example
"
This is a post

EDIT: this is an update

EDIT: Another update

EDIT: Another update

"

Thankyou....

Also guys do you know how to get mud off of a tuned pipe i have dry mud on my tuned pipe and it looks disgusting and nothing seems to get it off, i have my whole can spotless and my tuned pipe is filthy

Dennis would you be able to swap me footage from past 2 race meets for pics from past 2 race meets?
Old 06-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Will the Nitro A final video be posted here?
Old 06-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hav_lova
Also guys do you know how to get mud off of a tuned pipe i have dry mud on my tuned pipe and it looks disgusting and nothing seems to get it off, i have my whole can spotless and my tuned pipe is filthy
Go down to your local auto shop and buy some all metal polish such as the type used for Car wheels. Will get the mud right off.

To prevent it from happening wipe your pipe clean as soon as you finish running it before the dirt has time to dry hard on the pipe due to the heat.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Carby cleaner will blast if off easily without having to scrub it. Just make sure your pipe is off the car when you spray it as carby cleaner is extremely strong and aggressive and not safe on plastics. I sprayed in on a body shell one day and the rear wing just melted off and it stripped the paint off the car! .
Old 06-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

hav lova ,do i have your -permission to use your picy in yhe nitro vid
??????? i will dropa copy at vaggs tomorrow
Old 06-13-2005, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yea dennis just give me credits and you can i wouldnt bother drop a copy at vaggs i shouldnt be down there atleast till after next race meet i got everything i need today pyrosian was there too on the phone to another member lol

and i got my pipe clean used a toothbrush and old nitro fuel then polished it up with silvo looks shmick!

btw traj i was more concerned with my radio gear when i brought it off the track trying to get it dry and the track had a lot of watr on it and i took my car out in the first minutes the track was open... oh well i'll know next time to clean my tuned pipe lol
Old 06-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pyrosian
Hey guys,

I didn't post yesterday because i would have blown up at a few of the people on here and thought better of it. Quite frankly i was appalled by the abuse that i copped yesterday. SMA is advertised as a great place for beginers to learn how to drive, how to race and the ettique of proper driving. As just one example, yesterday in the stock A final i got caught in a tussle that i couldn't avoid, i tried my best but wasn't physically capable of avoiding. As a result i ended up on my lid in the middle of the track, i called "dead in the middle" my car was then hit by two other drivers. I was then abused by those drivers.

I don't want to hear it, i didn't intentionally put my car there, i wasn't trying to ram or break someone elses car. At SMA i have never punted someone on purpose whilst racing. Why should I be the one who has to deal with the abuse??? If something happens during racing DEAL WITH IT. S**T HAPPENS. If you can't afford or cope with someone accidentally hitting your car then your in the wrong hobby.

Anyone who has raced at SMA for more than a few weeks will know that when it comes to race damage my car always seems to come out the worst. Anyone who has watched my car at the two club-challenge events held so far can vouch for that. It's very rare that i blow up like this but man i was pissed yesterday. Yesterday i was seriously considering racing elsewhere for a while.

Just think guys, i haven't been racing for long but i'm hooked. I race every meet i can possibly attend, i dream about racing. To make me feel this way took alot, but by the end of the day i had well and truly cracked. If you were to apply what i copped yesterday to someone new to the sport, they wouldn't stand for it, they would walk out.

Just something to think about.
I know some one was swearing there ass off .....when i was driving i could remember matt saying Take It EASY guys .... thats not the type of language that i like or anyone else on the drivers Stand

I know who hit you pyrosian and ill send you a PM about them
Very Unacceptable Behaviour Guys
I feel for you Dont worry about them
Old 06-13-2005, 02:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

We should get Dr Phil from the Oprah show to give us all councelling!! . It's turning into a whinge-athon (me included)! Lets not turn it into a game of 'he says she says' and stop the finger pointing. Im sure we all have moments of madness and we all regret our actions in hindsight.

Lets use this thread to discuss positive issues and not scare people away from coming to SMA!
Old 06-13-2005, 03:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SMA Club Racing

Originally Posted by pyrosian
Anyone who has raced at SMA for more than a few weeks will know that when it comes to race damage my car always seems to come out the worst. Anyone who has watched my car at the two club-challenge events held so far can vouch for that. It's very rare that i blow up like this but man i was pissed yesterday. Yesterday i was seriously considering racing elsewhere for a while.
We hope everybody had a great day Sunday.

I'm happy to have come second in the Stock A class, but I am sorry if I have upset one of my fellow club members on race day.

We had a few incidents at the club challenge with faster racers assuming that they have the right to barge their way thru. They have the right to pass as the slower car yields the race line safely. During qualifying, you are only racing the clock, sometimes you may end up in a B class for qualifying when the top twenty two drivers are racing the clock to secure a place in the A finals.

We where a little disappointed that many Drivers had left before the end of the meeting (some had left a big mess for us to clean up) with the same crew helping to pack up yet again.

Just a reminder, SMA is an incorporated club supported by the Jets Sports Club.

The members own the club and all the race fees go straight back into the club. I.E. The new Drivers Stand was paid for with the last four months of race fees.

Itís your club, if you put time into the club the club can only get bigger and better.

On a good note . . .

It was awesome watching the Nitro A ten-minute final. Eight drivers battling it out round the Road Rail track lead by Nick and his ultra fast RB machine.

To think, December last year, the Nitro boys could not start a car for the Nitro final. Six months later, all cars fired up for a leman start, clean thru the first corner and a thrilling pit stop for all.

Great work to all the Drivers and their Pit crew, and especially to Nick, with a broken front A arm with three minutes to go and still wins the race, a Great Race my friend.

Also, to the Novice A Drivers, David and Steve showed some fantastic sportsman ship and some very close racing, well done guys (David 1, Steve 0).

Yours in Racing

Matt Leeming (IDM)

Publicity officer
Old 06-13-2005, 03:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default I think Its Time For A Sit Down

Hey Guys i know i havnt been down in a while and i really cant comment. But just remember what ray taught us be quiet, you crash u chillax and if u hit somehome stop and let them pass you. And i know thats How 99% of the guys i have raced with do it.

Thats why next race i will be there. and matty it might be a good idea to bring in a penalising system or a flag system to let people know that have to yield. Also another idea, possibly next meet you could have a few stern words to the crowd. So you dont single out anybody and just remind them they are not Masami or Hara. And they should respect everyone on the track. Coz at the end of the day we are all mates.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just thought i'd add, dad brought a stock motor today so he may be moving up soon... Into stock i think, that would make DG happy
Old 06-13-2005, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default By The way

Hey By The Way Guys
Does anybody run Hitec Servos. If You have a spare servo horn.saver for the sterring let me know as i need one. Thanx Guys
Old 06-13-2005, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

Hav: Can't wait to see more competition in stock, with Nick and Andrew possibly coming over for the next pointscore you might be the only nitro driver left Just remember to gear down before sticking that motor in, with the 28 tooth pinion and 52 spur you can say goodbye to that motor!!! I think i told you earlier but i'm running a 23 pinion and 55 spur, might run a 22 next meet for a bit more punch.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.