go, now if you haven't and just started posting, then I feel you have perhaps been a bit unfair on Fukuyama. You can't expect a company to have a 100% quality assurance guarantee!!

If you did give them a go and talked about it, then I apologize. I think we all get the point though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.