Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree28Likes

Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org]

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr
At least put some decals on it. I have some I can bring on tuesday night and they will match your "pink" car. My girls wont mind as they have plenty of Barbie and fairy stickers that will fit right in with your choice of colour

Here is my VTA
Andrew... your VTA reminds me of this: http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...og&sa=N&tab=wi
Old 11-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by black-knight
Andrew... your VTA reminds me of this: http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...og&sa=N&tab=wi
Is that the Ford that Moffat (his team) ran at Bathurst and with a carbie?
Old 11-29-2011, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

AWESOME NIGHTS RACING
Thanks to the usual suspects(minus 1) for running the show
hope your car's ok Scotty
really great watching 11 stock, 11 F1's, 5 quick novices, and some great Mod driving,
21.5 was so much fun, congrats to Mathew for the win and a well done to Nick with his 3rd place, we'll work on the motor issue
good to see Evans back, I've missed that friendly banter
look forward to having the novice's come join us and then that'll make 2 full heats/finals of 21.5
Old 11-29-2011, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah thanks guys, excellent night.

If Scotty's still stuck I Wetherill Park I have to go there tomorrow arvo, I can give him a lift.

Oh and thanks to all those who crashed tonight, I wouldn't have got to the podium without you.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Had a blast last night running mini another great night of racing at sma across all classes
Scotty I hope your real car is ok, otherwise I know where you can get a awesome deal on a new ford

Steve
Old 11-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks to everyone who attended for helping us get through rego and the heats so quickly, to get underway at 7:55 and be finished by 10:50 was a huge effort, sorry if we were a little blunt at race control - we just wanted to get everyone home at a reasonable time

Awesome night of racing across the board & good to see Cristian back on the pace

Thanks especially to Paul Hartman for going out of his way to pick up the race control gear from Scotty's stricken car, there would have been no racing last night without the messiah so I think we all owe you a beer

See you next tues, and don't forget the AGM is on next Thursday!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nckmat
Oh and thanks to all those who crashed tonight, I wouldn't have got to the podium without you.
Nick, thats not true - you earned that podium finish!

Those last few laps in the final were fabulous - the highlight for me and a fantastic way to finish the night's racing!! (0.014 at the line I recall)

I know Steve really enjoyed watching it too.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Great night.

The Award for Best looking car of the night goes to:

Best race of the night:

Old 11-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PDR TOO

Those last few laps in the final were fabulous - the highlight for me and a fantastic way to finish the night's racing!! (0.014 at the line I recall)

Thanks mate, but there was a lot of luck involved too, I just don't have the straight line speed you guys all have, but that is all about to change. I got home and found an email from Losi Associated House saying they had X12's on sale for $69 so I saw that as a sign from someone's god and got their last one. So no excuses anymore, I should be at the pointy end all the time now. I should also say that the set-up changes Steve made at the last meet have made a HUGE difference, thanks Steve.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PDR TOO

That is why it pays to have the transponder at the pointy end of the car

The full field of F1 was great to run in, although the foams did not work as well as the other week. Looking forward to the enduro in 10 days time.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr
That is why it pays to have the transponder at the pointy end of the car

The full field of F1 was great to run in, although the foams did not work as well as the other week. Looking forward to the enduro in 10 days time.
It would be great to have that many F1's every week in one final. Everybody drove politely and there were some VERY large grins at the end. Craig(McPrez) asked if that many cars in a final was ok I said yes I think it is better with a full field.
What are the opinions from the other drivers in F1?

Brett
Old 11-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Badman Racer
It would be great to have that many F1's every week in one final. Everybody drove politely and there were some VERY large grins at the end. Craig(McPrez) asked if that many cars in a final was ok I said yes I think it is better with a full field.
What are the opinions from the other drivers in F1?

Brett
I'm all for it. There was a little bit of paint trading but overall it was pretty good. It also makes great veiwing
Old 11-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Add me for another vote for F1 finals last night. Biggest field I have ever raced in and was able to do my fastest ever time and hada decent result too . I agree that everyone drove cleanly and that is what made it enjoyable (F1 attracts a better class of driver you see that or because we all know they are fragile cars!).

Nice driving last night Badman, you seem to now have that thing dialed in very nicely!

Big thanks again to Andrew for the spur gear, I have also placed an order at RC Market and hope to have it in time for next Saturday
Old 11-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I like the large finals. It is harder to concentrate with all the action but it is definitely something i need to work on so its all good. I am just pleased to see the class growing. Have fun and enjoy
Old 11-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default SMA F1 Class

What motor class do the F1 guys run?

Cheers, AJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.