Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree19Likes

Castle Hill RC Onroad

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 04:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had what could best be described as a pretty mixed bag of racing last night. After smoking my motor in 21.5 last week (same gearing / timing for the past couple of months - still scratching my head wondering why), I dropped in an old Reedy I had and after doing some practice and swapping gear ratios until I was happy with the performance and motor temp (63C). Five minutes before I was to race I thought to myself, "you know what, it's hot and it's a long race so I might just back off the timing a few degrees and let the motor run a little cooler still." As you all saw, not five minutes into the race the motor let out the magic smoke. I was devastated. I couldn't give a toss about losing an old motor but I was letting my team mates down big time. We probably lost 60 laps due to that failure. Then in the final my transponder didn't register and so I recorded NO laps for the final heat of 21.5 yet I was out there the whole time, probably got lapped two or three times, but I was out there. You could say that after the motor failure, the transponder not working was the icing on the cake.

A BIG thank you to Greg Cribben who loaned me a motor despite my recent efforts, to enable me to continue racing for the night. I really appreciate it Greg

Next season has got to b better

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope Santa has been to the best hobby stores and will fill your Christmas stockings with all sorts of rc related presents.

See you all next year.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Just a report on the trip north for the Xmas Cup at Long Jetty, we had 3 attendees,Trevor,Allan and myself.
The results if F1 were 1 Allan, 2 Bob and 3 Trevor,I managed to TQ but the 2 year old Reedy went slower as the day got longer. Allan had the drive of his career with 1 win and 2 seconds. Trevor spent the whole practice session pulling the front end apart and reassembling it so for racing he decided to use his lightweight tyres which in the end got him 1 win and 2 thirds. After a good qualifying session I was going slower and slower but manage a win a second and third in the finals.
The track was great to drive on but you had to be very patient when it came to improving your position, all in all it was a great afternoon and the boy's stepped up to the plate.

On a side note for those of you that care it was Tamiya 1,2,3, and Top 4,
we will be hoping to keep this scoring rate up next year if Santa is able to supply lots of new speed for us, till next time we meet be safe and have a great Christmas and New Year

Bob
Old 12-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default How Good are you

So the three biggest kids all got a trophy at another clubs xmas race
well done
Bet Allans smile was huge and he deserves a win as well.
Ill bet his smile hit both side of the mini

Tony....we are mates running as a team don't sweat it
For the help you've given Jeff and I and our auxiliary back up parts supply that you share willingly your a great mate .

i didnt even notice that it was scoring laps so i should have spotted it
Old 12-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The A team had a great Friday night racing.

Thanks to Chris, Alan, Luke and Michael for putting in a sterling effort.

Unfortunately reliability/experience was our weak point on the night. Alan's F1 went like clock work, while the touring cars experienced everything from a broken belt, popping ball cups, broken c hubs, king pins dropping out and cramping driver arms.

Coxy summed it up nicely, " the enduro race is like about 3 months racing. The experience gained from the failures, the successes all happens in one nights racing." How very true!

Thanks to Trevor, Linda and everyone else who help with the organisation on the night and every Friday.

Hope you all have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

See you in the new year.
Dean, Luke and Fred
Old 12-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fredp1
The A team had a great Friday night racing.

Thanks to Chris, Alan, Luke and Michael for putting in a sterling effort.

Unfortunately reliability/experience was our weak point on the night. Alan's F1 went like clock work, while the touring cars experienced everything from a broken belt, popping ball cups, broken c hubs, king pins dropping out and cramping driver arms.

Coxy summed it up nicely, " the enduro race is like about 3 months racing. The experience gained from the failures, the successes all happens in one nights racing." How very true!

Thanks to Trevor, Linda and everyone else who help with the organisation on the night and every Friday.

Hope you all have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

See you in the new year.
Dean, Luke and Fred
My car felt like it was a bit slow at the end of my final stint, looked at it today and sure enough my belt had come off the front diff! Glad I have a few weeks now to rebuild the front end!
Old 12-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by evochick
Yep all the above It, was good fun, I don't think there was hint of seriousness all night,
Jack did a fantastic job in novice driving a F103GT !!! probably one of the hardest cars to drive on a slightly dusty track like last night...

all our drivers put in some fast and consistent times early on top us back in top 3 hunt, but I miscounted from what Trevor said and I thought we still had a lap up our sleave when Rob passed me at the start of the last 5 min, oh well... To be only a few seconds behind the top 3 after 3 hours was still a great recovery.

looking forward to the next enduro

Beth.
Yes I was under the same impression. I would say it reminds me of the race in the Le Mans 24hr where the GT40's setup a finish of 1 2 but because of the timing the number 2 car won over the line yet it was behind on the track. Wrong car won DOH!

Coxy.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well, that was a fun rebuild today after the enduro, one of my bearings had exploded into about 8 pieces!

All ready to rock and roll for the 10th!
Old 12-23-2013, 03:51 AM
MM1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by casabonka
Well, that was a fun rebuild today after the enduro, one of my bearings had exploded into about 8 pieces!

All ready to rock and roll for the 10th!
Add a broken rear belt, snapped turnbuckle!

All good though.

Nice drive in the enduro Chris.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Last Friday was sensational!! Not an ideal night for me but that's racing.

Thanks to Dean, Rob and Nutter for putting up with me on the night, 'twas the best I had....

An extra thanks for last Friday to the Cribbins for taking Brock under your wing, he enjoyed it and I think he learnt that little bit more too.

Overall for our first year (3 months) I have to thank almost everyone! The way you guys and girls have welcomed Brock is first rate! Special mention though to Andrew & Jeffrey Mackie, Trevor & Linda, Nutter, Rob, Dean and Noel. I'm sure I've forgotten some people however I'm terrible with names. Lol

We hope everyone has an awesome Christmas and a safe Festive season with your loved ones....

I'm pretty sure Walters will get at least one visit before racing starts again for 2014!!
Old 12-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Thanks Andrew M..... Hope to return asap

Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas

and a Happy New Year
Old 12-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just like to wish everyone the best for Xmas and a Happy New Year not long and we will be back racing again.

Noel
Old 12-24-2013, 03:07 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Default Merry Christmas

Linda and I would like to thank everyone that has supported us this year and hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and safe New Year and see you all in 2014.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oline & I would like to wish everyone a merry & safe Christmas, along with a happy new year. We both would like to thank everyone for being wonderful friends to the both of us, and look forward to seeing everyone again next year.

We both wonder who will have been good boys & girls throughout the year to receive a visit from the jolly man in a red suit.

Cheers
Rob & Oline.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

A great year has passed and a new class for 2014 is on. So what rollout for a Reedy Mach2 21.5?
Old 12-26-2013, 01:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Wood
A great year has passed and a new class for 2014 is on. So what rollout for a Reedy Mach2 21.5?
Just checked the old car start around 62, with about 40 Degree timing.

Last edited by Richards Racing; 12-28-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.