Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org] >

Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org]

Like Tree28Likes

Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org]

Old 06-26-2005, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Oh well next week possibly? tried dads new mini top stuff cant wait till tuesday night racing!
Old 06-26-2005, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry Hav but tuesday nights will be out for you, i distinctly remember you saying "electric is boring" just this morning. I suppose you can be my pit girl though
Old 06-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pyrosian
Washed out what a bummer atleast i got some great parts real cheap at the R/C sale. Thanks a ton for taking me out there Andrew!!!!!!
Me and Andrew did VERY well at the Sale
Looks like next point score the Xray will be powered with a handwound 9 double . Im very interested to get the Modified class open next race meet providing we have the numbers
Ill think ill let the stock boys have a taste of victory just joking guys
anyone that wants to move up to modified Class dont be scared and Just Do It
Old 06-26-2005, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StasI
Me and Andrew did VERY well at the Sale
Looks like next point score the Xray will be powered with a handwound 9 double . Im very interested to get the Modified class open next race meet providing we have the numbers
Ill think ill let the stock boys have a taste of victory just joking guys
anyone that wants to move up to modified Class dont be scared and Just Do It
Where was the RC sale At??
Old 06-26-2005, 02:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dee_vee_eight
Where was the RC sale At??
Walter RC at Guildford. They are a wholesaler getting rid of some old stock..
Old 06-26-2005, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Sorry Hav but tuesday nights will be out for you, i distinctly remember you saying "electric is boring" just this morning. I suppose you can be my pit girl though

I also work on tuesdays, but the mini has inspired an electric racer inside of me all that wheelspin and technique lol was the sale today only?
Old 06-26-2005, 03:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Sale

Originally Posted by hav_lova
I also work on tuesdays, but the mini has inspired an electric racer inside of me all that wheelspin and technique lol was the sale today only?
It's on next sunday as well!
Old 06-26-2005, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

As any of the attendees at today's General Meeting will have heard there are a few of us that feel that in order to win a club championship / pointscore in your chosen class (excepting Novice Class) your car should be AARCMCC compliant. We were thinking of checking only the basics, such as weight, motor type (either aproved Stock for electric, silver can for 540, .12 3 port for Nitro etc...) Body type, body height, wing height and car width.

What are others thoughts on this??? I personally love the thought that everyone is on an even footing for the championship. Of course if your car isn't compliant you can still turn up and race and still gain championship points but you couldn't actually win the championship under these rules. Input is welcomed.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default LOL

Hey pryosian, i guess everyone is even footed except me. havnt got one point, but that my own doing, and what kinda stuff did they have down there

Stasi. hEy stas i like the idea of getting modified up and running,ive got a orion v2 sittin here doin nothing

???wat kinda stuff was at this sale might checl ot out, after i pay of my 3 sets of feral 3600s.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

As any of the attendees at today's General Meeting will have heard there are a few of us that feel that in order to win a club championship / pointscore in your chosen class (excepting Novice Class) your car should be AARCMCC compliant. We were thinking of checking only the basics, such as weight, motor type (either aproved Stock for electric, silver can for 540, .12 3 port for Nitro etc...) Body type, body height, wing height and car width.

What are others thoughts on this??? I personally love the thought that everyone is on an even footing for the championship. Of course if your car isn't compliant you can still turn up and race and still gain championship points but you couldn't actually win the championship under these rules. Input is welcomed.
The sooner it happens the better!!
Old 06-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Rody: I think that everyone expected you to say that j/k
Old 06-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

This is definitely a step in the right direction. It helps everyone be better prepared for when we attend inter club comps where the rules are enforced and you're left in a last minute panic...as I did with the wrong body type.

I actually think a subset of the rules should even apply to novice - strictly silver can motors only.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Im in for this i from memory rody knows the AARCMCC rulebook so i'll have to get the info on the do's and donts of nitro bodies... and what i can run. im pretty sure the rest of my car complies
Old 06-27-2005, 12:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Basic Nitro Rules

from memory the basic rules are
Engine
.12 4 ports max,5.5mm max carby dia
min weight 1725 grams
body
4 door touring car (as per approved list)
height min 120mm to the top of roof with a 10mm spacer under the chassis
wing over hang 10mm wing must not extend higher than roof line
width min 175 max 205
body openings
50%of front wind screen for cooling
15mm for glow plug
both front side windows and rear window
re fueling hole 50mm
small hole for exhaust and antenna
for a full set of rule go to
http://http://www.aarcmcc.org/downlo...tion=file&id=7 and down load them
Old 06-27-2005, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

thanks old nitro sounds right, that link doesnt work btw

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.