Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org] >

Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org]

Like Tree28Likes

Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org]

Old 06-27-2005, 01:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hav_lova
Im in for this i from memory rody knows the AARCMCC rulebook so i'll have to get the info on the do's and donts of nitro bodies... and what i can run. im pretty sure the rest of my car complies
Hey hav, your almost compliant. The only thing you have to do is trim your rear wing to your roofline and you're able to take that car to any event without a worry!
Old 06-27-2005, 01:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

thanks old nitro sounds right, that link doesnt work btw
no worries try this http://www.aarcmcc.org and go to Rules and Entry Forms all the rules are there just click on the IC On Road 200mm link,for the electric drivers there are links to the electric rules as well(these will slowly be implemented as well),its a good idea to read the rules and start following them if you want to race at major events
see you all at the working bee on saturday
Old 06-27-2005, 01:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default I do believe

hey Guys, i also believe 30% is the maximum % nitro fuel you can run. im not sure what you guys run but though id slip that in there
Old 06-27-2005, 01:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rody
Hey hav, your almost compliant. The only thing you have to do is trim your rear wing to your roofline and you're able to take that car to any event without a worry!

I thought the holes in my windows were wrong i think ive used 2 1/2 or 3 inch holes and put 2 on the front and 2 on the back plus a largish hole for the fuel filler cable ties and my hole for my gloplug is huge i just went overboard on size with my mazda 6

Dimo,

1.22 Fuel will only contain methanol (methyl alcohol), lubricating oil and a maximum of 16% nitro methane in volume. The specific gravity of the mixture may not be heavier than 0.87. An IFMAR approved fuel tester, e.g. Nitromax 16 will be available to verify fuel’s conformity to the rules at Technical Inspection. Any fuel adjudged to be dangerous by the Organiser or Race Director may not be allowed.

it seems 16% is the limit
Old 06-27-2005, 02:19 AM
Tech Regular

Default woops

oops my bad, always though it was 30% but hey i guess we can all be wrong.

Does it say anything about causing cancer and birth defects in the state of california

BTW, it would be cool if we started racing ROAR stocks as someone mentioned yesterday. If possible can anyone let my know where the list is to see what motors are deemed to be "legal"
Old 06-27-2005, 02:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Batteries

Was just looking through the section on motors and batteries. It only mentions 3300 batteries

I thought 3600 batteries were legal now?

I bought a couple of unmatched 3600 packs and even a matched 3700 just for having some fun in the mini and the TB02, but i thought that the 3600's at least were legal.....
Old 06-27-2005, 02:27 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hey

Hey mate 3600s are legal, coz they are running them at the winternats. i dont think they have updated the site thats all. as for 3700, not just yet.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dimo,

1.22 Fuel will only contain methanol (methyl alcohol), lubricating oil and a maximum of 16% nitro methane in volume. The specific gravity of the mixture may not be heavier than 0.87. An IFMAR approved fuel tester, e.g. Nitromax 16 will be available to verify fuel’s conformity to the rules at Technical Inspection. Any fuel adjudged to be dangerous by the Organiser or Race Director may not be allowed.

it seems 16% is the limit
For those who dont know, a specific gravity of 0.87 means that 1 litre equals 870 grams! I dont think we are going to get as far as weighing people's fuel just yet!
Old 06-27-2005, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

that site hasnt been updated in a while

Rody "your fuel is over by one gram you are disqualified" lol
Old 06-27-2005, 03:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Fuel Weight?

Originally Posted by Rody
For those who dont know, a specific gravity of 0.87 means that 1 litre equals 870 grams! I dont think we are going to get as far as weighing people's fuel just yet!
Rody,

I don't know, might give someone a competative edge....lol
Old 06-27-2005, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

I don't think that batteries will be a problem. In Mod the higher capacities would give you an edge but in stock, 540 and even 19 turn it shouldn't make a difference, hey i'm making run time with 2400's.

I recieved my 1/12th scale today, unfortunatley the kit was missing a few parts so i've sent a message to tower hobbies hoping to get replacements. Other than that the car is almost ready to go, just a body to be painted and i need to soldier some packs together.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Default THAT STINKS

Hey AL, sorry bout the misfortune i know how it feels when a kit dont come complete. And you sounded pretty stoked about getting that car. look on the bright side tower hobbies has a good rep and im sure theyll free ship them express.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dee_vee_eight
Was just looking through the section on motors and batteries. It only mentions 3300 batteries

I thought 3600 batteries were legal now?

I bought a couple of unmatched 3600 packs and even a matched 3700 just for having some fun in the mini and the TB02, but i thought that the 3600's at least were legal.....
3600 and i think 3700 have been approved by IFMAR but AARCMCC have a 3 month waiting period,there is a vote out at the moment to shorten that period check out the AARCMCC thread
Dimo
the batteries were legal at the winternats as it was not a santioned event.
the AARCMCC rules apply to only santioned events.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Al, what sort of parts were missing, are they something stopping you from running the car? I wonder how many will run 1/12th on tuesdaysso far i know you have one and dennis has one so maybee you can run against dennis

I need my nitro fix, is anyone considering running at the court on either this sat/sun? Thats if im correct to assume next race meet is on in the regular 2 weeks time, i dont particularily feel like letting my car sit around for a month i needs to be used lol
Old 06-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default 1/12 Nitro

Man id love to run 1/12 but the car i want is hard to get a hold of and prety highly priced, Any one know where i can go to get a Yokomo YRX-12 WC replica with the blue alloy????

I have a Triple R roller, waiting might send it back and get refunds as it is a WC replica and didnt have the parts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.