Do you have what it takes??? 1/10 Lemans Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you have what it takes??? 1/10 Lemans Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 03:11 AM
Tech Adept

the electrics have nochance! if the last bathurst race was an indication there is going to be major carnage in the first bend and first few laps....nitro car versus an electric head on?! WINNER = NITRO! i recon a few electrics will be, *ehem* bumped of.
beware the killer mini,my mini has taken down monster trucks without merely a scratch.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Going All Way

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
the electrics have nochance! if the last bathurst race was an indication there is going to be major carnage in the first bend and first few laps....nitro car versus an electric head on?! WINNER = NITRO! i recon a few electrics will be, *ehem* bumped of.
Well maybe majority of the drivers will realise that being first into the first corner when it is a 2.4 hour long race isn't so important, myself and my team might not even put a car on the track for qualifying, thus we start at the rear and drive past all the idiots at the first corner.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The idea of a proper Lemans start is to avoid the first corner carnage.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Do you have what it takes??? 1/10 Lemans Official Thread

Originally posted by soc123_au
I think there is a good chance an EP car will take this out. The only advantage a GP car will have is it is much quicker to dump in 75mls of fuel than it is to change a battery.
Although I also thought an EP car would win the drag night(he says as he gazes at the grand champion trophy on the tele )

In all seriousness this should be a great test against drivers & machines, with the added bonus of being a truck load of fun.
Yeah I thought it would be a good match too but the constant acceleration of the nitro had us beat.

the electrics have nochance!
I doubt that... mayb you are not there yet but every race meet I have been to with elec and nitro have seen 27t EP cars do better lap times than open nitro. This includes open tracks like mingara.

EP would have to run brushless, a brushed motor wouldnt last that long pack after pack, smell those melted brushes
I think a more conservative gearing on a V2 will go the distance and be fast. I run a few meets on my 10x1 and it hardly needs any work. I also have a "cooling system" for elec motors that can be topped up with battery changes.

I have a few chargers so having packs ready on time would be easy.

The weakness is approx 20sec to change a batt versus about 3secs to top up the fuel tank.

I will do my best to get into this event.. it will be great fun.....
Old 10-25-2004, 04:29 PM
Roo
Tech Master

Default Le Mans Entry Forms Available

Entry forms are now available from the website

www.pdnracing.org.au

Remember only 20 spots available, first in best dressed...remember you need to have paid to secure your spot!

See you all there!
Old 10-27-2004, 02:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default the whos who

it seems from the talk about town that this is going to be the big one of the year and that little old PDNR race way might be in for some serious racers pushing us locals a bit harder than we are used to....great for us....cant wait personally i think it will be a great night...
Old 10-27-2004, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

I still cant believe I knocked back a Factory Ride
Old 10-27-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default surprise surprise surprise (gomer pile)

how many times do they say opportunity knocks.....im a bit disapointed, brotherly love and all . i guess i will just have to wave as we drive past. lots of auswides though. .should look fantastic all that fluro green and white.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: surprise surprise surprise (gomer pile)

Originally posted by MAXX_BASHER
how many times do they say opportunity knocks.....im a bit disapointed, brotherly love and all . i guess i will just have to wave as we drive past. lots of auswides though. .should look fantastic all that fluro green and white.
Yeah wave as you drive past and then Im sure the favour will be returned by many, when you forget to take the next corner and the marshall is carrying your wreck back.

Old 10-28-2004, 03:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

thats alright maxx seen ur co drivers in action and u cant drive for longer than 10 mins on ur own so we will be driving past our fellow team mates waving. would be good to see auswide 123
Old 10-28-2004, 03:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Marshalling tactics will be good to see.

Cars dropped on the deck waiting to be collected by their respective pit bitches.

I will love watching it from my deck chair and esky!!!!

The OX.

Shame the 950r cant run.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Maxx is good for at least 20, any more than that hasnt really been tested. That may be why he is playing on the dark side
Old 10-30-2004, 02:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default HURRY UP!!

Better get your entries in , this is one race you definately won't be able to enter in the last week or on the day as the entries are starting to come in.

So be quick or get the flick!
Old 10-31-2004, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Default Electrics

Last edited by splitty; 07-12-2016 at 01:00 AM.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default 20 minute MAXX

Thanks for the defence Soc. im not going to comment other than that. there will be enough opportunity for talking after the enduro.
good luck to all who are entering as it seems there could well and truley be some high flyers in amongst us. the more the merrier i say.
dare i say it...alright i will...GO TEAMSSSS AUSWIDES...

CHEERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.