Wiki Posts
Search

Pan Car Racing @ Moorebank

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 02:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jono1982
I know its hard to run diffurent rules for differnt place but even so in Queensland they have different rules for touring car and so does perth from memory.
This year's Queensland State Titles had 1 interstate entry in TC.

And the same could be said if the guys that where running here wanted to go to ACT or Newcastle we would have to buy 1 cell batteries and new motor and we would also have to buy speed controllers.
Which is what you want to avoid as much as possible. You're setting the rules now, so you can do your best to minimise that.

So i think peolple just need to come down to the track why the class is still new and we can disscuss and test and get some sort of level ground so everybody is resonably happy.
One of our guys has already been on this thread asking about the rules, so they're interested.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default RULES!

One thing to remember. When this thread was started, it was about the possibility of racing Pan Cars at Moorebank on club days. Then as a nice surprise, we were invited to be included in the Moorebank cup!! This has placed a little extra pressure on the whole "RULES" debate. I do understand that if people are going to put the time and effort into running the class at the cup, they might expect some rules to be agreed on. So far it has been decided that WGT bodies only and just recently, 5 min races. A little more time and testing will be needed to determine whether 1s or 2s or both, whether mod or 10.5. More of us will be running on Sunday with different configurations to help sort this out. The best way to have your opinion heard will be at the track, preferably after you have turned a few laps!

I believe that when the club invited us to participate in the Cup, the idea was for the class to be fun and a spectacle and therefore be a way of promoting the original concept, regular racing of Pan Cars on club days. As the event is not AARCMCC sanctioned, nor is the class, the club should be able to run the class as it sees fit. I think we should be thankful that the club, which may well be the finest facility in the country, is encouraging a this new class.

Last edited by Pablo Diablo; 11-03-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Newbie here so just ignore me if you like

Would it be possible to run at the cup with relaxed rules?
Seeing as the cup was a surprise and we're only at the stage of trying to get interest going for the class.

Seems a bit of a tall order to have agree on class rules in time for the cup.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MrChodes

Seeing as the cup was a surprise and we're only at the stage of trying to get interest going for the class.

Come on Mr Chodes, you're now talking too much common sense! We don't want any of that going on here.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Relaxed rules sounds good. But the thing with these cars is 1s or 2s makes a big difference In the speed that these cars will be going. It's a concern when there is different power levels on the track at once racing . A gentle men's agreement would be fine on power. The only reason I bought up the shell is the one in the picture would offer huge downforce and cornering compared to the WGT shells
Old 11-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz
Relaxed rules sounds good. But the thing with these cars is 1s or 2s makes a big difference In the speed that these cars will be going. It's a concern when there is different power levels on the track at once racing . A gentle men's agreement would be fine on power. The only reason I bought up the shell is the one in the picture would offer huge downforce and cornering compared to the WGT shells
Thanks. That does make sense. I have not entered the cup due to skill level, no matter how much power I have I don't want to be a mobile road block.
Are there enough entries for 1/10 pan already for the cup?
Do you need a mobile roadblock to make up the numbers?
Old 11-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Weather looking good, I'm heading out for a practice.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks. That does make sense. I have not entered the cup due to skill level, no matter how much power I have I don't want to be a mobile road block.
Are there enough entries for 1/10 pan already for the cup?
Do you need a mobile roadblock to make up the numbers?
Im sure the guys running the faster car are good enought to see s slower car and stear around then i dont think this will be a major issue.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Seems like a great idea, WGT is massive overseas as 10.5t and 1s but there tracks are very small and made of carpet...

Maybe 13.5 and 2s would be a better option

Last edited by Me_MrTyson; 11-03-2011 at 06:14 PM. Reason: question is... red or blue pill?
Old 11-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Im sure the guys running the faster car are good enought to see s slower car and stear around then i dont think this will be a major issue.
Cool. I'll sign up tonight
Old 11-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

If a motor limit was agreed upon, 10.5 would mean only the battery is different to what people run at other tracks. Also most of us have a 10.5 lying around.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
If a motor limit was agreed upon, 10.5 would mean only the battery is different to what people run at other tracks. Also most of us have a 10.5 lying around.
Bought one yesterday
Old 11-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Tech Regular

Good afternoons practice. Grass has been mowed for the weekend.
A few weeks ago these seemed so fast, now I need more power!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

guys dont forget there is a club day tommorow so please feel free to come down and have some fun
Old 11-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Tech Regular

Great turn out today guy awsome fun and speed. I think there is still room for improvement on the times. congrats to paul for taking out he day 18.3sec lap time pretty good considering where only driving from the rear wheels.
There was some interest from other driver that couldnt get there car sorted in time for the meet. Hopefully we will have a full field next time. There was one 1s car runing today it was not in our way no one hit it or complained about it getting in the way so only time will tell on how this class will grow. Se you at the next meet 20/11/11. Note this is the last meet before the Cup so come on down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.