Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree19Likes

Castle Hill RC Onroad

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good afternoon all. The call was put out to the Mini drivers, and you guys responded with an epic number of 10 mini entries! It's heartening to see what is hopefully a beginning of a revival of a fun class, something on road needs to share in healthy numbers for the sport/hobby.

Not only did the Mini drivers turn out on the night, it was good to see familiar faces in all classes, along with a few newcomers both close & from afar.
The Castle Hill club is very thankful of your support, and not just in numbers alone. Listening to what members & visitors say on the night in regards to what they would like to see in racing, is something the club as a whole can, and will try to learn from, to make your racing experience as enjoyable as possible.

The trialing of the earlier start time resulted in positive feed back, and allowed for an additional heat across all classes on the night. This is something the club will endeavour to continue in the future to give racers more racing on the night.
Next week, racing will start at the usual time of 7:30pm.

As a reminder, if you're thinking of entering in two or more classes on the night, your 2nd, or more if you're keen enough entry/entries are free, which means you only have to pay for your first entry on the night.

It was great to see a couple of very special, and dear friends last night with broad smiles on their faces. Seeing people smiling, and enjoying themselves is something that is always a good thing, which is one of the many reasons why all of us enjoy our favourite pastime.

We do wish to apologise for a technical glitch that happened during the night which affected a couple of classes, the club thanks you for your understanding and, we're aware of the issue & will try to get it rectified as soon as possible to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Results for the night can be viewed here

Looking forward to seeing you all again next week, until then, take care and stay safe.
Rob.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Compilation video of the racing from Friday 12th May 2017, more videos to follow soon.
Hope you all enjoy it, and as always, thanks for watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMces1g6ZsU

Regards.

Rob.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Video of the Mini final from Friday 12th May 2017.
Hope you enjoy it, and thanks for watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3tykM9vq30&t=76s

Regards.

Rob.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

Video of the F1 Final from Friday 12th May 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqr0HCxs-Ho

Video of the 21.5 B final from Friday 12th May 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDyhXN1mVrs

Video of the Stock final from Friday 12th May 2017.
Hope you enjoy it and thanks for watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcPXSOqUINY

Regards.

Rob.
oldnwise likes this.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:05 PM
Tech Rookie

G'day guys just move to the area! looking to race on Friday night but not so sure about Gearing for the track, will be looking to run 21.5t blinky mode on a xray t4 as newbie in rc game, anyhow was tried out the car in the parking lot with 64p 108 spur " standard spur from the kit" and use 30 pinion i got FDR 6.84!! but seem like my car are very slow, maybe too slow to race, so i'm thinking of buying some smaller spur and bigger pinion, according to my budget i can't go all out, but wondering what you guy's FDR for 21.5t blinky mode, hope u guys can help me out i prob can get 2-3 spurs and 2-3 pinions to start off, looking forward to race friday night

Regards,

TJ
Old 05-23-2017, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hope to see you soon TJ! 21.5 TC is great fun!

This really depends on your type of motor but most guys are running 3.5< or less. What works for one guy may not work for another. I generally have heard guys use between 3.2-3.5 but as noted depends on the motor and your driving style. If you have these ranges you should be competitive enough! What motor do you have?
Old 05-23-2017, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GolfR
G'day guys just move to the area! looking to race on Friday night but not so sure about Gearing for the track, will be looking to run 21.5t blinky mode on a xray t4 as newbie in rc game, anyhow was tried out the car in the parking lot with 64p 108 spur " standard spur from the kit" and use 30 pinion i got FDR 6.84!! but seem like my car are very slow, maybe too slow to race, so i'm thinking of buying some smaller spur and bigger pinion, according to my budget i can't go all out, but wondering what you guy's FDR for 21.5t blinky mode, hope u guys can help me out i prob can get 2-3 spurs and 2-3 pinions to start off, looking forward to race friday night

Regards,

TJ
Hi Tj

6.8 fdr for 21.5 is way to high, you need to be around the 3.00--3.5 depending on what motor you have ( others may wish t o chime in here ) we are not racing this Friday due to a race meeting in Canberra this weekend but will be back racing 2/6/2017 so come & make yourself know & I'm sure we will be able to point you in the right direction, also look at the castle hill on road page on f/b as more people tend to go there these days, just asked any question & people will gladly help out, see you at the track

graham
Old 05-23-2017, 07:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanx Graham, i really appreciated your reply, as i said i only got the spur that comes with the Kit so i gave it ago go, now that u've mention what FDR i need to be, i can get the some spur gears and pinions to much around! def will have the car ready by 2/6/2017, looking forward to to join the friday night race! thanx you once again Graham!!

regards,

TJ
Old 05-23-2017, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Thanx Graham, i really appreciated your reply, as i said i only got the spur that comes with the Kit so i gave it ago go, now that u've mention what FDR i need to be, i can get the some spur gears and pinions to much around! def will have the car ready by 2/6/2017, looking forward to to join the friday night race! thanx you once again Graham!!

regards,

TJ
Hi,

Seeing you have an Xray, if you know what size 48p spur you need, PM me with the size & you're full name & address & I'll send you one if I have it, no charge
Old 05-27-2017, 07:09 AM
Tech Rookie

i got Reedy Sonic 21.5t will try to get the some spurs and pinions but still confused which 1 for FDR 3.20 - 3.50 as if i got too small pinion and too small spur it maybe push back the motor and hit the top deck!! haha still newbie with low budget, just just trying to keep it at FDR 3.50 to start without modifications! def see you guys there, all the best at ACT for those who went, sounds fun

Originally Posted by Djchow85
Hope to see you soon TJ! 21.5 TC is great fun!

This really depends on your type of motor but most guys are running 3.5< or less. What works for one guy may not work for another. I generally have heard guys use between 3.2-3.5 but as noted depends on the motor and your driving style. If you have these ranges you should be competitive enough! What motor do you have?
Old 05-27-2017, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Best to check the thread for your model of touring car to see best gear combos
Old 05-27-2017, 07:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you you're very kind, but right now i still don't know which spur that will fit without push motor all the way back hit the top deck! maybe 70 spur and 38 pinion? any recommendations for FDR 3.2-3.5?

Originally Posted by Brokin Racing
Hi,

Seeing you have an Xray, if you know what size 48p spur you need, PM me with the size & you're full name & address & I'll send you one if I have it, no charge
Old 05-27-2017, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Thank you you're very kind, but right now i still don't know which spur that will fit without push motor all the way back hit the top deck! maybe 70 spur and 38 pinion? any recommendations for FDR 3.2-3.5?
68spur & 39pinion will give you 3.31FDR (or about 59.6 rollout) which will be a good "start" point, then change to suit temp & track
Old 05-27-2017, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Here's a spur gear that will fit your Xray. It has a recess machined in the side of it needed to fit on an xray, along with hole placement to match up the spur gear holder.
They do online shopping, and also have a shop at Castle Hill which is not that far away from the CH showground.

68 Tooth 48 Pitch Xray Spur (Rw480068X)

Regards.

Rob.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you happen to have an Android phone then download the app from the Play store called RC FDR rollout, it's a free app and will give you all the final drive ratios for your car, very handy to have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.