Wiki Posts
Search

what to do with my FTB4

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default what to do with my FTB4

My FT B4 is starting to look a bit tired and in need of a rebuild. The first thing i need to do is replace the chasis. Do I stick with a graphite FT chasis or just put a plastic chasis on, which i have a spare of.
Another dilemma i have is I really need to replace alot of the screws / nuts, bolts on the car. Can i buy an entire set of FTB4 screws from somewhere ??.

What do other people do after 4 to 5 years of a car, just keep rebuilding it, or buy a new kit to build.

Cheers
Old 01-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default B4

The question of whether to buy a new kit or not. After 4-5 years I would think you have had a good run out of it but if money is tight rebuild, if not buy a new one.
You can buy complete s/s screw kits from http://www.rcscrewz.com/ .
You might find a lot of the threads in the car are stripped which would be another push towards a new one.

Terry
Old 01-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by simba
My FT B4 is starting to look a bit tired and in need of a rebuild. The first thing i need to do is replace the chasis. Do I stick with a graphite FT chasis or just put a plastic chasis on, which i have a spare of.
Another dilemma i have is I really need to replace alot of the screws / nuts, bolts on the car. Can i buy an entire set of FTB4 screws from somewhere ??.

What do other people do after 4 to 5 years of a car, just keep rebuilding it, or buy a new kit to build.

Cheers
Simba,

you are better off getting a new kit as you will find that replacing parts individually adds up very quickly!

Re: chassis - if the budget doesnt extend to a new kit, put the plastic chassis on. No one uses the graphite chassis anymore (the plastic is much more forgiving). Most people now are switching to the +8mm chassis.

My suggestion is to sell the old kit to a newcomer to the sport (lots of young novices in melbourne at the moment and a kit like this would be a big step up) and get the new worlds edition B4.1 when it is released soon. It includes all the latest parts which you will find make a big difference to the car as a whole.

Ray
Old 01-27-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks guys, i cant really shell out for a new kit and I have 1 or 2 of nearly every part new in packet that i bought as spares over the years. I have ordered the imperial stainless screw set for the b4 from rcscrewz. So i will just see how a rebuild goes. Cheers for the help and advice