OFF ROAD VINTAGE at Boondal.

Like Tree262Likes

OFF ROAD VINTAGE at Boondal.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Pm & Invinite Sent.

Hi Oxxy

I sent you a Pm at 2.30 pm with all details. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Mark
Old 05-04-2012, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

HI OXXY
If the track is under water tomorrow we are going to run in car park.if you have worn out tyres they might be good to run in car park.looking forward to meeting you.
Cheers Mario
Old 05-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Had something come up so couldn't get down for the second run, partly though as i couldn't get my batteries charged in time.

That wont be so much of a problem soon

However, thanks to the gents i met down there. If there are any lurkers here considering hitting Boondall, do so. The guys there were really helpful and accommodating, i'll be back for sure

Oh, my little one was stoked, think we have another budding racer in our midst!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Great Time!!!!!

What a great day.

Just got home from a whole day out there. The track just kept getting better & better after 12. That's why it was so hard to leave.

Oxxy it was great meeting you. We were there to 5 thinking you will be back but we will catch up next fortnight for sure,. Glad that your daughter enjoyed it as well.

See you all soon.
Mark
Old 05-08-2012, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Default GRASSHOPPER 2

GRASSHOPPER 2 is ready to race at next meeting.should be fun in stock with silver can motor
Cheers Mario
Old 05-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

check this out tamiya head's he has some gear alright

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/rareinvest...&_trksid=p3686
Old 05-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by alexisonfire
check this out tamiya head's he has some gear alright

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/rareinvest...&_trksid=p3686
Great classic Tamiya Garry!

Here is some info from Tamiya Club on Castle Hill Vintage meeting.

June Long Weekend: 9th and 10th.
Saturday 2wd - Sunday will be 4wd.

More details at: http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...on-events.html

Please READ this post so that you know what is going on at the festival.

Entry fees will be $40 for both days and $30 Dollars for one day and one class per day. IF you are entering more than one class per day - there will be an extra $5 per class entered. This year your entry fee will INCLUDE a famous "Bagguley Banger" gourmet lunch incorporating a sizzling sausage sambo with onion, sauce and corn relish and a can of your favourite soft bevo. (note that this offer is for one lunch only - so if you are there both days - you only get one "free lunch") The BBQ will be running for lunch and also available for our evening meal on Saturday afternoon/night.

******Racing will START at 8am SHARP on BOTH days******

The events to be held on Saturday are:

2wd Stock VINTAGE

2wd Open VINTAGE

2wd Open CLASSIC

Plastic Fantastic

Truck

The events to be held on Sunday are:

4wd Stock VINTAGE

4wd Open VINTAGE

4wd Open CLASSIC

Pipe Frame 4wd

Hotshot

Categories for Vintage racing are:

VINTAGE: Cut off date pre January 1st 1991. 2wd and 4wd classes - open and stock

CLASSIC: from January 1st 1991 through to December 31st 1996.

***Please note that the CLASSIC category cars are OPEN motor only at this time***

Category motor basics:

STOCK - Mabuchi/Johnson 540 ONLY

OPEN - whatever you are mad enough to bolt in - brushed or brushless.

Category Batteries:

Hard case Li-Po only - no exceptions. 7.4 v nominal voltage maximum.

Sub-C cells. 7.2 v nominal voltage maximum

ALL CARS MUST RUN AN ANTENNA TUBE TO ALLOW THE FIXING OF COLOURED FLAGS - just like the good old days!!

Now for some class specific guidelines:

Eligible Truck entries:

This year we are hoping to finally get the truck class off the ground. To do this we are keeping it VERY simple. ANY truck released before December 1996 is eligible to run. The motor for the truck class is open so do what you please. For future events, given enough interest we will split the truck class into Vintage and Classic however to get the numbers happening it is combined for this meeting.

Eligible cars for the PIPE FRAME only class are:

Mugen Bulldog

AYK Viper

Kyosho Gallop

Kyosho Javelin

Hirobo Zerda

The Pipe frame class is strictly 4wd and limited to the above cars only. The motor for this class is the Mabuchi/Johnson RS540. (Same as the stock class). Period modifications are acceptable, however bolting a pipe frame body onto a more modern car does not constitute a Pipe Frame class car. ALL cars must retain a strong resemblance to the original buggy.

Eligible cars for the HOTSHOT Class are:

Hot Shot

Boomerang

Super Shot

Big Wig

Hot Shot II

Super Sabre

The eligible buggies for the Hot Shot class are limited to the above mentioned buggies only. The motor for this class is the Mabuchi/Johnson RS540. (Same as the stock class). Period modifications are acceptable, as is the interchanging of parts between these cars. RE-RELEASED buggies are entirely acceptable in this class. ALL cars must retain a strong resemblance to the original buggy where possible.

Eligible cars for Plastic Fantastic Class:

The list is long so I will dumb it down to the following description as you all pretty much know by now what we have in this class. Any car that was released with fixed camber front and rear. Solid axle buggies like the Hornet and Grasshopper are also included in the class. Basically this class is for all the entry level buggies of the VINTAGE period. Modifications are acceptable; however buggies that have been modified to have adjustable camber will not be allowed to enter.The motor for this class is the Mabuchi/Johnson RS540. (Same as the stock class).

GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR VINTAGE AND CLASSIC:

We now have a VERY clear cut off date for buggies. With this in mind, we will be attempting to ensure that Vintage category buggies are not being unfairly pitted against Classic buggies. Whilst we will never turn anyone away €“ there is clearly a point that we have to turn buggies away from the Vintage category and onto the Classic category. Here is an example:

Lazer ZX is eligible for the Vintage class. However, a Lazer ZX fitted with Lazer ZX-R/ZX-S/Evolution shock towers, chassis, body and other parts is not really playing fair in the Vintage category. For this reason I would ask that competitors look at their buggy and make sure they are playing in the spirit of the category. Period hop ups are fine however fitting late model parts to an older car and calling it an older car isn't really fair. Likewise fitting an original Viper Gold Pan RC10 shell to a B4.1 does not make it Vintage or Classic!! Please look at the attached word documents for a comprehensive list of what cars fit into what category.

The fitting of later model shocks, Wheels and tyres and other small parts are acceptable as sometimes they are simply impossible to find and or maintain. We need to keep the cost of racing a vintage buggy reasonable and I am certainly not going to make it harder for anyone to come and have a go.

If a buggy is clearly more Classic than it is Vintage we will be requesting that the participant move their entry to the Classic category. Everyone deserves a fair go. Don't take this stance as being hard core at all, just want everyone to be on a relatively level playing field. We will look at individual buggy cases should the need arise, as there are too many possibilities for just one document. Just remember that this is meant to be simple and enjoyable and we are racing old cars the sheep stations disappeared a long time ago!!

DRIVING STANDARDS AND ETIQUETTE:

Some people will be well versed on what is expected at a race meeting and others not €“ here is what I expect from people attending Vintage events in NSW that I organise in conjunction with the clubs:

HAVE FUN

NO SWEARING AT THE MARSHALS they didn't crash your car you did!! Its ok to talk loudly to attract their attention (they are probably fixated on the cool vintage buggies) but don't swear or be aggressive towards them. Remember you are a marshall too or will be!!

HAVE FUN

If a faster car is coming up to lap you just move slightly off line - or let them know that you are letting them through. This avoids damage to our precious vintage buggies and allows you, as the slower driver, to learn the lines of the faster driver. Crashing, and taking both of you out, only slows the both of you down - easier to just be courteous.

HAVE FUN

Be ready for your race, the sooner you are ready the sooner we can start giving more free time for everyone!

HAVE FUN

Please don't be aggressive with your driving or other competitors. Erratic driving and or deliberate hacking will result in you being asked to leave the track for that race.

HAVE FUN

Did I mention have fun??

Other generalities for this meeting:

Due to the overwhelming success of free runs at previous events, we will be running expression sessions During the running of the event, at the end of EVERY ROUND of heats, we will be having approximately 10 to 15 minutes (depending on race schedule) of expression session time. Some of the titles for these events are:

"Chainsaw Massacre" All Chain driven buggies 2 or 4wd.

"Heavy Metal" All Monster truck and or Wild Willy style buggies

"Insect Cup" All buggies named after an insect!! Pretty self explanatory!

"Beach-combers" All beach buggy/Sand Rail style buggies preferably scale looking.

"Drag Queen" Potential special event at the end of the cay where the fastest time will be recorded over a set distance. The winner will receive a prize. Open to all cars.

We will be having approximately 5 minutes between each race as there are lots of us running multiple classes. If we can push that along and do it faster we will as it will only add more time for expression sessions and the BBQ at the end of the day.

On Sunday evening we will present the trophies for Concourse. Concourse will consist of ENTRANTS CHOICE ONLY. This means that no single person will be picking the winners. A sheet will be required to be filled out with the concourse entrants name and car type listed. The winner of concourse will be the car with the MOST votes. There will be TWO categories for Concourse:

1) "Best Racer" - the best looking car that has actually run and raced over the weekend in at least one entire race - a "parade lap" does not count as a runner.

2) "Shelf Queen" - the best buggy that has been built for display only. It goes without saying that the cars must be eligible to fit in one of the two categories we have €“ VINTAGE and CLASSIC. That means that the cars considered eligible for concourse must have been released before December 1996.

******PLEASE NOTE: IF we have less than 5 entries for any given class 2 weeks before the event, we will have to cancel that class*******

I really hope that you can all understand the guidelines and more importantly see just how simple I am trying to make these meetings to enjoy yourself.

More details on the specific timings of races and their finer details will come in following posts.

No doubt you will have questions, so please fire away. This is surely going to be the biggest vintage meeting ever held in Australia, please come along and be part of the VENOM INTERNATIONAL CASTLE HILL VINTAGE BUGGY FESTIVAL.

ELECTRONIC on-line entries will be opened up soon via the Castle Hill Clubs on line facility.
http://www.alycat.com/AlycatRC/WebSi...riesSetup.html

http://www.tamiyaclu...me=O40908J8.jpg
Old 05-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Default GRASSHOPPER 2

SINCE TAMIYA IS THE SUBJECT FOR TODAY THIS IS GRASHOPPER 2 READY TO RUN ON SATURDAY WITH SILVER CAN! IT GOING TO BE GREAT THERE IS GOING TO BE 6 OF THEM ON TRACK
Attached Thumbnails OFF ROAD VINTAGE at Boondal.-sam_0308.jpg   OFF ROAD VINTAGE at Boondal.-sam_0309.jpg  
Old 05-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up running Sat!!

yep great stuff.

See you all in the morning
Old 05-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

Default Nice to meet up

Hi Guys

Was nice to meet you guys today
My brother and I have been talking about going out to Boondall for a while but only just got there today. Last time there was about 20yrs ago
Thanks for all the info on the cars today and I look forward to getting some vintage cars on the track real soon.

Looking forward to the next time
Old 05-19-2012, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Plastic Fantastic = Great old times!!!

Originally Posted by fastatfrog
Hi Guys

Was nice to meet you guys today
My brother and I have been talking about going out to Boondall for a while but only just got there today. Last time there was about 20yrs ago
Thanks for all the info on the cars today and I look forward to getting some vintage cars on the track real soon.

Looking forward to the next time
What a pleasure to meet you both. Will be good to have a run with you guys.

The Frog's were hoping along very fast indeed and the Brat of Darren's. We all had a ball with them and I think Mario is buying one after today.

Perfect weather & a great little track.

Pics of Today..

Old 05-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Default PHOTO"S

Nice photo's Mark .Silver can was a success every body had a lot of fun with their FROG'S BRAT AND GRASSHOPPER.it was great all of them hopping around the track!

Cheers Mario
Old 05-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Is this a suitable charger gents?

www .xheli.com/imb6dimubach .html

Forgive the broken URL, i cant post working links apparently.

If it is I have found cheaper places to buy it, though that site has more information on this model.

cheers!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Before you do any shopping for Chargers, electronics etc have a look at an AUSTRALIAN website doing great prices: http://www.redstarhobbies.com/li-po-chargers/

This one in particular is awesome value and has been selling really well: http://www.redstarhobbies.com/produc...er-supply.html

Have a look at the tools - they are great quality for the price - I have been using them for months now......do the job at an amazing price.

Check out the planes and boats as well - heaps of value at great prices.

And Yes - we are Australian - we are part of the VENOM Group Australia....

We will have alot more products coming over the next few months - keep your eyes peeled!!

Cheers

Darryn
Old 05-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up AC/DC Charger!

Thanks Darryn for the link.

I'm pretty sure Oxxy is after a AC/DC charger after we were talking to him on Sat.

Can you reccomend a AC/DC charger?

Thanks
Mark

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.