Search

#### NEW GOLD COAST ON ROAD @ GILSTON ####

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Gilston Practice

Hi all
I will be testing the computer system on Sunday from about 9am if anyone wants to do some practice laps.I will have Alycat going so you can hear your lap times called out. Feel Free to come by and do some tuning, I will have my new 3.5T Brushless to play with.

Cya
Mike Lee
Old 09-02-2011, 01:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I may end up that way if im lucky..

Is there any word on new race dates yet?
Old 09-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default Free Practice Sat 17th Sept

FREE PRACTICE SATURDAY

Hey all, if your not busy this Saturday 17th Sept come down to Gold Coast Gilston track for some free practice.

I will have Alcat timing setup in practice mode so your lap times will be called out.

Everyone is invited so bring your cars down to the on-road track for some fun.

I will be there after 10am.

See you there,

Michael Lee
For any Questions call me on 0439 073 908

Last edited by E-clip; 09-15-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

As always the Gold Coast Weather is looking to be perfect for Practice Tomorrow.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi, its been a while since I last raced, I believe about 2 years ago actually. Ive now re-located to the GC and just wanted to know is this club up and running regularly again or is it still in the "gunna" stage as it was when I stopped racing. Its an awesome track so I certainly hope its back up and running and if so is it still tri weekly or fortnightly. Other than that Ill go back to Logan as normal but its a fair trip now for the GC.

Could someone also help with chassis and motors, speedies etc, I still have my old LRP TC esc and a few brushless 17.5t motors, LRP/Orion - are these still going to be competitive or is the timing adjustable motors and speedies still being used. I have my old Maxda 6 bodies as well, are these still the go too.

Looking at chassis, the TC6 looks good and priced well, but are there any others that a reasonably priced that might suit, say Schuies or Serpents. I realise the TRF and XRAY cars a gold plated, so they'll be out of reach.

The last thing is about off road, is there any plans for an off road track on the GC particularly for 2wd buggies and SC trucks?

Thanks in advance for the help

Aaron
Old 09-30-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

??
Old 09-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

there is suppose to be a new gc club forming but not sure how far away that is.
as far as short course there is a small indoor track joined to a hobby shop.
try this thread http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/s...t=8313&page=32
Old 10-02-2011, 05:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks ozzy - crawl.

Lets hope they can get it together this time and NOT run tri weekly, that was putting the race meets in confilct with Logan and Bayside more often than not.

Its a great track and if run well could be an awesome place to race.

Im going to check out the racing at the SC track next Thursday, thanks for that tip too.

Cheers
Aaron
Old 10-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 46 (96%+)
Default NEW GC

Aaron

good to hear your back racing again.
Myself and Michael Lee (ECLIP) put our hands up at running the GC track.

Done'''''Stage 1 we have - all timing equipment to run race meets.
we have repaired and gone through the gear and all is ready

Pending'''''Stage 2 get the clubs old accounts so we can pay for insurance/ aflliation fees and some repairs to track.
This has taken abit of time to get the old committe to sign over

TBA'''' Stage 3 new layout off tack and admendments to track to attract wider range of racers (still with council for approvals)

Stage 4 - Grants for new stand and pit areas

At this stage we will not be holding any firm race meets until
1/ our track is looking 100% painted and repaired
2/ Until the QLD titles are over we will not know what our race calanders will be until we have sat down with our affilates.

There is no point running a race meet with 4 GC racers that turn up, we need everyone to turn up and it not an easy task. Most Brisbane racers will not come to GC as it is too far for some slack arses...
so we arent going to jump into race meets without planning.

For people that cannot hold and wait for things to be done correctly.
I'll leave this blank for your imaginations.

Ps. Aaron
Go Mod - GC track is great for mod. - here are some current stuff
Current cars ---XRay t3---Yokomo BDWX-- HB TCX---SCHUI mi4CX
ESC-- SP GT 3.0-- SP clubmans--LRP SXX-- Tekin
MOTORS -- SP 3.0 & 17.5 MMM series - LRP OCTAwinds - ORIONS - TEAM POWERS
BATTS---IP 5800-6200 60C - Venom and phantoms 70C - orion 90C

Controllers - 4PK-s/M11/MT4/Spekturms/ KO etcs..

Kenny
Old 10-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

just thought i would let people know who have raced at gilston in the past, kenny and micheal are electric races not nitro guys playing with electric till they get another track.
I know there is no racing as yet, but instead of rushing in to starting a half assed club they are doing a huge amount of back ground work so it can be a successful on going club from the start, not just a temporary one.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Gday Kenny,

Thats great that you two are taking on the development and re-birth of the club, I'm sure you will meet your goals.

Im still at Uni, so for me I'll stick with stock for now, that is if I come back to on-road, Im liking the look of the SC trucks.

Having said that I reckon that if the GC club can get running again and running well, that is organised and controlled, then I'd likely return to on-road.

You mentioned that the Brissy guys won't travel to the GC and I don't doubt that considering the reputation the club gave itself when I was racing a couple of years ago.

Don't know whether you need nor care about my thoughts, but you did, mention leaving it open to our imaginations so.....from someone possibly returning here's my thoughts.

Please run fortnightly, opposite to Meakin. A lot of those guys will travel to the GC on the opposing weekend to Logan, but if you run tri weekly, you will then be in conflict more often than not with both Meakin and Bayside. A suggestion might be to run on the opposing Saturday/Sunday to Meakin.

As you know one of the biggest issues with the club was the way in which the race meetings were run, very amateurish and seemingly with no due care to those who were willing to come and race, so I know you know this and will see this doesn't occur again. This part in itself will likely see racers turn up regularly.

Points system that caters for improvement and makes allowance for guest competitors

You've mentioned your re-designing the track, thats going to be a mega plus. Designing the track to cater for the majority of classes that will run there will make it even more inviting. Im assuming 1/10th on road EP.

Power and shade options

Actively seeking new racers and seeing they are assimilated into the club race days with guidance and assistance.

I never could understand why they designed the track to cater for the most expensive and minority class, but once re-designed and up and running, I can't see any reason why it won't take off.

You only have to look at Logan and Bayside to see that once a committee accepts constructive input from their racers only great things can happen.

Im looking forward to getting back into racing now stock is once again stock, from a Uni budget perspective it's great, and now I live on the coast I'd like to jave a local club to race at and compete for in the Interclubs etc etc.

Good to here it's your guys getting going, hopefully things will speed up for you and GC club is re-birthed.

I reckon a lot of racers have been waiting for this and it seemed that this track was one of those, "if they'd just get their acts together" type situations, so Im sure with the right track and operating procedures you gys will kill it, of course together with people putting their hands up to help out rather than just gibbering on, as was the case last time so I am to believe.

Good on ya mate

Cheers
Aaron
Old 10-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 46 (96%+)
Default new gc

Thanks Aaron
Yes to be quiet honest. i have to tread carefully and not hurt any other clubs financially and need thier support more than ever.
Im sure i will get both clubs ok.
How I was looking was to run fortnightly club days Sundays. opposite of meakins 3 on and 3 off as by after the titles, bayside will run back on a sat night/day so GC will run sundays .

Yes the track will have what everybodys looking for --PM sent
Yes we are going to adapt and also adpot new changes that racers require.

Our race meets will run at it highest professional standards
and race directing that everybodys going to come back for.
Our food will also be at high standards.
Our point system will be fair and challenge all
Our fees and awards will make racers be proud of what they are racing for.

Most already have experience this from me over the past couple of race meets. but i will need all help and support from all as i cannot do everything by myself.

What i have explained is only half of the ideas and plan of what we have installed but its going to take abit of time and support from all racers.

I invision that we will be the first club to have state of the art facilties by the end of 2012. Stay tuned.

I hope that everybody can help keep this club alive and strong. as i require strong support more than weak negativity.

regards
Kenny
Old 10-03-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sounds great Kenny, you know Ill support you as I can, Uni dependant of course.

Cheers
Aaron
Old 10-10-2011, 04:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up gilston track

I'd love to start seeing a club running at the gold coast again, but as a bit of a noobie i'd probably run a tamiya TA-05 using 540's or 21.5 and/or F1 to get my eye & hands back in.

Sunday racing would suit me fine, as I might be able to get a mate to come & run a second F1 car., plus i might be able to get a bit of fishing in as well

Gilston is a bit of a haul from Beaudesert, but then so is meakin park as well for me on a wedensday/ Saturday night, but I'd would like to see this track being used again, & I am willing to support your efforts kenny & E-clip.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Smile Gilston Practice Day

Hi all

This Saturday 15th Oct I will be at Gilston from 10am with timing gear if anyone wants to run some timed laps.

See you at the track
My number is 0439 073 908
Michael Lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.