Old 03-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

An enjoyable evening.

Cheers to my sponsor 'McFree' for setting me up with his spare 416
Old 03-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It was a good night, the final was intresting managed to find some good lines in the end had to turn down my ESC to get there

Was worth my battery tape coming off to see Mounty and McPrez head to head

Very Funny

see you in 2 weeks.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Had a blast last night!!!!
The dual I had with boothy in the second heat was awesome realy got the blood pumping and reminded me why I love this sport so much!!!!

Big thanks to all that helped out getting setup for the night, cleaning the track and running race control.

I've gotta say Im realy enjoying the vibe around SMA at the moment, 2010 is going to be a great year for the club!!!

Just remember there is a working bee this Sunday so try and come down and lend a hand, I will come down after work to lend a hand so make sure you guys leave something for me.

Cheers

Steve T
Old 03-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah awsome night, looks like Tuesday is the night for super stock now. Thanks to Paul for letting me pit with him.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:47 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Couldn't agree more with the earlier sentiments. Last night was a lot of fun, even if a bit hectic. Only got 5mins at the pit table between rounds, but that's what you get for running 2 classes on a Tuesday

I'm glad I did - the F1 battle with Dennis in the final was simply awesome fun (is that trademarked?) and I'm so happy I've got those tyres sorted out. The screw falling out of the front upright was only a minor hiccup thanks to some quick scrummaging from Simon (I think - thank you!). The F104 is so different from the TC, but a lot of enjoyment to be had.

Fun, but scary, is how quickly the 21.5 crew are improving. Another whole lap faster than a fortnight ago, so in 2 months time, we'll be going past the 10.5 guys! Cracked the 19's for the first time ever, and given that we thought 21's were good back in January, things are cookin'

Judging by my lack of relative speed down the back, I think my motor is very soft, but the chassis allows me to carry quite a bit of speed through the infield. I mentioned to Matt that I don't need more speed, just more discipline, but if anyone's got any spare speed, send it my way

Phil.

PS: Happy St Patrick's Day (esp Wayne...)

Last edited by PDR; 03-16-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDR
Fun, but scary, is how quickly the 21.5 crew are improving. Another whole lap faster than a fortnight ago, so in 2 months time, we'll be going past the 10.5 guys! Cracked the 19's for the first time ever, and given that we though 21's were good back in January, things are cookin'
Lower turn motors will always have a power adv so I doubt that will truly happen but a good driver will get very close on some tracks. One of the BRO-KIN crew did a 19.0 sec lap on sunday. Factoring the difference between sun and mon racing that was equivalent to about 18.5sec lap on a tue.

Scary stuff!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Lower turn motors will always have a power adv so I doubt that will truly happen but a good driver will get very close on some tracks. One of the BRO-KIN crew did a 19.0 sec lap on sunday. Factoring the difference between sun and mon racing that was equivalent to about 18.5sec lap on a tue.

Scary stuff!
xray/lrp 1st and 2nd !!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by my t2
xray/lrp 1st and 2nd !!!!
I thought craig came 2nd.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by defcone
I thought craig came 2nd.
Nuhh Mounty took 2nd, with both of em making impressive lap times.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

yeah mounty got 2nd I had an awesome time racing that close with him though

There was nothing in it for pace between the LRP and the Tekin either, and the Venom with the new SP software was pretty similar too. From what I hear the GM was the WEAPON
Old 03-17-2010, 01:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraigM

There was nothing in it for pace between the LRP and the Tekin either, and the Venom with the new SP software was pretty similar too. From what I hear the GM was the WEAPON

GM is a weapon mate, however braking point and new track made it hard to control.. Turn down the power nowhere near the punch but at least I could see the corners

A few weeks and we shall see.. don't change the track between then

Was a really good test of ESC worked out there was

2 X SP beta software
2 x LRP SXX ss
1 x Tekin
1 x Team Wave
1 X GM

Seem LRP and Tekin are very close there really was not much in it..
Old 03-17-2010, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

If anyone has experience with the MuchMore rims that come on the absolute premounts, can you tell me if they have any problems with cracking or breaking as they seem quite hard, i prob wont get to run them for a few weeks that all.

Cheers
Old 03-17-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

if they are muchmore rims they are a good compromise between stiffness and durability. If they are the sweep rims they are fairly brittle and prone to breaking on on impact
Old 03-17-2010, 02:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by runinonempty
Had a blast last night!!!!
The dual I had with boothy in the second heat was awesome realy got the blood pumping and reminded me why I love this sport so much!!!!

Big thanks to all that helped out getting setup for the night, cleaning the track and running race control.

I've gotta say Im realy enjoying the vibe around SMA at the moment, 2010 is going to be a great year for the club!!!

Just remember there is a working bee this Sunday so try and come down and lend a hand, I will come down after work to lend a hand so make sure you guys leave something for me.

Cheers

Steve T
ye big thanks to every1 that helped out last night...

steve that was an unforgettable race between us ay lol came close a couple of times tho lol once when u clipped a dome in the middle and down the back straight man thanks i havent had a race like that for a long time lol...

it is definately gonna b a big year for SMA this year the racin is HOT AS
Old 03-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CraigM

Time to get a new Avatar me thinks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.