Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
OFF ROAD VINTAGE at Boondal. >

OFF ROAD VINTAGE at Boondal.

Like Tree262Likes

OFF ROAD VINTAGE at Boondal.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Mark! I knew you'd come through for me.
That's pretty much spot on. I've bought from 2key before too and he's excellent.

I have no idea of how legal they'll be for vintage, but strangely don't seem to care either

That Progress looks superb, by the way. One of these days I'm going to have to head past and check out the rest of your collection. You've posted some pretty awesome cars lately.

Cheers,
Dean
Old 04-12-2013, 03:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Capt_Splatt
Hi Paris,
Gotta say that I my Buffalo has proven to be one of my favorite cars to drive. But driving it has to remain a special treat, because I'm too scared I might break something.
It handles a bit like a fox, but nicer (IMO), especially if you can get decent rear tyres onto it. Mine was missing the bumper, like yours, when i first ran it. This was probably a mistake, because any sort of nose down landing resulted int he chassis rails digging into the dirt and stopping the car dead. Not a good look at all.

Hi Capt Splatt,

Trust me, I'd more than love to get the AYK to a run/race car, and tbh that was the intention when i purchased it in the first place.. And your words of praise make it even harder to part with

But my collection of vintage R/C cars (mostly models that I have previosly run) is growing all the time, and the fact that along with off road cars, it also includes about 15 on road R/C race cars from the early 90's, makes it difficult to expand too much. I should also note that I have a small collection of real (1:1) race cars (a few 90's homologated Gp.N1 and Gp.A nissans), and race mod 2/4 and SCT at all the AARCMCC aust events that I can.. So even with a very understanding gf, that does race R/C herself, a line must be drawn somewhere (somewhat deformed already..lol )

But how good is it to see vintage/historic R/C really starting to take off!! *
Old 04-12-2013, 04:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just so the kiddies at home know what Paris and I are singing the virtues of.

I'm hearing you on the ever expanding pile if you don't part with them. I've only got around 10 on-roaders, with my newest being an original Corrally C4.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Action shot

Nice action shot Dean who took the photo? It would be worth the trip up here to see Mark's collection .
Cheers Mario
Old 04-12-2013, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Horse Power
Nice action shot Dean who took the photo? It would be worth the trip up here to see Mark's collection .
Cheers Mario
I thinks its a Rizzo special, however I could be wrong. I just dug it out of one of the old Vintage Festival threads. Took me ages to find it (But I loved going through the old banter).

I was actually just up at the Gold Coast 2 weeks ago, but I couldn't get a chance to get away from the family for long enough to catch up with you guys.

There's always next time. Only thing that will change is the collection will get bigger.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Epic pic Capt!

As for the C4.. I'm sure a little vintage thread hijacking will be accepted?... I have 2 of them myself, as I drove for HEI/Corally/M-tronics back in '99 when they first came out, and was the second driver in the 1-2 finish by Ari and myself in mod at the '99 Summer nationals, and also at the MECA series that year.

My nats C4 is a standard layout gold chassis, and my other is the offset layout purple euro car.. Those things defined overengineering! Running all the Serpent 8th scale suspension items.. So tuff!

My most recent on road find was an NIB TA03R-S TRF.. And back on topic, most recent off roader being a NIB Marui MX486i 4wd
Old 04-12-2013, 05:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Also since we are on topic.. I just found a box of 40 new white and black Yokomo YZ10 4 bolt rims here. Anyone in need?
Old 04-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Paris, did I read right that you have a 1:1 group A touring car?
Old 04-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Redzone, yeah mate I do. But It's mostly a new build now, unfortunatly the original shell was a right off. It's not complete as yet. Although it does have a genuine Nismo built dry sump 54C SR20 JTCC engine, and getrag 6speed box. Along with the correct adjustable rear end, blade adjustable sway bars and front alloy subframes.

My N1 C4 class car is complete and totally original though, and is certified by Nissan Motorsports as one of the 7 built as homologated for Group N1 racing in japan. It was owned by the Dijon/5zigen/falken team that won the championship in 98-99 till 2005 and is sister car to the championship winner that now resides in the Nissan 'DNA' museum

We also have a very rare late Aussie muscle car. One of 3

Love my cars and motorsport mate!!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

Ah ok, I have a dohc gemini that was raced in group a in aus. Under restoration at the moment & sorting out cams certification. What is the group a car? Jtcc primera by the sounds?

Edit: getrag suggests rwd, s13 maybe?

What happened to the original shell? Do you still have it? Having the non original shell devalues it so much that you could spend $30000 fixing a toasted original to retain it's eligibility...
Old 04-13-2013, 03:16 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tamiya's finest!!!

I've always wanted one of these...

Last edited by Dynastorm Man; 04-13-2013 at 03:18 AM. Reason: no photo
Old 04-13-2013, 03:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by redzone
Ah ok, I have a dohc gemini that was raced in group a in aus. Under restoration at the moment & sorting out cams certification. What is the group a car? Jtcc primera by the sounds?

Edit: getrag suggests rwd, s13 maybe?

What happened to the original shell? Do you still have it? Having the non original shell devalues it so much that you could spend $30000 fixing a toasted original to retain it's eligibility...

Those Gemini's were awesome little cars, and punched well above their weight too! Your very privileged to have the complete car too!

Unfortunately the Gp.A shell was destroyed in Japan many years ago, and the running gear and chassis sections put away as spares. But since it was a complete set, it was too good to let get parted out, so was offered for sale as a mechanical package. The car was a P10 primera JTCC car, but was only raced officially (booked) twice, and was then relegated to T-car duties back when those were allowed.

At the moment the running gear has has gone into one of my N15 Nissan Pulsar shells, as they are identical except for outer panels to the P10. I will run it in, and get it all mechanically perfected in that, while waiting for a P10 GP.A shell (BTCC/JTCC/STW/ITC) to come onto the market.. And don't stress, though, it's no normal Pulsar, with well over $100k sunk into it.. lol

But it's only a play car really, my GP. N1/C4 car is my true collector, and already insured and valued at far, far more than it owes me

You going to run at the island classic when yours is done? I've made sure all my documentation on the N1 car is correct for it's eligibility once the time/age comes.. Can't wait!

Oh, and the getrag is only a transaxel case really, full Quaife/Hollinger internals.

..sorry for the WAYYY off topic here guys.. My bad!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

lol yes it's all good we go off topic here all the time!

Yep the plan is to do probably one interstate meet a year when she's done, and philip island is one of the best tracks in aus so i'd definitely like to go. It's still a long way off done though as i'm sidetracked with another project, and have to sell my widebody starion to pay for the gem's bodywork!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

If I had the space & money I would by your wide body Starion Dave. What a nice example you have there.

This pic is for Darrin, You know these are next on your list. ( Action pic's from Buggy Boy ,Ian)

Old 04-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRacer
If I had the space & money I would by your wide body Starion Dave. What a nice example you have there.

This pic is for Darrin, You know these are next on your list.

DAM YOU MADRACER!!!!
I was content with my small collection of r/c's(well sort of) I just get a Super Hotshot then you had to go and put these two particular pic's up of the best action shot of an Avante i've seen and the Bigwig, your killin' me mate

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.