Nitro Nats

Old 09-29-2004, 04:03 AM
Tech Addict

Default 1/8

the track is short desinged for 1/10 scale and is being planned and will be done shortly lengthening the main straight but i have run my 1/8 veteq around track and not suited for them cars.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:54 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: 1/8

Originally posted by aussie racer
the track is short desinged for 1/10 scale and is being planned and will be done shortly lengthening the main straight but i have run my 1/8 veteq around track and not suited for them cars.
then at this stage its NOT suitable for the IC nationals because 1/8th and 235mm wide bodies are inclusive of the IC national championship
maybe by the time NSW turn comes back around again to host the IC nationals ( in around 4/5 years time)
who knows what tracks will be avalible (and what class/classes will be the flavour of the month then)
At the moment seperating tourers from 1/8th and 235mm just because they are getting the most entires is like saying lets just run a seperate national event for stock racing because 27 turn stock draws more numbers then all other electric classes put togeather
Old 10-01-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Saturday ---> Isolated morning showers. Increasing sunny periods in the afternoon. Light south to southwest winds, moderate to fresh along the coast at first, turning light south to southeast in the afternoon. Dangerous surf conditions likely.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Any news from the track today?
Old 10-02-2004, 06:50 AM
FF
Tech Rookie

Qualifying was run into tonight under floodlights..... Finished around 10pm. 4 rounds were run and Rick Bartolozzi TQ`d in both 1/8th and Nitro Tourers. Dallas Gardiner TQ`d in 235.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nats results.

8th scale

1) Chris Reade - NSW
2) Leigh Snowy Dytor - NSW
3) Alex Green - QLD

200mm

1) Simon Camilleri - SA
2) Craig Hawkins - NSW
3) Darren Campbell - NSW

235mm

1) Simon Nicholson - NSW?
2) Jake Zarb - ???
3) Greg Brooks - ???

Congrats to all

Cheers Alastair
Old 10-03-2004, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Heya Guys.

Big congrats to Simon Camilleri!!!! He really deserves this one!!!

Glenn
Old 10-03-2004, 03:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by quozl
Nats results.

8th scale

1) Chris Reade - NSW
2) Leigh Snowy Dytor - NSW
3) Alex Green - QLD

200mm

1) Simon Camilleri - SA
2) Craig Hawkins - NSW
3) Darren Campbell - NSW

235mm

1) Simon Nicholson - NSW?
2) Jake Zarb - ???
3) Greg Brooks - ???

Congrats to all

Cheers Alastair

Jake and Greg are NSW Also
Old 10-04-2004, 03:37 AM
Tech Addict

Default simon

congratulations definetly goes to simon for the 200mm win he has to be one of or actually now the best nitro tourer driver in oz.go hard
Old 10-04-2004, 01:52 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

All in all a great Nat's, congratulations go to the club for the way they coped with very trying weather.
I still feel the track is better suited to the larger cars than 200mm and this is not just because I had two .12s blow up. It's just too big and fast for them.
As for the use of VHT, again I don't see the argument that it helps reduce tyre wear as valid, the amount of rubber that had to be trued off the tyres was rediculous so what's the difference between wearing the tyres on the track and grinding it off with a lathe?
We checked out the track at Albury, ideal for tourers, in fact it's one of the best layouts I've seen. So who's interested in helping put something together? How about the Queens Birthday weekend? It's the start of the ski season so unlikely to rain as the weather seems to conspire to ruin fun.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rjl
I still feel the track is better suited to the larger cars than 200mm and this is not just because I had two .12s blow up. It's just too big and fast for them.
As for the use of VHT, again I don't see the argument that it helps reduce tyre wear as valid, the amount of rubber that had to be trued off the tyres was rediculous so what's the difference between wearing the tyres on the track and grinding it off with a lathe?
im by no means a "expert" on the pros and cons of VHT but if it reduces tyre wear (and thus costs) it has to be good.
not to mention when you get to a longer final (45minutes on sunday) it also minimises the changes to your car in setup,rollout, ETC as your tyres wear down
running low dia tyres on a tourer like you guys have to do these days is great for making the cars go around corners but i wonder how many tourer drivers change there gearing to suit the changes in rollout they end up with after trueing down tyres to almost nothing in the first place?
lower dia tyres = higher peak revs without correct gearing?
could this account for your blown motors
my motor is well over 2 years old without having a rebuild and was still holding it own against all the other cars speed wise
i know on my 235mm my tyres were throw aways after the final yet i made it through all the quilifying and the semis on one set of tyres and ill still get a club meeting out of those tyres
the whole meeting cost me 2 sets (not counting the used set i had on for practice on tuesday /wendesday)
i couldnt get a club meeting from a set of tyres proir to the club using VHT a couple of months ago
Old 10-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Wow, the biggest event on the Nitro RC calendar, and not much talk? Where are the qualifying results and full finals results? Any gossip? What was it like racing under lights? Comeon, Im bored at work, someone give me something to read! Photos??

Last edited by Michael_T; 10-05-2004 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Racing under lights was excellent, the couple of us from Penrith all had our best qualifiers when the lights were on. It made it feel more like home

Given the weather conditions the Moorebank club did a great job of hosting the event, I for one had an absoloute blast & cant wait for the NSW Titles next year. I have checked the NSWRCCC website & no results are posted yet
Old 10-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh a bit of gossip, Stewart Grant's Nitro Tourer caught on fire during the final. Chris Read had his 2 speed fall apart during the final & still managed to get it together & come back for the win, Liegh Dytor losing second gear with about 5 mins to go made it a very interesting last 5 mins to see if he could hold Chris at bay. Unfortunatly for Leigh he couldnt quite manage it. It was good to watch it all unfold.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:52 AM
MK
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Big congrats to Simon.. undoubtedly well deserved and surely will be the first of many!

Well done Readey.. was it ever in doubt? oh well.. keep the trophy safe till I get back!

Good effort by Snowy!

Also a huge congratulations to Alex Green! Could he be the star of the future?

How many rounds of qualifying were there in the end?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.