Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ipswich City Council announces RC car complex for Carole Park >

Ipswich City Council announces RC car complex for Carole Park

Like Tree5Likes

Ipswich City Council announces RC car complex for Carole Park

Old 12-29-2017, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sorry my pc is slow , the 2017 post's hadn't come up till i wrote that last one. Thank god some plans for onrd 1/10 1/8th & hopefully 1/5th are in the works. Brendale track size will easily fit in the area. plus no houses for miles so noise won't be a prob. We can only pray 2018 will be the completed yr. God willing.
Tony McELevey.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i live 5 mins from the site at addison/cobalt & personally i don't know anyone into the rc drag racing but it's built , the drivers stand for the off rd track is built , it's all fenced, there's toilets & work has been going on steady for months then just stopped. The dirt is there for the off rd track but no design apparent, & no sign of the onrd track which SHOULD be made to include 1/10 1/8 & 1/5th scale gas nitro & elec cars. There's plenty of room but i've been checking every few weeks & no more work's been done. it'll be an awesome venue when finished but why hasn't it ? Those last post's were 2011 , it's now 2018 in a few days, at present i know of 20 plus onrd guys in the area & more offrd guys, but not one rc drag racer. which really i have no interest in as it would seem who's got the most expensive setup is going to be cleaning up. c'mon people it's there it's a large area & it's perfect if it get's finished. why hasn't it been ? plz people whoever has the power to shake & move do something about it plz for gods sake. It's so frustrating to see it all fenced , etc, etc, but nothing but a damn drag strip. Anyway that's my 2 cents worth , i'm willing & able to show up to work on the venue & i'm sure many others are too. Tony McELevey. 1/10th on & offrd driver , 1/8th on & offrd driver & 1/5th onrd learner driver. .................. It's been 10 yrs in the making now finish it plz !!!!!
Old 01-07-2018, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

The offroad track is in the process of being done, it is being done to suit 1/10 electric only as that is what the club runs that is managing the site, it will not be big enough to suit 1/8 of 1/5 buggies, the onroad track has no plans to be done at this stage and I don't see this happening in the near future.
If the weather is kind to us in the next few weeks the offroad track should be up and running.

Regards
Gary
Old 01-15-2018, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Happy New Year all! Just a quick heads up on what's happening with the track. We will be shifting the remainder of the clay and top soil on Saturday while using a large rotary hoe to mix it together. If all goes well on Saturday, we will be having a working bee on Sunday to shape jumps and lay the pipework. We may also need to dig a trench for the loop. We can finish the build the following weekend if necessary, which means we should have a track up and running on the Australia day long weekend! Dare I mention it, the weather forecast is looking good so far too.
If you have some spare time either this Sunday or the following long weekend, please come down to the track and lend a hand.
finchy likes this.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hi racers,

Just in case you or anyone you know is looking for a new setup.

Offroad Sellup - Brisbane Only

Cheers
Vazzo
Old 05-17-2018, 09:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Has racing started here what is the latist on this track .
Old 05-17-2018, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RADEONRC View Post
Hi
Yes it has if you go onto facebook and look up Chargers RC you will find all the info you need, next race meeting is the 27th of May, 1/10 scale electric only.

Regards
Gary
Marshy2012 likes this.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RADEONRC View Post
yep. Itís awesome. Dedicated 1/10th off road track. Jump on Chargers Rc on FB