Like Tree28Likes

Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org]

Old 03-28-2010, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Badman Racer
Hey Girls
Thanks for some fun racing today.
Was happy my first run of mod at SAM but I think 16's will needed to be anywhere for CC. Cribbin is looking fast already DOH! Kemp will definately be there and Hartman is really quick and McPrez will defiately be gun. Hiroshi and Keefy have nothing. Throw the infamous R.Lloyd in there and I am betting on some pretty cool mod racing. Everyone today drove really well today and were polite. These cars break when you crash and you dont just keep going even in warm up
Will or can we run Mod Tuesday?
Badman
The guy who beat you is nothing,
Old 03-28-2010, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Keef you are nothing..hehehe now go and check the power is unplugged..

BTW how do you catch a polar bear???
Old 03-28-2010, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barts71m
Keef you are nothing..hehehe now go and check the power is unplugged..

BTW how do you catch a polar bear???
First you go out and cut a hole in the ice. Then, you line the hole
with peas. When the bear comes to take a pea, you kick him in the
ice-hole.

I don't get it.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Was a great day

A big turn out from the Castel hill guys

Big thanks to the stolen Windsor dude for blowing down the
track

Was great to see the Mod cars on the track

Can't wait for CC
Old 03-28-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default SMA Today

Nice to see the Castle Hill Guys again today. Thanks to Jim and especially Ben who loaned me a shock when I snapped a shock body on the back straight in the first heat- DOH!

We probably should make the inside rail on the back straight overlap the other way so the are no sharp edges for CC (mind you I'm the only one to break something on a straight - as usual).

Thanks to Mr Choy for his insights into ride height and and the time to set them up.

Thanks also to Badman who helped me out after racing with enought bits to rebuild my busted shock in time for Tuesday night.

Geez, as I write this I realise how much help I needed today, I'm lucky I can find the bloody track on my own! Conversely it speaks volumes for the character of those who are always prepred to assist, which is pretty much eveyone at the track.

Cheers, Brent

Last edited by PDR TOO; 03-28-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
ice-hole.

I don't get it.
Write a paper on it and submit it to your lecturer.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Badman Racer
Sorry I forgot to mention Splitty, Nerdling and all the others running.
What about the iron chef!
Old 03-28-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just spent some time going through the results for today and there are some scary facts there that I noticed. Comparing Mod to 17.5... Given the weird ways the system gave the results and adjusting for that the fastest runs of the day you are looking at 17.5 with a 17 lapper in 5:10 and Mod with a 17 lapper in 5:09! The fastest laps where only 0.7sec better in mod. This was more likely due to the grip going away with the autumn leaves but still its not far off when you look at the straight line performance!

I guess the question to ask is... What class will be fastest at CC? I can't see much in it between 10.5 and mod in either lap times or race times and 17.5 looks like it will be extremly close in at least race times. Guess you gotta wonder what happened to the supposed difference between the classes?

And boothy gets to msg GUNS all this week.... CATCH UP!
Old 03-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangoman
What about the iron chef!
I prefer not to talk out aloud about my 2 new Iron Chef combatents. One of them beat me yesterday fair and square and doesn't like being told he has nothing
Old 03-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
ice-hole.

I don't get it.
That is REALLY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!
Dont know if I will be able to race on Tuesday night. I am leaving for Tumut in 10min and wont be back till tomorrow. I will at least drop in to stir you up Keefy(Iron Chef 2)
Old 03-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I just spent some time going through the results for today and there are some scary facts there that I noticed. Comparing Mod to 17.5... Given the weird ways the system gave the results and adjusting for that the fastest runs of the day you are looking at 17.5 with a 17 lapper in 5:10 and Mod with a 17 lapper in 5:09! The fastest laps where only 0.7sec better in mod. This was more likely due to the grip going away with the autumn leaves but still its not far off when you look at the straight line performance!
I wouldn't look too much into the mod times from yesterday. Mod will be doing 18 laps easy at CC and the fastest lap should fall by at least half a second. That said, I was going down the straight yesterday and my 4.5 barely outran a 21.5
Old 03-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default Track records

Even with the grip on the track being affected by the leaves. There was one race in 21.5 where we all did a 19 sec fastest lap. We have never done that b4. Were there any track records set? There must have been in 21.5.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)

Originally Posted by PDR TOO
Nice to see the Castle Hill Guys again today. Thanks to Jim and especially Ben who loaned me a shock when I snapped a shock body on the back straight in the first heat- DOH!
Cheers, Brent
Our pleasure Brent, always happy to help
Old 03-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire

I guess the question to ask is... What class will be fastest at CC? I can't see much in it between 10.5 and mod in either lap times or race times and 17.5 looks like it will be extremly close in at least race times. Guess you gotta wonder what happened to the supposed difference between the classes?

And boothy gets to msg GUNS all this week.... CATCH UP!
You must remember most of us mod guys are self confessed amateurs at the class. Give me a couple more practice days/nights and I'll be putting in 16.?s laps and comfortably doing 18 lap runs. Yesterday was my first outing with anything faster than an 8.5 and it was not a grippy day either.

Anyway well done for killing them all in 17.5 on your first day out with the MMP!
Old 03-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Anyway well done for killing them all in 17.5 on your first day out with the MMP!
What happened to the Wave ESC?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.