Wiki Posts
Search

Postage rates/services from the US

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Postage rates/services from the US

iv been looking at buying a roller or RTR kit from the US and just wanted some advice fromt he forum on what postage rates i should be expecting, which carrier or type of service everyone recommends or any other hints or advice you guys might have about buying OS.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

postage rates vary based on weight and who you buy it from.

Best thing to do is to just add it to your cart and go to checkout. It'll give you a price for postage before you have to pay. You may need to set up an account though.

I've only ever done the cheapest postage offered and received the parcel in about a week. The longest I've waited was about 3 weeks but that was over the Christmas/New Years period.

My US based stores of choice are amainhobbies and towerhobbies almost exclusively but have used liquidrc for small items as they have $1 shipping (though the items are a bit more expensive then the above two).

With the exchange rate as it is, you'll find that even with the shipping charge you'll make a massive saving.

Oh, I forgot to mention that towerhobbies are a little more expensive than amainhobbies but have a good voucher system, so discounts can generally cover the shipping fee.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

i see that the most popularly provided service from the sites is USPS International shipping, which varies from US$65 to $105, im wondering if this is just the charges that sites charge. Has anyone got any advice for sending something purchased from a private seller?
Old 06-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/welcome.htm
Old 06-11-2011, 07:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I remember when I bought my SC8e the UPS Freight was $180 (heavy bastard!) for 4 day delivery but it still worked out $300 cheaper than local.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

iv seen that USPS priority international mail is the best value option, depends on weight and/or size obviously, it ships in 6-10 business days so that sounds ok for what im after. Thanks for help guys......