Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Custom Model Cars - Do they Open Saturdays? >

Custom Model Cars - Do they Open Saturdays?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Custom Model Cars - Do they Open Saturdays?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default Custom Model Cars - Do they Open Saturdays?

Could someone advise if custom model cars is open today, been trying to ring them with no luck....
Old 11-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

no...only monday to friday
Old 11-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Damn,

Thanks Blue Hornet. You wouldn't happen to know who else is in sydney would stock a decent range of parts for T1R?
Old 11-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

When you ring them does it ring for ages and then make a noise like you have rung a FAX number????

I tried calling them a few weeks ago about 20 times in a week and couldnt get through to them...

Before anyone says,yes i made sure i was ringing the phone number not there fax...

Anyone else having problems getting through to them?
Old 11-12-2004, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Your correct mr rolla, i did get the ringing for ages then fax \ modem response....
Old 11-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mr rolla,

That week you rang them could have been the week that they were closed, school holidays...

Btw, they dont open on the weekends
Old 11-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Suspended

Why should a Hobby suppier be shut for School Holidays. Someone else should take over the importing position and work 24/7 just to annoy him. As he is a lazy arrogant person
Old 11-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

they close so they can attended race meetings like the nitro and the electric nationals also hence it ringing out this week (they left for Wodonga on Wenesday im lead to believe)
Old 11-13-2004, 01:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: Custom Model Cars - Do they Open Saturdays?

Originally posted by LabRacer
Could someone advise if custom model cars is open today, been trying to ring them with no luck....
James
what do you need i have a load of spares
am i correct in thinking you need these for Sunday @ Mingara
let me know what you need
cheers
warwick
Old 11-13-2004, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by David
they close so they can attended race meetings like the nitro and the electric nationals also hence it ringing out this week (they left for Wodonga on Wenesday im lead to believe)
Whoa.

Thats poor service. No wonder people shop overseas before even considering shopping locally.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Custom Model Cars - Do they Open Saturdays?

Originally posted by war11x
James
what do you need i have a load of spares
am i correct in thinking you need these for Sunday @ Mingara
let me know what you need
cheers
warwick
War11x thanks dude, yeah i bent a rear arm pin in the suspension housing. Steve is helping me out with it. I'm a little peeved about not being able to get the part i needed easily enough in Syd so i've gone and ordered O'seas and will replace the part of steves' when i get it

Cheers

James
Old 11-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by v0rtex
Whoa.

Thats poor service. No wonder people shop overseas before even considering shopping locally.
wow you guys should pull your head in, CMC is an importer for a number of brands who also has a retail shopfront, they dont open weekends cause they are generally out there doing what we all love RACING. to work out what the best products for everyone to use, and for them to try and import. On the whole CMC do a good job, if you are concerned about not being able to walk into a retail shop then you should be pissed off at your LHS, as they are the ones not stocking the products.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default Xray FK

hi does CMC sell the new Xray Factory kit?? if they do does anyone know how much i can get one for ???

Thanks
Old 11-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Yes CMC sell the Xray Factory Kit as they are the Australian Distributor for Xray..

I think they sell them for $595
Old 11-13-2004, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Besercoe
wow you guys should pull your head in, CMC is an importer for a number of brands who also has a retail shopfront, they dont open weekends cause they are generally out there doing what we all love RACING. to work out what the best products for everyone to use, and for them to try and import. On the whole CMC do a good job, if you are concerned about not being able to walk into a retail shop then you should be pissed off at your LHS, as they are the ones not stocking the products.
Its good that CMC are actively involved with the racing scene, but since i rang a couple of LHS as well they generally don't stock the xray parts but are always only too obliging to get it in for you which really doesn't help you on the day or weekend you need it, asking one of them why don't they stock the parts and the response i got was how do you compete with a distributor \ importer who is also a reseller with a shopfront.

My other view is if that is the path that the distributor \ importer chooses to take with also having a shop then I feel that they need to back it up with having people there on the weekends, i work all week therefore its simply not easy to just take a trip into the shop which leaves weekends as the opportunity to do this.

Fair enough that they are out there racing and being active in racing which leads to their perfessional opinions improving on how some products work and what to do to acheive the best out of them, perhaps having other staff on hand to help out in working the shop in the weekend could be considered. Same goes for another post i saw earlier regard them being closed during that school holiday week for whatever reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.