Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org] >

Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org]

Like Tree28Likes

Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org]

Old 06-16-2008, 05:21 PM
  #7516  
Tech Regular
 
Ray Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 371
Default sma

are we looking at a good race night tonight?
Ray
Ray Wood is offline  
Old 06-16-2008, 05:43 PM
  #7517  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
Dadaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 2,077
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Looks like I may get next Wednesday off. Depending on the weather, is there racing next Tuesday night as well?
Dadaman is offline  
Old 06-16-2008, 08:21 PM
  #7518  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (73)
 
Andrew Barr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,367
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

I have just been down to the track and there is still large amounts of surface water covering key sections of the track (quite deep in sections).

Subsequently, there will be no timed racing tonight. However, for those who are keen to mop up the water and run some practice, you are very welcome.

As the forecast is looking pretty good for the weekend, I will be at the track on Saturday (time to be confirmed) to mop up any water so we can race on Sunday. It would be good if a few members can make themselves avialable.
Andrew Barr is offline  
Old 06-16-2008, 08:51 PM
  #7519  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr
As the forecast is looking pretty good for the weekend, I will be at the track on Saturday (time to be confirmed) to mop up any water so we can race on Sunday. It would be good if a few members can make themselves avialable.
Let us know what time and I can probably make it down. Reckon there'll be time for some happy laps afterwards?
CraigM is offline  
Old 06-16-2008, 09:16 PM
  #7520  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (73)
 
Andrew Barr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,367
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM
Let us know what time and I can probably make it down. Reckon there'll be time for some happy laps afterwards?
Oh yeah
Andrew Barr is offline  
Old 06-16-2008, 11:46 PM
  #7521  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
NickM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 721
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Cristian, I came across this by chance; thought it might be of interest:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNRE0&P=7
NickM is offline  
Old 06-17-2008, 12:01 AM
  #7522  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
Cristian Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 950
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NickM
Cristian, I came across this by chance; thought it might be of interest:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNRE0&P=7
thanks Nick, I'll first try to find out what the problem is.
Cristian Silva is offline  
Old 06-17-2008, 01:14 AM
  #7523  
Tech Addict
 
Rozzt_iwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: sydney
Posts: 560
Default

i poped down to the track and there was water puddles around not a signal track any 1 could run i thinned out the puddles so hoping that it drys quickly
Rozzt_iwa is offline  
Old 06-17-2008, 03:54 AM
  #7524  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr
Oh yeah
Awesome, I'm itching for some good racing on the new track. Hopefully nitro bounces back with some strong numbers this weekend. I hear TomB might be coming out - hot off his 12 lap qualifier and bmain appearance last week at m'bank
CraigM is offline  
Old 06-17-2008, 05:39 AM
  #7525  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 5,120
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM
Awesome, I'm itching for some good racing on the new track. Hopefully nitro bounces back with some strong numbers this weekend. I hear TomB might be coming out - hot off his 12 lap qualifier and bmain appearance last week at m'bank
ay man, 2.5 months off racing, the engine was all out of wack...and well, the setup was not on par.

the xray definately needs thicker rear oil for mbank.

im keen for a run at trumpe, if only this mofo rain pisses of for a while...if it rains, Hiroshi and i are of to Marconi to play poker...i'm guessing Martin might come as well?
TomB is offline  
Old 06-17-2008, 06:19 AM
  #7526  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
utedaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arncliffe
Posts: 99
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cristian Silva
thanks Nick, I'll first try to find out what the problem is.
Cristian, If it leads to nicks thing he found - i could possible help out with the cap if you find out what sort it is and witht the crimping - i bought a mini crip thingy with females that slip right into the black plug.
utedaz is offline  
Old 06-17-2008, 07:58 AM
  #7527  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (73)
 
Andrew Barr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,367
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rozzt_iwa
i poped down to the track and there was water puddles around not a signal track any 1 could run i thinned out the puddles so hoping that it drys quickly
Thanks Ross. This will make our life easier on Saturday.
Andrew Barr is offline  
Old 06-17-2008, 08:24 AM
  #7528  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 53
Default

hey guys,

Just starting out in nitro tourers and was wondering what base setup and tyres is recommended for a MTX4?. Is there anyway to get any practice in before this coming sunday meeting? The new track looks very nice indeed.
josh_c is offline  
Old 06-17-2008, 04:41 PM
  #7529  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
Cristian Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 950
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by utedaz
Cristian, If it leads to nicks thing he found - i could possible help out with the cap if you find out what sort it is and witht the crimping - i bought a mini crip thingy with females that slip right into the black plug.
Hey Daz, yeh Ive already tried putting a cap on the receiver with no luck, thats what I think Nick referred me to anyway.

thanks.
Cristian Silva is offline  
Old 06-17-2008, 05:02 PM
  #7530  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by josh_c
hey guys,

Just starting out in nitro tourers and was wondering what base setup and tyres is recommended for a MTX4?. Is there anyway to get any practice in before this coming sunday meeting? The new track looks very nice indeed.
40s-42s are the go at the moment because the wear is quite high. I used 40s in the heats and 42s in the final and didnt notice any difference in grip so I'll be using 42s this weekend. Setup is a bit of a mystery because there has only been one meet on the track, but here's what I'll be running

Front
spool
1 deg toe out
-2 deg camber
a ackerman
flat sway bar
40wt oil
purple springs
droop 1

Rear
30k diff
3 deg toe in
-3.5 deg camber
flat sway bar
40wt oil
light blue springs
droop 3

I haven't decided what roll centres to run yet, probably go kit up front and lower holes top and bottom at the rear
CraigM is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.