Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org] >

Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org]

Like Tree28Likes

Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org]

Old 09-18-2008, 11:07 PM
  #8986  
Tech Adept
 
rcmarek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 147
Default

How will it impact the current pointscore if we split the 540 class?

Originally Posted by black-knight
Notes for future meetings:
  • No pitting inside the track fence area, near race control etc. The entire area is reserved for race control, pit mechanics, marshals and drivers
  • Novice and 540 will be distinct classes
  • All Touring car "A" mains will be 8 car finals
rcmarek is offline  
Old 09-19-2008, 02:11 AM
  #8987  
Tech Addict
 
Rozzt_iwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: sydney
Posts: 560
Default

do i still count as a niovice i know i drive like 1

whos up for some practise on sunday
i will be doing some incar video taping
Rozzt_iwa is offline  
Old 09-19-2008, 03:39 AM
  #8988  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rozzt_iwa
do i still count as a niovice
YES!
CraigM is offline  
Old 09-19-2008, 06:20 AM
  #8989  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chrisk
Hey Vincent,

you can help me get the 415 around a little better
Yeh mate. I have a few ideas I'd like to try.
veecee is offline  
Old 09-19-2008, 06:21 AM
  #8990  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

.

Last edited by veecee; 09-19-2008 at 08:39 PM.
veecee is offline  
Old 09-19-2008, 06:08 PM
  #8991  
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sydney west
Posts: 26
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Enquiry

Hi,
I just have an enquiry, I saw the video that ray wood did, about the drifting. I was wondering what wheels/tyres do you use? & what motor do you recommend? I would like to give it a go??
Kingy 007 is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 12:58 AM
  #8992  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
NickM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 721
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Has the committee voted on lipos on behalf of SMA to AARCMCC yet??? Time is fast running out...

I would hope the vote is YES, and would be keen to know.

Thanks!

See:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/4854193-post2198.html

Last edited by NickM; 09-20-2008 at 02:05 AM.
NickM is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 04:57 AM
  #8993  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NickM
Has the committee voted on lipos on behalf of SMA to AARCMCC yet??? Time is fast running out...

I would hope the vote is YES, and would be keen to know.

Thanks!

See:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/4854193-post2198.html
It sounds pretty certain that it will pass easy on both proposals.

Do you guys always run that track in the last vid? Thats a sweet layout.
Dragonfire is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 05:02 AM
  #8994  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
NickM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 721
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Troy, good to know. We will be running this layout untill the end of the year. And it is definitely sweet
NickM is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 05:29 PM
  #8995  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by Kingy 007
Hi,
I just have an enquiry, I saw the video that ray wood did, about the drifting. I was wondering what wheels/tyres do you use? & what motor do you recommend? I would like to give it a go??
Hey King007, mate the best tyres we use are home made and club-approved ABS and/or polypipe tyres. You can buy HPI T-Drift or Tamiya drift tyres, but they are made from rubber and are much too grippy and just wear your car out faster. ABS and PP tyres are more controllable as they made from non-abrasive plastic that does not create grip-killing dust like PVC. As for motors, the Tamiya Sports Tuned is fine, silver can is good but not alot power from them. Anything less than 15t is overkill, but then again if you love lotta power go for it, but you'll jus wheelspin and spin out too easily. 23-17t is ideal, with torque being the best thing for drifiting over a high revving motor.

You can visit and even join up our club website on http://www.sydneyrcdrifters.com/forum/ . I see you got a Torana shell. The Torana shell in Ray's vid is mine, hope you can make it as two Torana's drifting will be a treat. Next Tempe drift meet is on 04/10/2008 in two weeks time. Hope to see you there mate.
mc_drifta is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 07:21 PM
  #8996  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (73)
 
Andrew Barr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,367
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Don't forget that there is racing this Sunday which also includes the running of the "Greg Still Cup" for nitro.
Andrew Barr is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 07:42 PM
  #8997  
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sydney west
Posts: 26
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mc_drifta
Hey King007, mate the best tyres we use are home made and club-approved ABS and/or polypipe tyres. You can buy HPI T-Drift or Tamiya drift tyres, but they are made from rubber and are much too grippy and just wear your car out faster. ABS and PP tyres are more controllable as they made from non-abrasive plastic that does not create grip-killing dust like PVC. As for motors, the Tamiya Sports Tuned is fine, silver can is good but not alot power from them. Anything less than 15t is overkill, but then again if you love lotta power go for it, but you'll jus wheelspin and spin out too easily. 23-17t is ideal, with torque being the best thing for drifiting over a high revving motor.

You can visit and even join up our club website on http://www.sydneyrcdrifters.com/forum/ . I see you got a Torana shell. The Torana shell in Ray's vid is mine, hope you can make it as two Torana's drifting will be a treat. Next Tempe drift meet is on 04/10/2008 in two weeks time. Hope to see you there mate.


Thanks for the advice. unfortunately I will be interstate at the next meet. but I definately want to give a go. I will just have to get some rims & tyres & then I am ready to go. I might run the torana or I have got a 4wd xpress mini with a datsun coupe shell, so one or the other. looking forward to having a go.

thanks again
Kingy 007 is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 09:16 PM
  #8998  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr
Don't forget that there is racing this Sunday which also includes the running of the "Greg Still Cup" for nitro.
Did the clouds begin gathering before or after you posted that?
CraigM is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 09:42 PM
  #8999  
Company Representative
iTrader: (44)
 
OLD 69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,694
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Good afternoon everyone, a little off topic...

There's a job opportunity in the local area with our Company HEI International. Just thought I would post up here first before going to the classifieds.

Requirements:
Full Time.
Must have R/C experience, in any fields - Car, boats, planes, GP or EP it really doesn't matter as long as there's some.
Young or Mature person.
Computer literate, we can train in this area if need be. We use MYOB.
Self Motivation and Confidence is a must.

Role will be in our Wholesale Warehouse Department. Answering and Making Phone calls, Taking Orders off Customers, Writing up promotional emails, data entry, updating web pages etc.

If you have an interest and wish to be a parts of our team please send your resume or any questions to: [email protected]

Regards
Ari
HEI

Last edited by OLD 69; 09-21-2008 at 10:02 PM.
OLD 69 is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 10:15 PM
  #9000  
Tech Master
iTrader: (32)
 
chrisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

7 day forecast for Sydney

Sunday, chance of showers min 15deg
chrisk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.