Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Hitec servo repairs for Australia..where to send >

Hitec servo repairs for Australia..where to send

Hitec servo repairs for Australia..where to send

Old 07-14-2011, 07:27 PM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Australia
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default Hitec servo repairs for Australia..where to send

Where is everyone sending their Hitec servo’s for repair.
I read on Hitec web site to send it to Australian agent “model engines”,they sent it back to me saying they don’t deal with the public.
RustyOne is offline  
Old 07-14-2011, 09:25 PM
  #2  
SH
Tech Addict
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NSW AUS
Posts: 711
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Model Engines are indeed the Australian agent for Hitec, perhaps phone them & let them know your issue?
SH is offline  
Old 07-14-2011, 09:56 PM
  #3  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Australia
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SH View Post
Model Engines are indeed the Australian agent for Hitec, perhaps phone them & let them know your issue?
i already did that via email before i posted it.
RustyOne is offline  
Old 07-14-2011, 10:52 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
mtbkym01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Oz
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

I sent back to hitecRcd in the US. Model Engines are a joke who deal with toys
mtbkym01 is offline  
Old 07-15-2011, 12:17 AM
  #5  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Australia
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mtbkym01 View Post
I sent back to hitecRcd in the US. Model Engines are a joke who deal with toys
While i was waiting on a reply i emailed model engines again asking where can i send it for repairs.
They replied send it to “model engines” Aust.
Just running around in circles with that mob.
Looks like i’m going to have to send it to the U.S. So much for buying forum used shit.
RustyOne is offline  
Old 07-15-2011, 12:53 AM
  #6  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
BBQboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I have had problems with hitec for years. Then found savox servos are heaps better and cheap. So if i was you get rid of them.
BBQboy is offline  
Old 07-15-2011, 01:13 AM
  #7  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Australia
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BBQboy View Post
I have had problems with hitec for years. Then found savox servos are heaps better and cheap. So if i was you get rid of them.
That reply is totally irrelevant when a servo has only been used once
RustyOne is offline  
Old 07-15-2011, 01:24 AM
  #8  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (19)
 
benno_544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mildura
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

my local hobbie shop can order all the indiviual parts. if you would like i can order some for you sand send them over.
benno_544 is offline  
Old 07-15-2011, 01:57 AM
  #9  
SH
Tech Addict
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NSW AUS
Posts: 711
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RustyOne View Post
While i was waiting on a reply i emailed model engines again asking where can i send it for repairs.
They replied send it to “model engines” Aust.
Just running around in circles with that mob.
Looks like i’m going to have to send it to the U.S. So much for buying forum used shit.
Ask who you need to mark it attention too, they are not exactly a small operation so you need to be sure the right people get it.
SH is offline  
Old 07-15-2011, 03:16 AM
  #10  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
shanef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 1,907
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Send it to Hitec america and be done with it. You'll need to download the form on this page - http://hitecrcd.com/support/warranty-service/index.html. You will probably need to get a copy of the original invoice and attach to the warranty request form though.

I've run Hitec's for the past 18month's and had 3 fail, Hitec have replaced them with new one's on each occasion (i had 2x 7940's fail and after the 2nd one i asked for a 7945 instead and they did that no problem). All you pay for is shipping. Usually takes a month from the time you send it til the time you get it back.
shanef is offline  
Old 07-15-2011, 04:30 AM
  #11  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Australia
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by shanef View Post
Send it to Hitec america and be done with it. You'll need to download the form on this page - http://hitecrcd.com/support/warranty-service/index.html. You will probably need to get a copy of the original invoice and attach to the warranty request form though.

I've run Hitec's for the past 18month's and had 3 fail, Hitec have replaced them with new one's on each occasion (i had 2x 7940's fail and after the 2nd one i asked for a 7945 instead and they did that no problem). All you pay for is shipping. Usually takes a month from the time you send it til the time you get it back.
original invoice...can't do that.
Purchased here on this forum.If they want to charge me then nothing i can do about it even though it only got used once by the previous owner which won't offer a receipt so i can claim under warranty.
RustyOne is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.